CRITICAL HIT! (PIXEL STORY REVIEWED! NOW PLAYING DOOR OF SHADOWS!)

author=halibabica
Shattered Hourglass is (almost) at its end. I've defeated Ice Age, and now having saved the world from time, water, fire, and ice...it seems there's just one dude left. But I don't know where to find the dude because Duran's like "Wlandia's northern island" and I'm like "the map loops and there are lots of islands WTF DURAN?!"
Hahahah, I guess... I should've been more specific. It's located inside of Qual's Village, on the right top side.

~Is it working?~ *prays*
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
After downloading the game for what has to be at least the fifth time, it worked when it previously did not. Go figure on that one.

I got to the final dude and got my final ending. It was the "true good" ending, but I can't say it felt like one. If I could sum it up in one word, it would be "Thanos."

Anyway, that's it, so it's finally time to review this.
~It's the final countdown.mp3~

Congratulations!

If only Qual were around... ;_;
halibabica
Well, I got it written, and took most of the screenshots I need, but...

...I forgot to draw the picture while I had the chance. Oopsy! Will definitely get it ready this weekend and finally start the next game (whoa).
Whew...making me thinking of updating my game again with some fixes that I've been meaning to do (been busy doing other things...and doing nothing at the same time). If you ever get to mine, proooobably going to be a few patches while you're playing if you encounter them, just a fair warning. ^^;
author=halibabica
Well, I got it written, and took most of the screenshots I need, but...

...I forgot to draw the picture while I had the chance. Oopsy! Will definitely get it ready this weekend and finally start the next game (whoa).

Yay! Your six months of a long journey has come to an end :')

I've played and reviewed your next game (a year ago)... and I gotta say that... It's full of surprises.
halibabica

And so it's finally done.

Good Game Gets +1 Bad Karma

Next time... IT IS ESCAPE.
only six games ahead of me in queue. maybe I'll see my game get reviewed some time before 2020! (only teasing)
halibabica
I just finished playing It Is Escape today, so I should be able to post its review before the weekend is out. It only took two weeks this time!
halibabica

About as good as most modern RE games.

Deck was too slow. Chain Game next time!
@Halibabica Thanks for playing/ reviewing my "game". I think you managed to capture the sinister nature of Tom Gums well in that drawing ha ha
halibabica
Is there any side of him that isn't sinister? I seriously wanted to kill that guy.
I guess he's a pretty effective villain. Although, really, he's just sort of doing terrible things around the game, while not being connected to anything. I never even considered giving the players the chance to end him. My thinking was that he's too much of a monster to actually get held to account for anything.
halibabica
from twentyfour24
My thinking was that he's too much of a monster to actually get held to account for anything.

That's part of what makes him such an effective villain! He's not just a vile person. He's untouchable because of his status. The worst kind of dudes are the ones you can't do anything about. Feels like there's a grain of truth in that.
author=halibabica
from twentyfour24
My thinking was that he's too much of a monster to actually get held to account for anything.
That's part of what makes him such an effective villain! He's not just a vile person. He's untouchable because of his status. The worst kind of dudes are the ones you can't do anything about. Feels like there's a grain of truth in that.

It also helps that he exists in a surreal nightmare world ha ha Unfortunately, it's often true. His characterisation is probably too deep for a game like this, but hey, somebody has to have some depth.
halibabica
Uh oh.

Why the heck ain't this thing stand-alone? How am I supposed to play this off a jump drive on my break at work without the RTP? I can't install it on the work laptop 'cuz you need admin permission for that.

You've ruined me, Deck.

EDIT: I have thwarted this minor impediment, but still tut tut you know better.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
back then people used to complain about file size and stuff. nobody has complained about this "minor impediment" before.
halibabica
No excuses! 10 points from Gryffindor.
halibabica
All right, I started the Chain Game for real today. It's been fun so far, though I did have a couple mishaps. Inside the sand temple, I found my way into the void:

(don't worry, I got back out the same way)

Then, in town, I found my way atop a wall I wasn't supposed to. I was going to assert my dominance and claim the town as my own, but then the builder showed me he could do it, too.

After an awkward stare, I thought better of my machinations and solved some shopkeeper problems.

My only gripe so far is that I'm already tired of holding Shift. I reiterate: TUT TUT YOU KNOW BETTER.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I mean, all I did was make the last two chapters lol (w/zeuzio) didn't want to suddenly change a bunch of stuff