COLLAVORATIVE STORY GAME

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
halibabica
The evidence against Torungu is deemed more than clear enough. He is sent to prison on multiple counts of parakeet homicide and illegal use of time travel. In an act of irony, his prison cell is an oversized bird cage.

After a month in prison, trying very hard not to drop the soap, Torunga's lawyer came to see him. "Your conviction has been vacated. You're a free man."
Torunga was overcome with joy. "What...what happened?"
The lawyer took his glasses off and steeled himself to deliver the unbearable news. "Parakeets are still dying, and you may be the only one that can help."
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Hatsune Miku's show had long passed, and this could very well be Torungu's only shot at parole. So he graciously accepted the offer and became the precinct's first and only birdkiller hunter.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Like Hatsune Mika's long gone concert, so too must his identity be forgotten. It had been arranged that a lifer would take his place in the birdcage, and obtain Torungu's name. He would, under the FBI's "Birdkiller Hunter" Division (or BHD), be given a new life. This new existence was one known as Agent Piper Coons. Born into an orphanage, and raised alone. No family, no friends, no unanswered questions of the past.
The BHD office was small. In it, he shared a desk with Agent Elise Franks. She specialized in chemistry, avian biology, and was a master of all the kung fu.
Torungu trained for months, he wanted to become the "Birdu sama Torungu senpai", so he can save birds around the world. One day, while he was in the toilet, he maked a big effort to do his necesity and the WC exploded... Apparently, he was a supersayan and, because he hated the anonymous bird killer so much, he discovered his supersayan powers.
pianotm
DankCrusader
Torungu trained for months, he wanted to become the "Birdu sama Torungu senpai", so he can save birds around the world. One day, while he was in the toilet, he maked a big effort to do his necesity and the WC exploded... Apparently, he was a supersayan and, because he hated the anonymous bird killer so much, he discovered his supersayan powers.

He became obsessed with the defense of parakeets and endeavored to learn all that he could about them. Every day, he could be found repeating interesting facts that he had discovered. "Elise, did you know that parakeets are native to Australia and can learn human speech just as well as an African Gray?"
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Elise rolled her eyes. It was going to be a long week.
author=halibabica
Elise rolled her eyes. It was going to be a long week.
A week passed and Torungu and Elise recieved a call. Apparently, there was a serial bird killer in the city! Of course, Torungu went to the city fliying and Elisse went to the city in the bus. The mission was going to be epic.
Dudesoft
Elise ignored the numerous uncomfortable stares she got for being associated with the nutjob laying down on the bus roof, pretending he was a super hero. Since the FBI has marginalized the BKD budget to the point they were stuck on public transit, this sort of nonsense had become all too common. She presumed that Agent Piper Coons' psychotic break had been directly linked to the months of false leads, and pointless investigation into the Parakeet Serial Killer.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
When Torungu and Elise arrived at the crime scene, cops were already swarming the place, and the area had been cordoned off. It was a gruesome sight. The entire avian section of the pet store had been trashed, up to three parakeets lying dead in all of the bird cages. The only thing more ominous than the scene was the one bird left alive. It was a parrot, sitting on a branch hanging from the ceiling, repeatedly squawking nothing but the name "Stymphalia".
halibabica
The parrot was brought in for further interrogation, as were other survivors of the incident. Strangely, they could glean no further information from the other animals they questioned; even the store clerks! Meanwhile the parrot was too traumatized to say anything more, except to express a desire for crackers. With a name as their only lead, the investigation team set to work.

By which I mean Elise hit up Google and Torungu did nothing.
"Eureka!" Torungu cried, "I know who did it! It was... the boss!"

Elise put her face in her palm and concentrated on the monitor in front of her, trying to ignore her partners random explanation about how their boss (one Mr Biggsiddy Jones, and really, who names their kid that?) went about his killings.

Torungu's sudden silence penetrated where it random outbursts didn't and she turned around in her chair, about to tell him off for whatever stupid thing he was doing... again, only to come face to face with aforementioned (and unimpressed-looking) boss.
Torungu was angry, as goku when he fought Frieza. Then he punched the wall but it was so hard than his hand broke and was forced to go to the hospital for one month. Meanwhile, birds were still killed.
pianotm
Meanwhile, Elise was investigating on her own. Unfortunately, it was quite clear she was getting close to the truth. Five ninjas leapt out at her in an alleyway, flinging finches with razor sharp beaks. She easily dodged the flying projectile song birds and began taking out the ninjas...but she didn't account for the fact that these were trained finches, determined to hit their target no matter what. As she fought, the birds circled around and struck her in the arms and the legs and the back of her head with their razor sharp beaks. Of course, they were finches so, in spite of how sharp their beaks were, they barely nicked her.

"Who uses attack finches?" she shouted at the annoyances. "Really!"

