RMN'S FAVOURITE VIDEO GAME TRACKS OF ALL TIME

Pages: first prev 12 last
author=J-Man
7. Greek Temple - Secret of Evermore <- Nice theme to relax to when going through a dungeon.

TIL Jeremy Soule of Elder Scrolls fame composed the soundtrack for Secret of Evermore. Plus it was his first major gig in the industry.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
UPRC, you have FFVII Cloud's Theme and Main Theme listed separately. They're the same piece.

1. Main Theme (The Elder Scroll, from III to V, all are good)
2. Main Theme (Fallout 4, specifically. The prior game main theme sucks even though they're sharing the same melody identity)
3. Arctic Battle 3 (Starbound)
4. Map 3-4 Boss Battle (Azur Lane)
5. Silent Flower (Space Ranger 2)
6. Enough is enough (Fallout 4)
7. Metal Gleamed in The Twilight (Child of Light)
8. Yggdrasil Theme (Granblue Fantasy)
9. Go Down (Unreal Tournament 1999) - Redux version (UT 2004) - UT3 Version (Technically they're all the same song, different remix)
10. Battle (Battle for Wesnoth) - Yes, the filename literally named as "Battle.ogg"
Happy to see Ico popping up!
Cramming all into OSTs I know into a list.. uh... nah.
Just need to add some, where's the SMT love at? (the town battle theme is glorious too) Well. Oh, there was some Persona in there. Neato.
Also, ofc, Ar Tonelico.
Also shout-out to Mushroom Men.
Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Nier/Drakensaga have cool stuff too. And I need to stop now hahahaha. Oh yes, Tristram is good. Good ol' Tristram theme (not the d3 one.)
Alright so obviously this is impossible. But I'll just do ten random great ones (without having seen what others have picked so far):

10. Office (from Frozen Cortex)
9. Microprose Soccer Theme
8. That's Death (from Discworld 2)
7. Max Payne 2 Theme
6. Icarus (from Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
5. Still Alive (from Portal)
4. Build That Wall (from Bastion)
3. Where Are You (from Thomas Was Alone)
2. Deionarra's Theme (from Planescape Torment)
1. The Secret of Monkey Island Theme

Now let's see what I missed that others picked as the bestest.
author=Shinan

I have realized I have missed SO MANY
author=kentona
author=Shinan

It's an impossible quest. Missing some is better than deep-frying your brain. : D
author=kentona
author=Shinan

There are some awesome ones that I love which I totally forgot for my 10 picks, like Moonlit Wilderness from Tekken 5, but it's all good. It really is hard to pick your ten absolute favourites, for sure.
In no particular order -
Chrono's theme, whatever it's called
Frog's Theme
Bloody Tears
Simon's Theme from Castlevania 4
Metal Gear Solid Theme - the one from evolution skateboarding/MGS2 Substance where it's on guitar
The Elder Scrolls theme (Morrowind version)
See You Later from Steambot Chronicles (don't judge me)
Duke Nukem 3D theme
FF7 Boss Theme
My favorite of all time...

Cosmo Canyon.

This is easy. B)

1: Shanghai Power Slam
Ai Cho Aniki - 1995

2: Phendrana Drifts
Metroid Prime - 2002

3: The Synapes
Dues Ex - 2000

4: Stickerbrush Symphony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - 1995

5: Calling the Four Giants
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask - 2000

6: One-Eighty-One
Space Funeral - 2010

7: Aniki Strike Malignant Festival
Ai Cho Aniki - 1995

8: Heat of Tomyan
Ai Cho Aniki - 1995

9: Malignant Festival 2ND IMPRESSION
Ai Cho Aniki - 1995

10: A·NI·KI
Ai Cho Aniki - 1995

author=UPRC
author=kentona
author=Shinan
There are some awesome ones that I love which I totally forgot for my 10 picks, like Moonlit Wilderness from Tekken 5, but it's all good. It really is hard to pick your ten absolute favourites, for sure.

Yeah shortly afterwards I remembered Little Trinketry which should probably be #2 or something like that.

Also I think a less diverse list would probably be game songs with lyrics. Because I feel like there's been a bunch of actual songs in games more recently (and some old classics as well) and they are usually only a couple per game instead of the hundreds of favourite instrumental tracks.

(basically a reason to include stuff like Still Alive from Mirror's Edge, Late Goodbye from Max Payne 2, A Pirate I Was Meant to Be from The Curse of Monkey Island, Exile Vilify from Portal 2, Awesomenauts Theme Song, Chop Chop Master Onion's Rap from Parappa the Rapper or War Has Never Been So Much Fun from Cannon Fodder :))
Should narrow it down to top ten tracks on each console, imo.
Most games come out on all the things though.

But I guess it makes sense in the way the music was different depending on the sound chip back in the days. (The Secret of Monkey Island theme sounds very different on different chips!)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Been eyeing this thread for a while, happy to finally contribute!

In no particular order:

1. Different Road - Seiken Densetsu 3: Anyone who follows me on Twitter will know I've been campaigning long and hard for someone to rap over this. One of the best beats ever made, period.

2. Challenge - Final Fantasy X: "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

3. Objection 2001 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: OBJECTION!

4. The Man with the Machine Gun - Final Fantasy VIII: No comment necessary

5. Offense and Defense - Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars: Pretty much my favourite ever game, and the soundtrack definitely helped. This is what made me branch out from rock music to other genres.

6. New World Order - Danganronpa: Major Danganronpa spoiler below:
Mukuro Ikusaba...The sixteenth student, lying hidden somewhere in this school...the one they call the Ultimate Despair....Watch out for her.

7. Jazzy NYC '99 - Street Fighter III: Third Strike: LET'S GO JUSTIN!

8. Rivers in the Desert - Persona 5: A RIIIVER IN A DRYYYY LAAAAAAND. Probs my favourite RPG boss battle theme ever.

9. Ogre - Tekken Tag Tournament: Had to include at least one Tekken track, this one's probably my fave.

10. Galactica - Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars: No one said I couldn't include the same game twice...

I had a bunch of honourable mentions but they got deleted somehow ;______;
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Even more shout-outs, because... yeeeeaaaaah.

Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana - "Fun Shopping in Kabokku"
Breath of Fire 2 - "Please God"
Breath of Fire 2 - "A Long Time Ago"
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter - "Going With a Smile"
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - "Agharta"
Chrono Cross - "Dream of the Shore Near Another World"
Darksiders 2 - "The Makers"
Dust An Elysian Tail - "Cirromon Caverns"
Final Fantasy 15 - "Crystalline Chill"
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams - "Hideout 1"
Suikoden 2 - "If You Listen Carefully"
Terranigma - "Crysta"
Threads of Fate - "Village"
Valkyria Chronicles - "Chronicles of the Gallian War"
White Knight Chronicles - "Greede, City of Freedom"
Wild Arms 3 - "A Person's Warmth"
Xenosaga Episode 3 - "Fifth Jerusalem"
Honestly not seeing a whole lot of overlap here, I was thinking OSTs might allow for more interesting ranking. Granted it's a low sample count and then again I can think of highly rated songs that would not necessarily end up as part of the best OSTs. Not really a suggestion but something to ponder about.
Pages: first prev 12 last