[MAFIA] PRISONER'S DILEMMA. GAME OVER

The issue with the post counts was part of our plan to combat the absolutely insane influx of spambots way back when helaz was still determined to get on the site (how strange that since he's stopped, the waves have also stopped. Almost like... but naaaaaah). Anyway, they're a protective feature and afaik can't be taken down for just one person. That said, I think they're based on time signed up and not post amount (I'm waiting to hear back from anky about it) so if we're lucky kitten might have joined up long enough to the site that it won't be an issue for much longer, but we'll have to see.

It might just mean that they'll have to plan their posts carefully or send in posts via cave for a little while. I'm gonna talk to anky about it tho.

That aside, there's always someone pushing for people to do something reckless, though granted, not usually as blatant as PA did. It's one of those reads that are hard to decipher since it's very much a case of "is he being serious, he can't be serious right, but what if he is being serious, maybe he's being serious, but he can't be... right???"

It's worth watching in future to see how he posts but it's not worth a lynch vote just yet.

@ivory - pretty sure tale was saying that to prove or disprove town as hated we should almost lynch with him using the last (and thus, most controlled) lynch option before death so that he can mislynch right away. It's a dumb idea not only because it confirms/disconfirms for scum the powers we may or may not have, but also because someone could swoop down with expert timing and throw a lynch vote just after his and do the old "Oh, I didn't realise he'd voted for himself! I didn't see..." tactic.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Finally back from vacation. I'm gonna read up on all this, and hopefully I'll maybe be useful for once? I might end up sleeping after this post, but I'm not sure yet (It's super late for me).
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
PROXY MESSAGE FROM THE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO POST KITTENFOOD

"i don't have a read on anyone because i don't know them. but i think shinan's vote is weird because it was left there for other people to bandwagon off of. unless it was a joke between friends i'm not getting i guess."
With Shinan lynch psy_wombats after introduction? Lynch without context is questionable though it's only day 1.
I understand that players have to get things going then there's slight risk of info leak based on choices made.
I guess previous mafia games, there's a #NoLynch restriction that prevent Liberty from NoLynching?
Looking back psy's post, Liberty did break a habit sort-of.

psy_wombats, what do you mean when you think that "mislynch" doesn't meant anything?
Actually,

#Cancel

#Lynch Fomar

Shinan, psy, odd, emily, kitten

^^^These people seriously need to start talking unless they wanna die:

Libs, are you still moving(?)/have limited internet?
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Alright, I admit it, I'm not hated.

I was vet baiting. I'm a veteran.
i am doing to best that i can do. i am allowed to make six posts before the limit kicks in for the day. there is also nothing to talk about day one in a group of people that i don't know who aren't doing anything but metagaming and joke voting.

#Lynch Shinan
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
ivoryjones
Shinan...

Yeah...Shinan and talking...that's not a thing.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I don't like Liberty very much. She's very distant and sneaky in her posts. Is she always like this? I can't remember, I haven't played with her since way back in the day.

Just as an example, look at how she scum-reads me while trying to make it look as if she has no clear opinion about me:

author=Liberty
That aside, there's always someone pushing for people to do something reckless, though granted, not usually as blatant as PA did. It's one of those reads that are hard to decipher since it's very much a case of "is he being serious, he can't be serious right, but what if he is being serious, maybe he's being serious, but he can't be... right???"

It's worth watching in future to see how he posts but it's not worth a lynch vote just yet.

Her other posts have a similar pattern (and many of them have no content).

I want people who have played with her more to tell me if this is normal behavior.
PlatinumAshes
Piano is a town read for me, because he is scum-hunting psy so early.

I was observing Piano's scum play on Day 1 in Jeroen's game. He played like an absolute coward. Now he's playing very different. If he's scum, then he's doing this deliberately to throw us off.

As for Piano's reasons to vote Psy, I don't make much of them. I really could go either way on Psy.
pianotm
Oh, yeah. My scumteam here includes psy_wombats and Liberty. PA also reading Libby makes me a little more confident he's town, too. I don't have a third suspect, though.
pianotm
PlatinumAshes
I was observing Piano's scum play on Day 1 in Jeroen's game. He played like an absolute coward.

PlatinumAshes
It would be better to bully Shinan into posting more, or bully CAVE into bullying Shinan into posting more. We don't have any reads on him now.

I'd rather lynch Shinan than lynch nobody. But I don't think it's a great option.

I have an intuition that the AFK players tend to be town on RMN. People like playing scum, and they're more likely to put in that extra time and effort.

We suspect AFK players, because in other kinds of mafia, the scum players have a habit of going quiet to conceal themselves. But I've never seen that tactic used on here myself (probably because it doesn't work in this format).
I mean, first day all we have to throw around are accusations based on nothing, so it's impossible to really get a read on people.

That said, it's been a while since I've played mafia so I'm probably a bit out of practice and you lot only post when I should/am sleeping. During my waking hours there's absolutely no posts happening. Not much I can comment on, to people. If I seem like I don't have a clear opinion it's because I actually DON'T have a clear opinion just yet. We've got no actual proof of anything against anyone and the only time I'm gonna use gut-instinct on day 1 is when Cave is playing, sooooooo... :shrug:

As for details on housing situation, I probably won't be around next weekend, so if we can get it wrapped up by then, I'd be happy.

In leui of this, I'm gonna jump on a lynch for first day. The problem is, who to pick. Kittenfood should be good to post without limit now (we worked a way around the post restrictions for new peeps) but they might not know that just yet (I did send a DM to let them know though) and Fomar is new to the game, so I'm fine with giving them a bit more time to respond.

I'm gonna throw down my vote on...

#lynch PlatinumAshes

because he's being needlessly confusing with some of the stuff he's throwing around. Sure, first day isn't as serious, but I feel like he's playing scum pretending to be town pretending to be dumb town, if that makes sense (what with the whole "everyone claim~~~~" crap) and also because his avatar is repulsive to me for some weird reason.
Anyway, I'm off to sleep before piano lynches me off just to stop me staying up so late at night.
author=pianotm
ivoryjones
Shinan...

Yeah...Shinan and talking...that's not a thing.

lol a girl's gotta try

And, yeah, he doesn't really talk much but if I remember correctly (was he scum on one game? I think there was a game he -was- scum), scum-Shinan would not be THAT "lazy" and completely abandon his teammates. At least he would try. He *did* kinda went for me on D1s for ~tradition~ and me him. But, yeah, just because he's Finnish doesn't mean he shouldn't post more..!!! >:/

@PA

Liberty's playing style is as what you said. "Sneaky" and sometimes not really posting any "real content", might leave some parts to backpedal too, though, not as awful as gourd. If I recall correctly she can be quite gungho like me when she's townie, jumping straight at her suspicions.

There was a game though where she and gourd were mafia and she stood out LIKE A SOUR THUMB and faking being indecisive and shit about the lynches. It's D1 and her "NPC intro" to the new players is what's throwing me off about her "townie-ness". Along with what you said about her being distant and sneaky.
author=PlatinumAshes
I have an intuition that the AFK players tend to be town on RMN. People like playing scum, and they're more likely to put in that extra time and effort.

Not true at all. Have you seen YM play scum?? The guy's the sneakiest of all!! He'll occasionally pop up and post some "content-worthy posts" to fill up the min amount of postcount to not look scummy/lurking and bam! He's had us all.
author=Liberty
Fomar is new to the game, so I'm fine with giving them a bit more time to respond.

What do I need to respond to at the moment? Do I need to vote? I thought the day also ended after a certain time. Just incase then:

#lynch PlatinumAshes

Libby's reasoning makes sense to me, I think.