[POLL] PICK YOUR POISON (RMN BIRTHDAY PRE-VOTE)

Poll

Which event interests you the most? - Results

Shitty Abrupt Ending Event
35%
Badaption 2
13%
Badaption 2: Future Fury
7%
The Terrible Three
1%
Epic Rap Battles of RMN
9%
3+3+3+3
13%
The Twelfth Hour
18%
Other...
1%

Pages: first 12 next last
RMN Birthday is just around the corner and usually it's a time for silly events to be had.

This is the twelfth year (12 years!) and so we've a few things we could do with that, but over the course of the last year we've collected a bunch of ideas from you guys (and among ourselves) and now have a list for you to vote from!

Keep in mind that you'll have a week at most for this event, so shorter is better and quality is questionable.

Shitty Abrupt Ending Event - It is what it says on the tin - make a game with a shitty, abrupt ending.

Badaption 2 - A straight-up sequel to the original Badaption. Take a movie, tv show or book and make a bad adaption based around it.

Badaption 2: Future Fury - A little different but still similar to the original. Instead of taking any movie, tv show or book, take a trailer of a movie/tv show/etc that has yet to be released and make a game about how it might go.

The Terrible Three - A trilogy of shit. Three games that are linked to each other but separate beasts despite that.

Epic Rap Battles of RMN - Take a song, any song, and use it as the plot/inspiration for your game.

3+3+3+3 - 3 hours to make it in, 3 characters in the game, 3 maps to use, 3 battles to fight. Can you complete the challenge over 4 days?

The Twelfth Hour - A week to create a game made in 12 hours total. It's simple but hey, 12th birthday.

Other - If you have an idea, post it down. It might not make it into this year, but we might use it elsetime!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Shitty Abrupt Ending Event- It is what it says on the tin - make a game with a shitty, abrupt ending.

In other words, most normal event games (XD). I'm fine with either Badaptation option, to be fair, but I couldn't vote both.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Could we use trailers for a released thing for Future Fury?
No, the idea is you make up what it might be. You're predicting how the story might end up after it's released.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Considering my desire to make a JRPG adaptation of at least two different animated films, Badaptation has my vote pretty darn hard. :o
Give me da music!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

The problem with badaption and choosing game of thrones = my game will be better than the series.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Man Badaptation sounds great but Badaptation Future Fury is something I've straight up always wanted to do. Are we allowed to make a franchise that's getting a movie? I'd love to do a "this is what I imagine that this entire franchise that I haven't actually watched is like" thing (which could be a good option for "other," actually)
No matter what happens I will make Tragic Childhood 2 and it will win the imaginary contest.
i'm not sure if i can enjoy playing shitty games so i think it's better to do 3+3+3 one instead. i was deciding between the 3+3+3 and the twelfth hour, but in the end i decided to vote for the 3+3+3 one since it has shorter time to finish. (or perhaps make it 4+4+4 instead since it's.. 12th birthday?)
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Liberty
No, the idea is you make up what it might be. You're predicting how the story might end up after it's released.

What if you made a story based on the trailer but no knowledge of the thing

ETA:
author=aquatorrent
i'm not sure if i can enjoy playing shitty games so i think it's better to do 3+3+3 one instead. i was deciding between the 3+3+3 and the twelfth hour, but in the end i decided to vote for the 3+3+3 one since it has shorter time to finish. (or perhaps make it 4+4+4 instead since it's.. 12th birthday?)

You don't want to play shitty games... so you go for the option that guarantees shitty games
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I kinda like the idea behind "3+3+3+3". It might even be slightly better than "3+3+3"?
I was between Shitty Abrupt Ending Event and the Twelfth Hour. I can do what I want with either one so I picked the one I preferred. I won't say which though :P I also like 3+3+3+3 but I couldn't do what I wanted with that plus I preferred the other one anyways. Am I being biased on my pick and picking something I can do what I want with? Yes.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I like how the Abrupt Ending idea encourages both a small scope (which is good for a short event game) and potential clever weirdness story-wise. I don't exactly see why games made with that concept in mind would have to be bad, honestly.

I'm voting for this option, but I'd suggest also cutting out the "Shitty" bit, in favour of letting the dev themselves decide how to handle the challenge of an abrupt ending. It'd be way more fun seeing how people turn that into something actually good, rather than going the obvious route and just pre-emptively declaring it crap.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
I'm not really a fan of really dumb events per se, so I would prefer the Twelfth Hour one so that I can at least make a dumb game without too many limitations and in a very small period of time.
if we do Shitty Abrupt Ending Event, my meta-submission will be to abruptly shut down RMN on its 12th birthday
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Badaptation 2 sounds like fun. Then if it happens in the movie we can be all like "see, I told you!" or "wow, if it actually happened in the movie it must be shit"
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=aquatorrent

but birthday events are all about making shitty games. We have events all around the year for more quality products, the birthday event is to let off steam and make something just for the fun of it with no regard for quality
author=Frogge
author=aquatorrent
but birthday events are all about making shitty games. We have events all around the year for more quality products, the birthday event is to let off steam and make something just for the fun of it with no regard for quality

If I have to make an actual Game Page for my game in order to submit it, my personal rule is it HAS to be at least somewhat good. I mean, it'll be part of my public record, right? XD
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Frogge, it's your choice to make a shitty game, deliberately, if you want. Don't put that on the rest of us.
Pages: first 12 next last