[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

@Gourd: re: your list, it definitely makes sense to have nil-reads, that's another mark in the "d1 readlists are useless" column. But you really have no opinion on Ozzy though? Your only argument against demonlord is the mordred assumption thing, which ozzy did as well, plus this scared-merlin stuff.

Just to be clear, I don't think "assuming Mordred exists" on its own is really a scummy thing.
Oh, I had skimmed over the ozzy stuff. O.o Let me read it again and I'll see if there's anything worth commenting on!
Before re-reading, I think part of what he's done is assume mordred exists? If that's it then no I don't think it's that note-worthy. If it was that he *kept insisting on it* then that is a little strange and as good as reason as any to lynch on day 1 (but I still don't find it that damming)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I'm okay with lynching demonlord and I might not be here when the day ends if I'm doing the math correctly.

#lynch demonlord

He's someone I've suspected since the beginning because I just have a strong feeling there is a scum in the first group.
Alright, I'm a little confused about IF's sudden swap of opinion. I understand most peoples reasons, but I'm really confused here.

First, he's townread me all game. Why does he suddenly now suspect me after multiple people are aiming to lynch me?

Secondly, I'm one of the people who has pretty much stated that teams will succeed most of the time, and that teams weren't a true indicator on who is scum.

Even lockez has stated that this will probably be the case unless we send in two unknowns. That strategy also works for me, since I never did comment on that.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Why in the world do you have "a strong feeling that there is a scum in the first group"? Isn't it literally just three random people that PlatinumAshes picked by rolling dice? We don't even know what the results of the mission are yet. Am I missing something here?
author=psy_wombats
But Ozzy's thinking about it from the other direction, that Merlin will be scumhunting captain, which is about the last thing I see happening, and it only makes sense to think that way if you're paranoid scum panicking because someone out there that has your ID. Merlin is not a threat to scum -- it's the other way around.

This looks like the best case against ozzy. I can see where you'e coming from, but ozzy came in later to clarify that he *didn't* think Merlin was biggest threat to scum. My biggest issue is I'm not sure which post of Ozzy's you're referring to when you said that he thought Merlin would be hunting scum? I only ever see him say things to the affect of: if merlin knows more, that is good for town which... is true? Especially with the clarification that he meant further into the game. I could have missed it though?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
LockeZ
Why in the world do you have "a strong feeling that there is a scum in the first group"? Isn't it literally just three random people that PlatinumAshes picked by rolling dice? We don't even know what the results of the mission are yet. Am I missing something here?

No, InfectionFiles picked the team. I agree. This came out of nowhere. Seriously,

#cancel
#Lynch InfectionFiles

What's up?
To be clear, I am okay with lynching ozzy. He's done other things that were weird, like wibble wobbling on some of his reads, and being pretty insistent there is a mordred. But, I think the case on demon is somewhat better because demon said it *first*.
author=InfectionFiles
Demon: Definitely leaning more town, hasn't given any weird vibes since the beginning and that was only because he was connected to psy and piano and the three of them trying to figure out RNG.

Oh, yuck, IF did say he leaned town with demon. What's up with that?
That weird turn over. o-o Will IF be back in time to explain himself? Maybe he was going for the largest pool of votes so the end day wasn't a no lynch -- but then why did he say he suspected him the whole time??...
@Gourd: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24576/?post=881597#post881597 - my thought was that he thought of Merlin as scumhunting role rather than a hide-from-assassins-in-a-hole-somewhere role. Which I thought lined up pretty well with a scared scum mindset worrying about Merlin finding them vs getting found, but I guess I'm the only person who thinks this.

@LockeZ: IF picked the team. Which is why I thought it was off that the team didn't include himself.

#cancel
#lynch InfectionFiles
working theory: IF put together me/demonlord/piano group knowing demonlord could scuttle it, but now that demon's in trouble they've decided it's time to bus.

I could also see killing demon now, obviously. If anyone thinks Ozzy is a better case than this I'm still game for that too.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Muffle
That weird turn over. o-o Will IF be back in time to explain himself? Maybe he was going for the largest pool of votes so the end day wasn't a no lynch -- but then why did he say he suspected him the whole time??...

That is the 64,000 dollar question and one I'd really like an answer to.
The weirdest thing about all this...I'm pretty sure there is still like 16 hours left? That's a rough guess as I'm not sure of the exact amount.

