[MAFIA] PRISONER'S DILEMMA. GAME OVER

I'm anti no-lynch. I feel like no-lynch gives us nothing to go on day 2, but I'll leave it at that. I feel like I'm advocating it every game, so nothing I can say now that hasn't been said. Everyone has their own beliefs on this, and I'm going to stick to mine.

As for current conversation, liberty was obviously joking. I'm unsure if formar was or not simply because I don't know him well enough/way the post reads to me, but given he's a new player I'd want to avoid lynching him day 1.

Not sure how I feel about the hated claims yet. If 50/50 went vanilla, I feel like cave wouldn't have gave roles that work against us. Probably not great roles in that scenario, but not anti-town roles. Given that, there is a possibility most people did opt for power roles. The question I'd ask myself then, is which side did opt for more power roles. With the majority of people being town, there is a higher percent chance that scum could have the negative roles. I'm not saying this is the case, but I think it's worth considering as a possibility.
No one should be claiming to be anything but vanilla.
Liberty drawing votes on D1 for advocating no-kill is practically an RMN tradition and I think she ragequit mafia after after some game where piano went after her for actually playing the game properly and voting on D1. But I think it bears repeating @Liberty PLEASE PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY AND VOTE D1.

@tale: That was a joke and I am not, in fact, the turbo deathmiller. However the way to get info during the daytime is by voting to kill people, and if there's a D1 no-kill, we gain no info.

@AE: I don't think killing new players for not knowing how to play well is productive, or unless you think that's bluffing?

@demonlord: I don't think there's anything to reason about hated claims as no one has made one except for PA. And re:PA his thing is more "does this make PA more or likely to be scum" -- my opinion being "scummy play, but less likely to be a scum player" if that makes sense
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I am anti no lynch as long the pianoman lives. He must pay for his crimes

#cancel
#lynch piano

I'm against lynching any of the new people even if they mess up. As a first time player, you are almost guaranteed to mess up on day one or two. That's a null-read.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
It's a tried and true tradition on RMN to kill a townie on day 1 for no reason, and then lose the game badly.

Liberty, your attempts are futile.
oh i didn't know. so it's just a random lynch the first day for the sake of not sitting around and doing nothing?
PlatinumAshes
author=kittenfood
oh i didn't know. so it's just a random lynch the first day for the sake of not sitting around and doing nothing?

Good idea. I rolled a 13-sided die and it told me that we should all lynch piano.
PlatinumAshes
author=psy_wombats

Since we are all hated (or most of us at least, it has to be so since I am hated), scum will find out soon enough when one of us dies. All of you doubters are sus because of your slowness.

author=psy_wombats
And re:PA his thing is more "does this make PA more or likely to be scum" -- my opinion being "scummy play, but less likely to be a scum player" if that makes sense

I don't like psy town-reading me so soon, when he is sure to be the first and only person to town read me.
It falls within his scum-psy playstyle. But I admit that I don't know what he plays like when he's town.

author=kittenfood

You have nothing to say.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
PlatinumAshes is just trying to get revenge because I totally owned him in Jeroen's Avalon Whatsitsname Mafia. If he's hated as he says, it'll make him easier to mislynch.

#Lynch PlatinumAshes
Kitten, basically the purpose of voting day 1 is to see which way people vote. Day 1 is basically we have nothing to go on, so we analyze conversations and see how people vote. Day 2 we know who all died, and there are good odds that at least one scum is part of the lynch chain.

I have no real reason to vote piano yet.

One thing that does stick out to me is that PA is actually claiming hated. If PA is town, does that mean all of town are hated? If so, why are we letting scum know this early? Now they can just kill people who think might be vanilla, and ignore hated roles because they'd be working against us. Admittingly, I am assuming that if one town member is hated, then all of town with power roles are hated. It makes sense going for what cave was going for. On the other hand, it could be all of scum who opted for power roles.

If town is hated, I'm going to be less willing to trust someone who claims to have a good role.

On one hand, if we lynch him and the claim is real, we get reliable information from it. On the other, were likely to hit a role no matter who we vote for assuming town truly is hated, so that means we don't need to necessarily hit PA to find out.
I'm also wondering if scum would really be this aggressive this early.
author=pianotm
easier to mislynch.

uhhhh
#lynch pianotm
pianotm
This would actually be a prime reason not to vote PA. If he really just revealed that the majority of town is hated, then confirming that only helps scum. Still, I'm going to leave my vote on him at least for a while because clearly, he doesn't have enough fries to go with his salt over a previous game we played together.
pianotm
psy_wombats
author=pianotm
easier to mislynch.
uhhhh
#lynch pianotm

I said what I said.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
One more thing Kitten, people can get very invested here and will eventually attack your arguments. Bear in mind that it's all in good fun, no one actually hates you, they just hate you inside of the game. We all hate each other inside of the game, it's normal I'd say. Also, unless a person a truly confirmed town, you can't trust anyone, no matter what. Specially not me or anyone else who is being helpful to you. Trust no one.
okay. still do not understand the air very well, but going to say what it is that i think. i just think it's irresponsible to vote the first day but if we will i will see what everyone has to say first rather than just going off a few people. what i am worried about is that i think to end up lynching someone who is a useful role just because we were eager to do something at all would be very... not good.
author=psy_wombats

I don't think people should even be claiming vanilla, to be honest. That makes it easier for scum to find who has a useful ability.

I'm going off the assumption that at least most of town isn't hated (or have negative abilities in general)...maybe that's a bad assumption? If the abilities are mostly bad, or are a mix, then I guess it wouldn't really matter that much.
Yeah I'm leaning not to lynch PA yet, at least not on day 1.

I also sort of see where psy is coming from, but I don't think it's anything. You are assuming that the hated role is the one that makes you more easily lynchable, but cave said pre-game that was going to be if every single townie picked power roles. Given you claimed vanilla, and the fact I have reason to believe that others are vanilla as well, I'd say it's not likely that particular hated role. If anything, I could see cave making diff types of hated roles if say 80% of town opted for a power role, but I have my doubts on it being that high a ratio.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=demonlord5000
One thing that does stick out to me is that PA is actually claiming hated. If PA is town, does that mean all of town are hated? If so, why are we letting scum know this early? Now they can just kill people who think might be vanilla, and ignore hated roles because they'd be working against us. Admittingly, I am assuming that if one town member is hated, then all of town with power roles are hated. It makes sense going for what cave was going for. On the other hand, it could be all of scum who opted for power roles.

If town is hated, I'm going to be less willing to trust someone who claims to have a good role.

On one hand, if we lynch him and the claim is real, we get reliable information from it. On the other, were likely to hit a role no matter who we vote for assuming town truly is hated, so that means we don't need to necessarily hit PA to find out.
I'm also wondering if scum would really be this aggressive this early.

This sounds to me like Demon is trying to make town doubt any townies that have a good role. I've got you in my sights Demon.

But yeah, I think we should steer clear of lynching PA just yet. If he really is hated town, we should be a little more cautious about voting him just yet.
pianotm
The logic is simple. Town has no information on anyone. Scum, on the other hand, knows exactly who everyone is. They are never going to miss when they kill. Choosing to nolynch literally gives scum a free day where they're not being hunted. Whoever you vote, there's a percentage of a chance you're voting scum, so it simply mathematically optimal to simply lynch someone and hope for the best. Furthermore, choosing to nolynch is suboptimal because you are literally putting a barrier on day-two info. We won't know quirk's of people's voting, like, did someone suddenly switch his vote at the last second to get a hammer? It can also shift our perceptions of how people interacted with each other on day one.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
ninja'd somewhat by Emily and Demon post, doh