I BELIEVE I SHOULD REINTRODUCE MYSELF.

Pages: 1
Hello guys, my name is anyon175 and I'm a brazilian RPGMaker fan since... Well, a bunch of years.

I joined RMN way back in 2013 in believe, but I wasn't that much active at that time. But once in a while I always checked it out for news in the community.
I came back to see if I can make some cool games and do whatever I can to contribute to the community.

My skills are mostly programming, networking (in the computer network sense) and a little bit of cybersecurity. I'm most familiar with the old RPGMaker engines (RM95, RM2k, RM2k3), Unity and Renpy.
Most of the rpgmaker games I played were from old the RPGMaker communities, like A Blurred Line, Legion Saga, Ara Fell, Kindred Saga, Demon Legacy, Three the Hard Way, and other famous titles like these.

My most recent game, if you can call it that, is a game called Dual-Wielded, where I (try to) use 2 game engines at the same time to tell a story while you play in the other window... I think that's basically it.

TL;DR, my name's anyon175, nice to meet you guys. :)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome back to RMN! :D
author=InfectionFiles
Welcome back to RMN! :D

Thank you. :)
I don’t normally post in the introduction thread and I’m kind of swamped with stuff at the moment, (still working on the archive thread as well), so I’m gonna try and keep this short. But I just wanted to come in and say “Hi!”

anyon175 is a really cool guy. Guys, please treat him kindly.

I think the coolest part about being apart of RMN has always been, meeting people from all over the world, from all different walks of life – It’s sort of an opportunity you’d never really get a chance to have otherwise.

So, I’ll never forget when I was randomly searching French, German and Spanish rpgmaker communities I suddenly came across this video for O Calice Sagrado (an rpgmaker2000 game I think)

It was so incredibly different from the games I was use to seeing on RMN, it literally blew my mind! It was a lot like one of the rpgmaker games you’d use to see on GamingW back in 2007 that was just oozing with creativity .

And it turns out, this game was actually from the Brazilian rpgmaker community! So yeah, I’m just like, so happy and super stoked ❤ we finally got someone from the Brazilian rpgmaker community on RMN!

It’s moments like these where you realize, that we really should be reaching out to other rpgmaker communities in order to see what else is out there and form bonds in order to grow - we often may not speak the same language, but we do share the same interest, which is rpgmaker games.

But yeah, I’m just like super glad that you’re taking part in our community! and hopefully we’ll get to learn more about the Brazilian rpgmaker communities and their games as well!

author=anyon175
My skills are mostly programming, networking (in the computer network sense) and a little bit of cybersecurity. I'm most familiar with the old RPGMaker engines (RM95, RM2k, RM2k3), Unity and Renpy.
Most of the rpgmaker games I played were from old the RPGMaker communities, like A Blurred Line, Legion Saga, Ara Fell, Kindred Saga, Demon Legacy, Three the Hard Way, and other famous titles like these.

My most recent game, if you can call it that, is a game called Dual-Wielded, where I (try to) use 2 game engines at the same time to tell a story while you play in the other window... I think that's basically it.

Looking forward to this too!

It’s a really exciting time to be working with rpgmaker2000/2003.

EDIT: thanks again for the update on the archive list by the way; I’ll have to sort through it, but you’ve already found a lot of games that have been missing that I look forward to playing again – like the fourth demo for Name73

Happy to have you here anyon175! Welcome to RMN!
Yeah scouring non-english games on youtube and stuff is kind of interesting. We def overtime tailored ourselves more towards keeping our rips and art a lot more consistent. I really liked The Way in how it just didn't care that it was combining Bryce prerenders with breath of fire 2 interiors half the time. It is something that really justifies the somewhat illegal or bootleggy nature of the RPGmaking scene.

But yeah welcome.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I seem to recall making a suggestion in the staff forums of granting some of the people in the request games thread an achievement for all the awesome work they are doing. I'm almost sure the name "anyon175" was one of the names I had suggested, too. I don't recall when this was, mind, but, stuff just seems to be piling up. ;_;

At any rate, welcome back!
author=Darken
Yeah scouring non-english games on youtube and stuff is kind of interesting. We def overtime tailored ourselves more towards keeping our rips and art a lot more consistent. I really liked The Way in how it just didn't care that it was combining Bryce prerenders with breath of fire 2 interiors half the time. It is something that really justifies the somewhat illegal or bootleggy nature of the RPGmaking scene.