Also let's say if is scum, it'd be really dumb of him to form an attachment to me if I was on his team. I really really dislike that complete change of opinion so...

#lynch Infectionfiles
@psy It doesn't look like Ozzy was trying to say that tbh
@demon Yeah I feel the same, I'm just waiting for what he says. I hope he gets some time to defend himself, because he's read town to me until this point. The "I suspected him the whole time" line sounds purposefully deceptive tho so I dunno if there's even anything he could say >.<
InfectionFiles
Oh, shit! That came off really bad.

author=LockeZ
Also demonlord was the one going on about cancelling the game for no reason, which doesn't seem like deliberate mind games, it just seems like him being a thoughtless asshole. But if it was deliberate mind games, then the goal was probably to make everyone else pay less attention and post less. Which is beneficial for scum. It's much harder to find scum when nobody is talking.

Also something about the way he was writing in some of his posts just rubbed me the wrong way and I can't explain why. So at this point I want to #lynch demonlord5000.
This is pretty much how I felt at the start. As I just had a feeling that one of the three first posting active players that all discussed ways to use RNG to figure out teams even though Kylaila, Ayita and myself said we would go. I was waiting for a proposal and more people to join the game to see if they had any other opinions. But nothing really happened so I suggested that the three people who were figuring out the team stuff just to get things moving. I at first understood that the teams and mission was a way to scum hunt. I'm vanilla town, if that isn't clear.

author=LockeZ

Because just to be clear, PA didn't pick them. I did, as stated above.

Between Ky and
author=pianotm
demonlord5000
I don't know platinum as well as you all, but that looks suspiciously like throwing the game to me. Fake claiming day 1 does absolutely nothing, and to go as far as lynch self, and that weird rng weirdness when we were talking about not doing that and going with something simple...

In this game, the only time a self lynch would help anyone is the assassin, but scum would have no leads day 1....

I'm very very suspicious that this is game throwing.

This is the immediate post after PA's fakeclaim. Far from freaking out, demonlord is immediately calling it out. His next post is no more concerned. I suppose in the right tone, it could be considered town freaking out about autolosing the game in the first five minutes, but his declaration of the game being dead doesn't come until the next page, when he's had time to think about it.

demonlord5000
Well that's true, though I would think jeroen is experienced enough to avoid that situation. The whole team gimmick is sort of silly without a guaranteed mordred too, so I would assume he put one in even though he only listed it as a possibility.

Also, this goes more towards LockeZ's point. He's the first to insist that Mordred has to be in the game.
I was thinking about if someone is oberon and wants to lead people to believe there HAS to be a Mordred.

As for my list, I didn't have a lot for everyone but I mostly went with town reads to just throw anyone off. But I've said from the beginning that I didn't trust psy, piano or demon. I simply feel there's a good chance one of them is scum from their activity in the game and "being helpful" while maybe not. Such as making up methods of how to choose team members when people are volunteering.

I really realize that my lynch vote comes off scummy as hell but I didn't want to miss it. I'll #cancel if it helps. But know that I am town and if ya'll do decide to lynch me and figure that out, then just keep an eye on psy, piano and demon. Hopefully my hunch will be correct!
InfectionFiles
author=demonlord5000
Alright, I'm a little confused about IF's sudden swap of opinion. I understand most peoples reasons, but I'm really confused here.

First, he's townread me all game. Why does he suddenly now suspect me after multiple people are aiming to lynch me?

Secondly, I'm one of the people who has pretty much stated that teams will succeed most of the time, and that teams weren't a true indicator on who is scum.

Even lockez has stated that this will probably be the case unless we send in two unknowns. That strategy also works for me, since I never did comment on that.
Just for an example, he says I've town read him all game and you can go back and see that I've been pretty leaning towards demon, psy and piano the whole time. This is something that psy seems to be forgetting too.

It's also good to keep in mind some people are heavily focusing on the beginning where most of us didn't understand the rules.
InfectionFiles
As for the me picking teams but not picking myself. First, I didn't know I could propose myself to be in a team I was forming. Second, any one could have denied and gave better reasoning or other options. I would've been all ears. But everybody seemed pretty cool with it and we all wanted to get things moving. So, why is that being held against me, exactly?
It wasn't until way later did anyone start saying that missions full of this or that would be good or useless. I couldn't see the future on that one!
InfectionFiles
So, I'll wrap this up and try to respond later if anyone has further questions. But ultimately I made a rushed and quick lynch without thinking how it would look.