DOES ANYONE REMEMBER RPGRPGREVOLUTION? (REMEMBERING RRR)

Pages: first prev 123 last
author=amerk
author=kentona
I should sell RMN to iEntry
Only if you hate RMN that much. :)

RRR and RMVX were my hangouts when I first got into RPG Maker with VX. Was first appointed as an official reviewer for RRR and then became a mod briefly before becoming Admin for awhile on VXAce. After that, well, my 15+ tenure with my at the time job fizzled as the company tanked, my parents passed away, and for a long while I lost any motivation for anything with RPG Maker other than playing games.

Now most of the old school communities are gone. RMW is good for offical replies, resources, and buying add-ons but misses out on some of the oldschool spirit.

I guess RMN is the last real site for that, and I think one of the reasons it's stood the test of time is because it caters to just about every aspect of game development, regardless of the tool, regardless if it's an original creation or fan game, regardless if it's commercial or free.

Still, I miss Kaz, Jonnie, and XMO from the glorious RRR days - never understood why they used RPG twice in their naming convention though (RPG RPG Revolution).

Rocket Propelled Grenade Role Playing Game Revolution?
author=amerk
author=kentona

RRR and RMVX were my hangouts when I first got into RPG Maker with VX. Was first appointed as an official reviewer for RRR and then became a mod briefly before becoming Admin for awhile on VXAce. After that, well, my 15+ tenure with my at the time job fizzled as the company tanked, my parents passed away, and for a long while I lost any motivation for anything with RPG Maker other than playing games.

Now most of the old school communities are gone. RMW is good for offical replies, resources, and buying add-ons but misses out on some of the oldschool spirit.

I guess RMN is the last real site for that, and I think one of the reasons it's stood the test of time is because it caters to just about every aspect of game development, regardless of the tool, regardless if it's an original creation or fan game, regardless if it's commercial or free.

Still, I miss Kaz, Jonnie, and XMO from the glorious RRR days - never understood why they used RPG twice in their naming convention though (RPG RPG Revolution).

author=Darken
Rocket Propelled Grenade Role Playing Game Revolution?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)♥️

Jokes aside, I always thought RPGRPGRevolution was suppose to be a playful take on DDR? or DanceDanceRevolution? A game that was sort of still somewhat popular during the late 2000s. I won't lie, I thought the name was kind of kind of cool, even if it was a bit complicated to say out loud. Thanks for taking the time to reply amrek. I wish more peeps responded, it'd be cool to get a confirmation on what went down. (...I mean, we already have a thread, but it'd be cool to get a confirmation)
author=LordBlueRouge
Jokes aside, I always thought RPGRPGRevolution was suppose to be a playful take on DDR? or DanceDanceRevolution? A game that was sort of still somewhat popular during the late 2000s. I won't lie, I thought the name was kind of kind of cool, even if it was a bit complicated to say out loud. Thanks for taking the time to reply amrek. I wish more peeps responded, it'd be cool to get a confirmation on what went down. (...I mean, we already have a thread, but it'd be cool to get a confirmation)

Ah, now that would make sense if that were the case.
Fudge sickles, double tapped the submit and got a double post.
I was a GamingW guy only until I discovered this site. Loved the activity there, while it lasted.
author=amerk
author=kentona

RMN is never going anywhere because I will never change
Pages: first prev 123 last