FAVORITE CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN FINAL FANTASY GAMES

Pages: 1
StevieRayBones
I refuse to grind with monsters I've just met for money.
I read a theory that I thought was interesting. There is a character named Shinra in final fantasy 10-2. Based on the studying that he's conducted some believes he in a time prior to the event in final fantasy 7, travelled to the FF7 universe and became the ancestor to the Shinra family in FF7.

What are some theories that you've read or thought up?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
All I recall about that FF10-2 thing is one line spoken of by Shinra in FF10-2 regarding the Farplane, and it was generally alluding to Mako energy of FF7. I think I also recall reading something about how the Al Bhed ironically becoming the Cetra? Sorry, I don't recall too many details.

Not so much a conspiracy theory, but, I suppose the Ivalice of FFT and the Ivalice of FF12 could be the same place. Though, technically speaking, FFT is a truth the church had hidden for who-knows-how-many-years that has "just now" come to light.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I have heard that Squall from FF 8 is dead and that most of the game is a dream. The point of death occurs when Squall is hit by that ice spell through his chest.

I have heard that the FF 7 remake will have a DLC that lets Aeris live, but there's no in game stuff to confirm that. Just Square trying to make money.

Ohhhhhhh.... Spoilers... I guess?
StevieRayBones
I refuse to grind with monsters I've just met for money.
Maybe the remake could do some cool alternative stuff like that
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
This isn't so much a conspiracy theory because it's actually confirmed, but Gilgamesh is the only character to appear in multiple FF worlds. The Final Fantasy worlds are all in alternate realities. They've got their own versions of Shiva, Bahamut, and the like, but if you meet Gilgamesh, it's always the same Gilgamesh because he travels between dimensions.

EDIT: Geez, can you imagine in the 1990s: "Is there a way to save Aeris?" "Yes! Simply purchase the Happily Ever After DLC Expansion!"
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Having Aerith until the end of the game: Instant Easy-Mode. Talk about pay to win. Puh.

My favourite conspiracy is the Squall is Dead one, as well.
Another one that has a lot of traction but Square-Enix officially squashed (like dummies): Rinoa is Ultimecia.
Ultimecia's GF is Griever. The ring that has so much importance to Squall.
ultimecia is from the far future, where presumably her witch's long lifespan outlives Squall. Who either becomes her GF, or dies? I forget the details. Basically, Rinoa is grief-stricken by the loss of Squall and wants to end it all. Gives Ultimecia SOME semblance of a motivation. Her character basically sucks ass and comes out of left field otherwise. It should be the official story, imo.
Though, Squall is Dead is really just so good. I wish it was real. Square-Enix doesn't have the balls. FFX kinda did it, but it was a timid approach comparatively. Especially with the FFX-2 recon.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think one of my least favorites is that The Creator, the final boss in FF4: The After Years, actually created the worlds of all other Final Fantasy games, and then destroyed them after the games were over, killing everyone on each planet because all of those worlds were failures and only the FF4 world is good enough. It actually states outright that it's been doing this to various worlds, and then hints that those worlds are those of the other Final Fantasy games by showing the data that The Creator has collected, which includes Chaos, Exdeath, Kefka, Sephiroth, etc.

I mean, After Years is pretty god-awful on its own, but retconning every other Final Fantasy game out of existance takes the cake.

author=Marrend
Not so much a conspiracy theory, but, I suppose the Ivalice of FFT and the Ivalice of FF12 could be the same place. Though, technically speaking, FFT is a truth the church had hidden for who-knows-how-many-years that has "just now" come to light.
All of the Ivalice games are definitely set in the same world. There's an official timeline, of which FFT is the last game (most demihuman races having died out centuries ago by that point). I mean it doesn't make perfect sense, but it makes a lot more sense than the official Zelda timeline. Balthier and Luso even appear in the later versions of FFT, appearing via time travel.

author=Pianotm
This isn't so much a conspiracy theory because it's actually confirmed, but Gilgamesh is the only character to appear in multiple FF worlds.
Unless you count Cloud's appearance in FFT where he gets transported in from another dimension. Or Ultros's appearance in FF13-2 where he gets transported in from another dimension. Or Ayame's appearance in FF14 where where she gets transported in from another dimension. Or the dozens of crossover games in which the characters meet and travel to each-others' worlds like Record Keeper, and Brave Exvius, and Dissidia, and World of Final Fantasy, and Pictologica, and Kingdom Hearts.

I mean you're not wrong about Gilgamesh, but he's certainly not the only one.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I remember initially thinking that Rinoa was indeed Ultimecia, but I think there's some evidence to show that it's not the case.

For one, I think she mentions she makes a GF out of the memories squall has. Also, sorceresses don't have long life spans?

In any event, the nice thing about the theory is that it makes the game better, even if Square says it's not true, so as a fanbase we can easily just ignore them and enjoy a much better product this way.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Aerith kills Sephiroth
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Sooz
Aerith kills Sephiroth

And at the end, SHE'S the one-winged angel.
Pages: 1