HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
author=Xenomic
I think I've tried looking for information on accuracy in 2k3 and nobody actually knows how it works? Same with Evasion, nobody really knows how it works either. I mean, I can try looking again to see if anything pops up, but I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that. @_@;

Huh. I could've sworn speed was an issue around that point of the game. Maybe I'm mistaken?? Or I'm just too used to slapping all the speed on my party ever.

At the mansion, I was just barely outpaced by most of the maids. They'd get in their attacks just before the party could make a move (besides Reimu, who always went first somehow). It didn't make a lot of difference beyond then.

I figured it's been so long that 2k3 would've been cracked wide open by now, but if the formulas really aren't out there, then I guess you're stuck. The 95% moves haven't given me much trouble, but I think the others could use a boost. It's hard to tell, but I would bet enemy evasion factors into it somehow, worsening the odds.
Ah, I'm assuming Reimu had Yin-Yang Orb equipped? That gives First Strike (don't know if it says that in the description or not, I don't have all the room to fit in descriptions). That's the only thing I can think of that would do that.

Locke did find this for me (which was from the Steam version, it wasn't in the original's help file at all):

Normal attack accuracy
Accuracy (%) = 100 – (100 – A's equipment's base accuracy (%)) x {1 + (B's agility / A's agility – 1) / 2}
·If the “Ignore enemy dodge rate” option is enabled, the base accuracy will be used as-is for the accuracy value.
·Based on the current status, an accuracy fluctuation value (%) will be applied.
·If B has a piece of equipment with the “Increase dodge rate for physical attacks” effect equipped, the accuracy rate will be reduced by 25%.
·If B is under a status effect that causes B to be unable to move, the accuracy will be unconditionally 100%.

So it does exist, but this is for regular attacks, not skills (how those handle it, I don't know). So Speed does factor into hit and miss too, but since everyone's speed is generally very close (with some exceptions like Aya who's a speedy turd nugget), it shouldn't change it that much??
halibabica
Sorry for the quiet. I got busy with something last week and had to take a little break. I'm back at it now. The party lost Cirno and recruited Reisen, and now we're beating up doors in Eientei. At first, I didn't know you could go through the doors after defeating them, and now we've been through every room in the first hall. I'm slightly bewildered since the back door seems to lead to the front door, but I'm not out of ideas yet. I'm just glad we haven't been dying as much now.
Ah yes, Eientei. Good thing you never once saw the ORIGINAL version of that place. That...was a complete disaster. Same with Forest of Bamboo (I have vids of the originals on my YT I believe, and ChefMKT has them too). I'm SO glad I changed how they worked. @_@;
halibabica
Well, we got through Eientei without any trouble. We solved all the puzzles and even beat the boss on our first try! Well, besides the actual boss that's meant to be impossible. We escaped, got all our most upgraded skills, and returned to the mansion like Patchi said. Then we were told Sakuya went bonkers and went to see Flandre, but I don't remember who Flandre is or where to find them. I thought it was the bedroom in the basement, but no one was there and nothing jumped out at me. I'm at a slight loss about the next step, but it feels like the difficulty finally leveled off...for now.

EDIT: Found them on the roof. I don't know why they couldn't just tell us "I saw them going to the roof," but I made it anyway. We took care of that mess and dropped by the shrine again, so now Sakuya and Marisa are in the party, and we can start swapping party members around now. That speed bug is weird, and possibly exploitable. I feel as though it'd be nice to know what level characters are in the recruitment area. Also, I have no idea who Keine is or where to find them, but I have like three other errands to do now anyway.
halibabica
I recall a while ago seeing this game on the development spotlight saying it was complete, but buggy as fuck. I think I'm getting to the buggy as fuck parts.

So, we dropped through the floor of the school in the village, which is where I would've remembered meeting Keine if I could keep track of all these names better. We marched around in some lava and found our way to the exit, where we had some very confusing cutscenes. It looked like the dialogue boxes were getting cut off, or that entire parts of the conversation were missing. Face graphics didn't match who was talking, and it was all kind of a mess. On my way out of the room, I saw a sweat drop emote chilling inside the wall.

In the forest outside, I missed an event trigger and went back to town. I hit it on my way back because I hadn't been told what to do next. Also, when I entered the forest from the cave, it stopped being rainy and gloomy for some reason. The game scene-shifted to Youkai Mountain where another emote was hanging out on-screen, and another semi-weird cutscene followed between Aya and Momiji. The character change speed bug kicked in and I had a forced leisurely stroll up the mountain, only to be told I'm not allowed in and I get to walk back down.

I can understand unexpected bugs popping up here and there, but I would at least have thought you'd make sure the critical path was okay. Xeno, I suggest you do a run-through of the game yourself, take notes as you go, and fix things right away so you don't forget. It's crumbling in front of me.
Speed bug? You mean with Sakuya in the party? Oh no, that's intentional. That's what her passive is when she's in the party.

Wait, what?? Those two areas should not have been affected at all. They were perfectly fine so...what even happened to cause them to mess up??? I'm very confused...I mean, I HAVE done literally hundreds of test runs through the game, so I know that those areas shouldn't have changed at all. : S
halibabica
No dude, the map walk speed bug. It happens a lot in the character change room, and it happened again when the party was switched to Momiji and Aya.

