[MAFIA] PURGATORY: A MAFIA GAME

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i think we should kill me so i become confirmed town

alternately i think nobody but me should ever vote

I mean this sounds good to me! Confirmed cave is pretty much nothing but good to town.

#Lynch Cave

author=Jeroen_Sol
Then I don't understand your comment.

I don't understand what you don't understand
author=Cap_H
It's almost like Gourd wants to get lynched again.

uhh, explain yourself

@LockeZ I'd probably choose cap. He confuses me pretty often and then most people ignore him anyway even when he's saying something important. Plus, he's a pretty big bandwagoner.

I really like the way that psy is playing so far because it's helpful to think about how we should playing the game. It gives me town vibes!

I feel the same with Jeroen who's really making an effort to examine people's posts (even if I don't find his opinions particularly enlightening). I think he's arguing that we shouldn't lynch cave right now because town wouldn't offer to be lynched but ehhh considering cave as a player I could see him offering to die day 1 and be confirmed but "changing his mind" later when he "finds someone more suspicious". I think offering to be lynched right now is a nulltell for cave.
sorry, *because scum wouldn't offer to be lynched
author=Gourd_Clae
sorry, *because scum wouldn't offer to be lynched

1) that's not really true because they could do it thinking it would be unlikely to happen and therefore give them town cred, and 2) if you think this confirms that cave is town... why are you voting to kill him? Confirming cave by killing him is /definitely/ bad for town by moving one night closer to lylo. If you think he's actually scum, fine, vote to kill him, but I just don't understand this line of thinking.

author=aneko
Well cave seems more than happy to be lynched even if it feeds his ego lol
#lynch cave

Please explain why you're making this vote.
No, I was arguing against jeroen who believed that scum wouldn't offer to be lynched. (or that's what I think he was saying. It's possible that's not what he meant) The rest of what I was saying is in the post above that.
I have a null read on cave, currently, to clear that up.
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=demonlord5000
I don't see how voting purely to make someone a ghost makes much sense if it leaves us with no evidence on day 2. I do find the idea that cave suggested such an idea suspicious though. I could see scum cave coming up with that idea, because it is crazy enough to suit his style, and because it actually makes little sense to do so rather than vote on who we think is actually scum...

For that reason, I think it does make sense to lynch cave. I don't like lockez reasoning, but I'll put my vote down and see how things play out for now.

#lynch cavedog
I don't like this post.

author=Jeroen_Sol
The way I see it, dead players are more valuable than live ones, since they can still post but are confirmed. So I don't really care who we kill right now. Maybe Cave, since confirmed Cave would be a very valuable asset for town, and dead scum Cave even moreso. So far, nothing's jumped out to me as scummy yet.

For one, I was the one who came up with the idea, not Cave himself.
Secondly, scum doesn't want to get lynched, as it doesn't give them any information. Normally town should also not want to get lynched, (I say should because we saw that go horribly wrong last game) but that matters less in this game. Scum offering to kill themselves makes little sense to me in this context. Last game I thought Muffle did it as a last ditch pity ploy, but Cave has no heat on him, so that's not possible here.

And this is the post Jeroen made that I was arguing against
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=psy_wombats
Confirming cave by killing him is /definitely/ bad for town by moving one night closer to lylo.

not really. with this setup, i am going to have to be treated as something like a miller and killed before lylo anyway. with this gimmick, i guarantee you that the argument that i must be killed by virtue of being too unreadable will crop up, if it hasn't already.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
that aneko vote is bad, but, I am against killing newbies in their first game.

NORMALLY at least. if there was any game where that would be ok, it would be this one.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm still waiting on the answer of why lockez asked that question

demonlord looks best for scum due to his weird narrative for scum me
idk demon seems like he's making the same argument as everyone else in favor of lynching cave expect he's tripping over himself a few times getting to his conclusion. He looks like he's just saying:

In this setup, Town would not generally offer to die day 1, but for cave I feel that he may offer to die day 1 regardless of his alignment. Since I don't know cave's alignment, and don't want people to waste time on lynching/doubting him if he's arguing from a place of innocence, we should lynch him now.
cave, do you think you would ever be nightkilled in this setup?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
not to give scum ideas, but, no, i don't.

i guess i should have considered that they might play totally irrationally but w/e
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Gourd_Clae
idk demon seems like he's making the same argument as everyone else in favor of lynching cave expect he's tripping over himself a few times getting to his conclusion. He looks like he's just saying:

In this setup, Town would not generally offer to die day 1, but for cave I feel that he may offer to die day 1 regardless of his alignment. Since I don't know cave's alignment, and don't want people to waste time on lynching/doubting him if he's arguing from a place of innocence, we should lynch him now.

no, he is specifically making a scumcall for me. I feel like he's overextended himself, because, while it is valid and makes sense to kill me in this setup, he is trying to form a narrative that I am scum

Cave does antics in every game he plays from what I've seen, regardless of alignment. He's a risk taker, and it seems like the kind of risk he would take as scum.

based on ????

it feels like someone who's feeling self-conscious about just getting on the confirmed town cave train.
I don't know why, and I apologize for not posting. But I vote #Lynch Gourd
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=HuniBear
But I vote #Lynch Gourd

why him
author=demonlord5000
Cave does antics in every game he plays from what I've seen, regardless of alignment. He's a risk taker, and it seems like the kind of risk he would take as scum.

ah, nevermind me sticking up for demon - I thought he had been laying out narratives for if cave was town AND if cave was scum and then he ended it with the phrase "regardless of alignment".

I looked back and he only made a narrative for cave being scum, on the basis that cave was acting like a townie. Gotcha, that argument actually does read as scummy.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
why him

Because Gourd is Xoe?

Also, this is HuniBear's very first time playing actual Mafia. So keep this in mind.
author=Muffle
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
why him
Because Gourd is Xoe?

Also, this is HuniBear's very first time playing actual Mafia. So keep this in mind.

That's fine! it's a good time for huni to learn now that it's a good idea to give a reason when you put down a lynch vote. even if it's just a joke, but I wouldn't expect that reason to go well at any time other than early day 1
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
#lynch demonlord MSUC
I don't want my joke vote to count so #Cancel

Can I be reminded why everyone is going against Cave, just because of their past playstyle? It's kind of an asshole move. Just because we can still talk to dead members of the game doesn't mean we should use it as an advantage to lynch off people you're not sure about or have a past with former games, because if they're town they'll still be able to participate and it's like we lost nothing. It's downright annoying and unsportsmanship and I'm kind of frustrated already with this line of thinking you guys seem to have,