But yeah welcome.

Indeed Darken, most of the games I saw in RPGMaker (at least the most old ones) had in some way infringed copyrights, but as time passed I guess people started to get more conscious about that and made more games with their own resources. But I totally agree, in the artistic perspective they are certainly justified.
... So yea, thank you :)

author=Marrend
I seem to recall making a suggestion in the staff forums of granting some of the people in the request games thread an achievement for all the awesome work they are doing. I'm almost sure the name "anyon175" was one of the names I had suggested, too. I don't recall when this was, mind, but, stuff just seems to be piling up. ;_;

At any rate, welcome back!

... Really? O_o
I didn't even know about those achievements actually. Hahaha :)
But yea, thank you Marrend, I don't know if I deserve these or not, but I'll gladly help uploading those games if I can. Too bad so many of them have already been lost. =/

author=LordBlueRouge
I don’t normally post in the introduction thread and I’m kind of swamped with stuff at the moment, (still working on the archive thread as well), so I’m gonna try and keep this short. But I just wanted to come in and say “Hi!”

anyon175 is a really cool guy. Guys, please treat him kindly.

I think the coolest part about being apart of RMN has always been, meeting people from all over the world, from all different walks of life – It’s sort of an opportunity you’d never really get a chance to have otherwise.

Thank you for your kind words LordBlueRouge. :)
I feel the same way, there are so many games everywhere with different cultures, different thoughts and ideas. My only wish would be that we could bring them all in one place and started to talk about them. Perhaps RMN is that place.

author=LordBlueRouge
So, I’ll never forget when I was randomly searching French, German and Spanish rpgmaker communities I suddenly came across this video for O Calice Sagrado (an rpgmaker2000 game I think)

It was so incredibly different from the games I was use to seeing on RMN, it literally blew my mind! It was a lot like one of the rpgmaker games you’d use to see on GamingW back in 2007 that was just oozing with creativity .

And it turns out, this game was actually from the Brazilian rpgmaker community! So yeah, I’m just like, so happy and super stoked ❤ we finally got someone from the Brazilian rpgmaker community on RMN!

It’s moments like these where you realize, that we really should be reaching out to other rpgmaker communities in order to see what else is out there and form bonds in order to grow - we often may not speak the same language, but we do share the same interest, which is rpgmaker games.

...Wow, indeed, Calice Sagrado is a beautiful brazilian game... There are other famous (if you can call them that) brazilian games, like The Drake Legend, Vila do Nevoeiro, Robercleiton TURBO and others.
I have been thinking on doing an International games (or perhaps a better name would be 'non-english rpgmaker games') thread, where people could show Let's Plays or game translations for games like these made in other countries. But perhaps I might need permission for that, I don't know.

I hope I'm not going too much off-topic with this, but I have some screen shots already for some of those brazilian games.

The Drake Legend: The River of the Dragons  

Las Aventurietas del Robercleiton TURBO

School of the Dead

O Segredo do Espirito

I even played two italian RPGMaker games and one who was french that I would certainly like to talk about (I believe their names were respectively Fifth Era, Theory of the Order and Velsarbor).

Anyways, language might be the greatest barrier but it's definetly worth to give those gems (and others) a shot.

author=LordBlueRouge
But yeah, I’m just like super glad that you’re taking part in our community! and hopefully we’ll get to learn more about the Brazilian rpgmaker communities and their games as well!
EDIT: thanks again for the update on the archive list by the way; I’ll have to sort through it, but you’ve already found a lot of games that have been missing that I look forward to playing again – like the fourth demo for Name73

Happy to have you here anyon175! Welcome to RMN!

Thank you LordBlueRouge. :)
I'm glad to be part of the community aswell. I just wanna help that rare games thread in anyway I can.

author=LordBlueRouge
It’s a really exciting time to be working with rpgmaker2000/2003.

Indeed, there are already some brazilian games that used the DestinyScript for RM2k for example. The game I'm trying to make right now is using Renpy and RM2k + DestinyScript to communicate between the two windows. Right now it's just a crazy idea though, I don't even know if I'm doing it the way I originally intended anymore. Hahaha :)
author=kentona

welcome!

Of course... ;)

And thank you Mr. kentona. :)
Pages: 1