[MAFIA] PURGATORY: A MAFIA GAME

@hunibear: ditto Cave's question, show your work

@cave: I'd think it'd still be very likely for you to be nightkilled. They will always be targeting the "most townish player," something you could easily achieve by successfully scumhunting someone. That you say you could never see yourself getting nk'd makes me think you know right now that 1) you will never be nk'd and 2) you will never scumhunt, which for some reason makes me want to kill you a whole lot more now.

@demon: Actually yeah can you clarify -- you do think Cave is actually scum, right?
Yeah, just cancel my vote, I don't really have a real reason to lynch Gourd. I just did it because...Well, why not? No offense of course! I meant it as like haha ima just do this because I have no idea what I'm doing.

#Cancel Vote
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
if you don't know why i won't get nk'd, well, all the better.

Not sure where point 2) is coming from since i am doing that right now. can you explain your logic
Watch your wording Huni, that might come off as scummy.
@muffle: Supposedly Cave wanted people to kill him so that he could prove he was town, and then when he was dead we would be able to trust him and follow his lead.

I'm starting to think it was mostly a D1 ploy to explain why he'll never get nk'd.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
how does that make any sense at all
@cave: Point 2 I mean if you were scum, you know that wouldn't be successfully scumhunting this game (save bussing) and would never end up in a position of "most townish player."
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
it would be a good explanation for why i am never nightkilled, if I died day 1, it's true.
Oh. That's the main reason why. Okay xD

But still, people were talking about it even before Cave suggested killing him off.

There's not much I can say on day one, so I'm going to sit back and watch a bit more to see if I can read between any scum lines.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
@cave: Point 2 I mean if you were scum, you know that wouldn't be successfully scumhunting this game (save bussing) and would never end up in a position of "most townish player."

i think this post reveals that psy has no idea what the scum MO for this game would be
author=Muffle
I don't want my joke vote to count so #Cancel

Can I be reminded why everyone is going against Cave, just because of their past playstyle? It's kind of an asshole move. Just because we can still talk to dead members of the game doesn't mean we should use it as an advantage to lynch off people you're not sure about or have a past with former games, because if they're town they'll still be able to participate and it's like we lost nothing. It's downright annoying and unsportsmanship and I'm kind of frustrated already with this line of thinking you guys seem to have,

@muffle This seems like an overreaction? confirming someone as town is a net good for town even if we do get a little close to losing the game in terms of body count.

Can you specify what you mean by being unsportsmanlike? I think I can understand the meta-gaming to be frustrating if you're super new but idk that it deserves an ignoring of the advantage town gets. Like, I don't see a significant difference between "in past games I can't read cave so we should confirm him now" and "in this game I can't read cave so we should confirm him now" because I have seen both reasons crop up already.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm not sure how its unsportsmanlike either. its kind of just like, using the advantages given to town to their full advantage.
In the world where cave is scum-cave, you do something incredibly suspicious on D1, walk it back, and you're under suspicion the entire game so it's no wonder when you're not nk'd later on, even as a strong player. My assumption is that scum will kill off whoever looks the most town-confirmed as they can't kill anyone just to shut them up, the idea being to maximize the number of daykill targets.
Cave actually wants to be killed day 1, and that's why I'm suspicious. I don't want people voting cave just to turn him into a ghost though, and would prefer they vote on who is actual scum as I outlined in my earlier post.

In hindsight it might have been been best to say: he looks scummy because hes trying to die day 1, and cave also tends to be unpredictable. I was worried it was a ploy, and I didn't want people voting just to turn him into a ghost without any actual scum hunting cause that leaves us nowhere day 2.

Anyways yeah, I voted because I felt it was scummy, and and we might get something from it as the votes got closer.
I didn't say anything like it was a bad idea, Gourd. It just seems kind of like an asshole move to randomly lynch people in hopes of figuring something out, and not being as worried because said person will still be around even after death. Does it make sense what I'm saying? Yea, we never have any leads on the first day but we'd still try and point out the strangest poster on the forum and then we'd try to prevent the same thing happening the next day. I don't know how forum games usually go as this is only my second one, but randomly lynching somebody because we won't have to worry if they're town because they'll still be around as a ghost to help is what it seems like is going on.

author=Gourd_Clae
Like, I don't see a significant difference between "in past games I can't read cave so we should confirm him now" and "in this game I can't read cave so we should confirm him now" because I have seen both reasons crop up already.

That would be fine determining that this wasn't the first day... we have literally no suspects on anybody yet. And by the sound of this, you're saying that you can read Cave on the first day?
author=demonlord5000
Cave actually wants to be killed day 1, and that's why I'm suspicious. I don't want people voting cave just to turn him into a ghost though, and would prefer they vote on who is actual scum as I outlined in my earlier post.

This! This is what I was saying. I think I was just having trouble wording it.
I mean, I could also see scum killing people who show up at EOD and vote effectively, but that would /still/ make cave nk material.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
so we just have to get to the part where i make an incredibly suspicious play then.

there's two different reasons I'm not likely to get NK'D, and I probably shouldn't explain either until it's either clear that I'm definitely not going to get murdered, or I am murdered.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=demonlord5000

In hindsight it might have been been best to say: he looks scummy because hes trying to die day 1, and cave also tends to be unpredictable. I was worried it was a ploy, and I didn't want people voting just to turn him into a ghost without any actual scum hunting cause that leaves us nowhere day 2.

Anyways yeah, I voted because I felt it was scummy, and and we might get something from it as the votes got closer.

Why is it scummy?
I understand people voting because he even voted himself, I was just annoyed at the thought of people lynching him just because he'd be a useful ghost, assuming Cave is town.