More and more ninjas jumped out until they wore her down and subdued her. Elise was bound, a black bag over head, and she was thrown in the back of a van.
halibabica
While Torungu was hospitalized and Elise was kidnapped, Mr. Bigsiddy Jones reviewed his quarterly reports. Numbers were down. The FBI was unimpressed with the progress his branch was making. If they didn't crack this case soon, they might all be facing termination. Bigsiddy showed a hard exterior to his employees, but deep down...he knew they were his only hope. He promptly put aside a fund called "medical expenses." ;)

And a smaller one titled "anti-ninja expenses."
Dudesoft
Meanwhile, at the hospital, Torungu left in a wheelchair. His arm in a cast and sling. There were many signatures on it. They said "get well soon", "good luck birdman", "I wish I was a super Saiyan as well" and "I think you're insane but you have beautiful feet, call me 555-5555, xoxo Mary"
The fresh air filled Torungu's lungs like bitter sacks of puss. What may be enticing to some, refreshing even, to him smelt of failure. The serial killer was at large, and he had a burning vengeance growing inside.
Torungu had wasted enough time here. What should have been an overnight visit at best, had turned into a form of incarceration after his psychotic outburst in the examination room had led to a straight jacket and daily psychiatric treatments.
"I am the Chosen One! Like Goku, I will save the day!" He had chanted over and over. When they wouldn't listen, he determined to prove his claim, and charged his ki by clenching his fists and growling "Rrrrrrrr!" for a few minutes before the nurses managed to subdue Torungu and sedate him.

Alas, this untimely delay was not for nothing. While playing checkers with a man in a tinfoil hat, he overheard a news report on tv about the Parakeet Killer.
An elderly woman was seated near the television and scolded any who got in her way during the report, and then, beaming from ear to ear, she turned to her neighbour and said, "That's my boy..."
Torungu spent the remainder of his visit growing to know this woman. Her name was Beverly. Beverly Stymphalia.
Within days, Torungu had extracted her son's home address and name. Flush with excitement, Torungu listened to her every word.
"My son, Balthazar, he always his pets. So many birds. He never was much good at keeping them alive, but he sure loved them."
(oops tad long!)
Jeroen_Sol
Elise squinted as light filled her eyes for the first time in what had felt like hours, maybe days. The room she was in was very clinical. White tiles lined the floor and walls. In the corner, a man and a woman in lab coats were using vials and syringes in what looked like some sort of experiment. As Elise tried to get up to take a closer look, she noticed her arms and legs were strapped to a simple office chair.

"Well well well! It seems you're awake!"

The man in front of her did not look intimidating at all, standing 1.60 metres tall, but the arrogance in his voice sent a shiver down Elise's spine.

"Did you like my attack birds? I bred them myself. You see, I've found that the further away from hatching the eggs are, the more likely my serum is to work. Of course, I've tried it on adult birds too, you see. But most of them seem to die, and those that don't become infertile. Of course they also become infertile when you inject the eggs. It's a problem we're working on right now, but my fellow scientists say they'll have that sorted out within the next month. Oh, listen to me ramble, I haven't even introduced myself. Balthazar Stymphalia. The masses call me Birdkiller. A bit of a distasteful and misleading name if you ask me, but then again, they have no idea what I'm really trying to do. You were trying to catch me, but obviously I couldn't let that happen, so I had to kidnap you. I hope you don't mind too much."

Nothing the man said made any sense to Elise, whose mind was still a bit groggy, but one thing was certain. She was in grave danger, and needed to get out of this chair as fast as possible.
pianotm

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd
Elise watched the movements of Stymphalia and the other scientist with wide, glassy eyes.

"Yes, this one," she heard him mumble. "Thank you, Doris."

Doris turned to Elise and reached out to her head, firmly pressing her hands over her forehead.

"What... what are you going to do to me?" Elise said breathlessly, panic creeping over her skin and churning her stomach.

Balthazar grinned briefly at Elise, a kind of horrid patronizing grin that sent a crack of anger into her heart.

"Answer me!" She struggled in her binds and tried to wriggle her head free from Doris' clammy grip. "Answer me! Please!"

"Oh, you know," said Stymphalia lightly, back to Elise. He turned on his heel giddily, dribbling syringe in one gloved hand. "I'm going to turn you into a parakeet."
pianotm
There was a huge crash from upstairs, hard enough to shake the whole building. Everyone, Elise included, in spite of herself, turns to look at the ceiling.

"Check it," said Balthazar.

Doris caps the syringe and puts in a pocket of her lab coat. As she reaches the door, it flings open, hitting her square in the face and knocking her out cold. When she hits the floor near Elise, it's clear that her nose, mouth, and the cheeks under her eyes are beginning to swell from the injury. Torunga leaps in with a revolver drawn. "Don't move! Everybody's under arrest!" He looks around. "Elise what are you doing here?"

Elise said, "They kidnapped me!" She didn't dare tell him that the FBI wouldn't let him have a real gun. Hopefully, Balthazar wouldn't realize that the orange tip meant the gun was fake.
Jeroen_Sol
Fortunately, Balthazar did not realize the gun was fake. Stuttering about mercy, he stumbled backwards and almost tripped over Elise's chair. Unfortunately, at that moment, a guard came up behind Torungu from the hallway, and injected a similar-looking syringe into Torungu's neck. The fake gun fell to the floor, where it went off, an electronic and very fake-sounding gunshot sounding from a tiny speaker. Then Torungu went down in a very real crash.

"Sorry boss, he got the jump on me. I wasn't able to catch up with him before he found his way here."