I don't know what's up with that exactly, but you could try the following to fix it. After every party change event, add the following line:

set character movement hero: speed up x6, speed down x2

That way, the hero's walk speed is maxed and reduced back to 4. Then you won't need an NPC of yourself to fix and tell me to enjoy the beta.
Oh....it does max out, that's right. I never thought of that at all. But yeah, I don't understand that bug at all. Gonna be fuuuuuun to fix though, considering that it's not after every party change event, but EVERY cutscene in the game changes speed. So...that's...gonna be fun to fix. Ugh...
halibabica
Also...I've no doubt you've tested the game many times, but it's easy for things like dialogue to slip by because that's not usually something you're testing for functionality. I've noticed dialogue getting cut off in several other places already. I recommend you do a test play, and take your time to read the dialogue. You'll catch a lot, I'm sure.

Um, I also wanted to ask about Sakuya's silver daggers. They do x2 damage to undead and x0 damage to everything else. I don't know if that's intentional, or it it's true of her other weapons, but I've left her unarmed just so she can hurt things normally.
...THAT might be because I didn't tag some Non-Elemental attributes to the weapons. Fffff...ya know what? If you wanna take time to do other games before resuming this, go ahead. Might take some time before it all gets fixed up. Was hoping I didn't *have* to do another playthrough, especially with how sick I got of testing it (lol), but at this rate....bleeeeeeeergh. T-T
halibabica
I know the feel of being tired of testing; oh, how I do. Tell you what, why don't you hold off while I'm doing my playthrough? I'll report any troubles I find so you know what to patch, and then you can do another pass on your own afterward. I can even leave the review unrated if you like.
Up to you. I can still at least patch things up on my end as I see them (for instance, I didn't realize there were a few paths to get around the event trigger in the Forest at all. Some are behind vegetation too, don't know if that's how you did it or not. Or...if you just walked around it outright. ^^;; ).

I'll probably even start playing along tomorrow or so, since I'm getting very, VERY angry at Smash Ultimate lol...
halibabica
from Xenomic
Up to you.

No, you! I'm stubborn as a mule and won't stop playing until it's technically impossible to continue. If I help you squash some bugs along the way, then great.

Now I'm curious what got you so mad in Ultimate. I had my share of heated gamer moments while playing it, and that was just in the story mode campaign.
Nah, go ahead and keep playing then lol. Again, I'll probably start my own runthrough (and try to stream it as well!) today or tomorrow, depending on if I'm home or not.

The problem with me is I'm hyper competitive, so whenever I play and screw up things that I know better (i.e. I see DDD's using Gordos and just run into them. Or run into Ridley/Ganon's Side Bs. Or run into Ganon's Volcano Kick...), it kinda sets me off. Same thing with delay (i.e. game either not doing what I tell it to, or doing something that I never told it to such as air dodging off the stage or teleporting the wrong way. Or just using the wrong move altogether). This is all Online stuff, and it's frustrating when I keep having to spend so much time getting my Zelda back into Elite Smash when I very clearly shouldn't have to do so...
halibabica
All right, another session of Touhou Fantasy down. We spent this one crawling across Youkai Mountain because the walk speed bug was unfixable for this sequence, but it wasn't so bad. We squashed a lot of bosses...like, a whole lot. Rinnosuke and Yukari gave me some problems until I discovered just how broken Suwako is. She stomped them almost by herself, and the next boss as well (even though it was apparently supposed to be really hard). I would gladly have employed Sawako's frog god powers for the rest of the game, but they vanished as conveniently as they appeared, and the game is balanced(?) again.

Now we gotta go places and find fragments and stuff. Whoo. At least I can fix my walk speed again!
halibabica
All right...been a minute since I had time to play. I got wrapped up in another project for a little while there. I went to to continue Touhou Fantasy today, but sadly, I wasn't able to get very far.

The trouble on Youkai Mountain is finally resolved, and now the group needs to find Youmu so they can rescue Cirno. However, although they said Youmu lives in Haku-something-somewhere...I have no idea where that actually is. I used the walk speed bug to quickly explore the world map, and I found no such location. I don't think anyone said where to go to find it, so...I'm totally stuck.

Also, for a while after the mountain stuff, it was endlessly raining, even indoors and on the world map. I had to enter/exit the forest to make it stop.
...Oh. Was there never any directions to where to go? There's a snow area you need to go to, which is your next goal. I guess I just...never put that in the dialogue like I thought I did. I had to do that for some other areas in the game because it was pretty unclear (like at the start of the game, for instance). @_@;
halibabica
The snow forest, then? Okay, I can go there next. Yeah, they say the name of the place, but that's not what the forest is called, and I wouldn't know that place is in there because I've never played Touhou before.
It's not even an actual place in Touhou, believe it or not. That's my OWN area for the game, since well...needed something in-between Hakugyokurou and the rest of the world back then. ^^;

But yeah, snow forest is next destination. And raining??? Why was it raining on the mountain afterwards?? There...there isn't even any rain events outside of Forest of Magic! That's...bizarre. .___.;