[MAFIA] PRISONER'S DILEMMA. GAME OVER

So how are we supposed to work out who the mafia are? Or are the lynchings more or less random and luck based?
we scope out who's acting suspicious and then ice 'em! though yeah that can come down to just luck sometimes.
Are abilities one time use or multiple? if it's passive, that's continuous?
Generally you look for people you think are suspicious - ask questions, take note of answers, etc. After a night phase is when most information is gathered - mafia will usually kill someone and/or do other stuff if they have the power to (for example, blocking someone else's ability or checking people's roles - depends on the type of game as to what powers they have at hand) and then people might talk or sit on information they gleaned from the night.

So if we have someone who is a bodyguard, they might try to protect someone during the night so that if that person is targetted by mafia they're safe from being killed. Usually that's for special roles like those who can scope out who mafia is or can prove their innocence through various means. The bodyguard might not say anything the first few days about who they protected but if someone says something like "I protected x last night!" they would then have cause to think that person might be a lying liar who lies.

So a lot of the game is trying to find clues in what people say, how they act, how they vote, etc.

You eventually get a feel for how certain players play the game after a while and can guess their role based on what they do. Some players are impossible to guess at, though, due to how balls-to-the-wall crazy they are (Cavedog, for example).

The best tips to give are:
- time any information drops you give carefully if they're important. Too soon and you might out yourself to be killed by mafia. Too late and you might end up screwing the rest of us over.
- watch what people say and how they act with each other.
- votes are important. If someone says one thing but does another they might have something to hide.
- do not be afraid to argue for your own survival even if it seems like you have no chance and there's a mob forming to destroy you. That's when you need to do the best you can to get through. You never know who might slip up and save your ass from being on the chopping block! So press, press, press!

Also keep in mind that because this game requires no editing of posts, you can always look back at what others have said and use their past posts as ammunition for an argument for or against their lynching.

A lot of people have issue with lynching on day 1. Personally I'm usually for it, as it gives us more information to go through on future days (based on who choose to lynch whom and why, as well as what, if anything, the lynching bought to light) but a lot of people don't appreciate my usual gung-ho style of demanding a lynch. XD

also
let's get the lynch mob fired up lads! BURN THE WITCH!

#lynch Fomar0135

there you go bud, popping your lynchmob cherry so you don't have to be nervous about future lynch votes >.<)b
Lynching me on day 1 is likely to result in me never joining again when you're desperate to get enough people. Lynch Libby instead for a variety of reasons:
1: Revenge
2: She'll still join and play time and time again.
3: Think how funny it'll be, "Hey Libby, remember that one time you got lynched on day 1?"
4: Revenge

#lynch Liberty
Murder people is what we need to do!

Blood for the blood god! And skulls for the skull throne!
what's a Death Miller that psy_wombats speaks of? Also hated is a vote less than original votes to execute for vanilla.

I'll go with NoLynch for now since there's a way to get information during the day if we compromise with the voting system through lynching.

#NoLynch
I don't like not lynching the first day, especially in a game with this many players it's a good way to get more information.

#lynch tale

Although it is tempting to lynch Liberty instead, since I was all but promised flaming and that hasn't happened. But my will is stronger than that. I think.
oh what a bizarre method, but i guess i'll see who else is out there if we're gonna.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Gentlemen.

I have arrived.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
#lynch the pianoman

For Merlin.
PlatinumAshes
You're all keeping the secret very well. I can see the point in being cautious, but I will not waste this chance to confirm myself. Let's drop the act here and now.

I am hated. Everyone claim hated or die.
PlatinumAshes
Claim quickly everyone. Scum will probably wait until a few more people have claimed hated before jumping in there.

Anyone slowposting or lurking is dead to me.
does it count as lurking if I just leave the tab open all night?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'm here, but I'm headed home from vacationing, so I'll be active in like six hours or so. Sorry about that!
I love how everyone lynches different people so no one seems like they'll be the first one to pile on someone.
I should make it clear that I was kidding about me being gung-ho about lynching. I'm usually all for not-lynching as it cuts down on our numbers. I figure I should point this out before piano and others jump in going LIBERTY YOU ARE LYING OMG YOU HATE LYNCH FIRST DAY HOW DARE YOU LIARING LIAR WHO LIIIIESSSSSSS #lynchberty

it was a joke

#cancel
#nolynch
or was it...?

no, it was
PlatinumAshes
#cancel
#lynch liberty

Die in kill.