I'M BACK (WITH A NEW GAME, I GUESS)

Pages: 1
I've been gone for a long time, I know (haven't visited this site for more than a year) but I probably need to get something off my chest. I probably hurt a lot of people here with my last game (Tristian) and I debated for a long time
whether to come back or not. So first and foremost, I apologise. I don't expect anyone to forgive me for what I did back then, but all I want to do is just... make games again. It's been eating away at me for so long and I just couldn't stay away anymore.

I had to come back.

I can never really go back to working on Lady of the Lion because it just has too many bad memories. Just thinking about it nowadays leaves me depressed. I also left the Fire Emblem fandom back in July and because LoTL takes so much inspiration from that series, I feel it is just best to leave the game dead.

After a year-long sabbatical of doing other things, like trying to improve my art, becoming obsessed with Granblue Fantasy (a mobile gacha game that is considerably better than FEH or even FG/O) and just generally taking a break from... gam-mak. Playing GBF also re-ignited my love for the jRPG genre and love of game-making in general.

I saw the IGMC 2017 and, just for the hell of it, decided to enter it on a whim. I wanted to get out of a rut and just start making games again, because I've always loved doing it. I just lost my way, I guess. But I realised I could do no other hobby and feel as truly happy as creating jRPGs, for it is the only hobby where I can combine art, writing and gameplay into one cohesive whole.

My IGMC entry was called Icebound and placed 15th in the Judge's Choice. I'll probably make a game page at some point in the future.

I suppose this image or scene from Granblue can best sum up my feelings.

That, and my avatar. Lots and lots of regret.

But I'm back.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
*Runs up and hugs Luchi*

I missed you!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Welcome back!
I recognized your mapping style in Icebound immediately. Don't forget to make it a gamepage here.
Hey, welcome back! It was a surprise to see you in the IGMC but it was more like an "Oh, of course Luchi is taking part Liberty, you dolt! She didn't stop making games just because she hasn't been around. :eyeroll at self:"

Icebound was a pretty good game. I loved the battle system and your mapping did a good job of conveying the environment - if you keep pushing into interesting directions like you did for that you really can't go wrong and I, for one, will be looking forward to it.

So yeah, it's nice to see you've recharged your batteries and are back again (though I have to disagree on the Granblue vs FE:H thing. I far prefer the latter myself. XD )
I never knew you but welcome back anyway.
You may find that one day you can return to lady of the Lion. I once had a falling out with members of my team on a game and it became to much of a sore point to work on. I returned to it about five years later and it felt good to work on, I still haven't finished it as I have a different main project but I know I will one day.
I look forward to seeing what games you put together.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Oh right I remember that mess haha. Not the game, just the "drama" that happened around it, never actually played it.

Never be afraid to pursue what you love doing, just make the decision & push forward. Good luck with your project!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Welcome back to the fold!
Welcome back. *chants "One of us, one of us." over and over again.*

But for real though. Welcome back! Hope to get to know you better. Your pixel art was great. I used one of your parallax backgrounds from RMW in my title screen for my Legion Saga remake I am working on. Nothing but good vibes here!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome back to RMN and gam mak!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Welcome back to RMN! I hope now will be the time to make a bunch of new and good memories. Best of luck with your projects!
Thanks guys. I'll admit, I feel like a new member again, despite joining this site back in 2009.

It's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things though. Like blog-writing and probably creating more resources. And posting in that Screenshot thread, haha.

I need a new project to chase now, and will probably start using MV (it's about time). Been using VX for all my completed games since late 2010, but I think its time to hang up the old maker's shoes for good. And MV has enormous potential.

Maybe my next project will be something silly, a jRPG inspired by early 90s titles. Without the teenage protag.

But we'll see from here!
Really great to see you back, Luchino.

I played some of Icebound and quite enjoyed it (great graphics, interesting story & characters, and I liked the small, snowy island setting).

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work on here!
!!!!

Yay. This actually makes me very very happy - you were one of my favorite developers. Welcome back, Luchi.
Pages: 1