[MAFIA] GAME OVER - FREQUENCY MAFIA

And, as you pointed out before, knowing that Hacker was a role that fits with the game theme, without the knowledge that something like that even existed, is incredibly suspicious. No-one had claimed a specific role at that point, and yet he managed to hit the correct theme. The only way he could know that for sure was if someone had told him that that was a theme he could copy. His issue was not realising until afterwards that there was already a role-cop type of power already in the game.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I was waiting for one of the two of them to show up before mentioning this again but fomar claiming to know he was roleblocked despite not having an action is, kind of a big smoking gun to me with the regards to the idea of him having been informed, by someone else, that he was 'supposed' to have been roleblocked. I don't think I have ever seen someone who didn't take action during the night be informed that they were roleblocked in a game before.

Quoting for new page so people can see it.
Hey sorry about the wait I was exhausted yesterday, It is good to hear that cave is town!

I did target Liberty with my roleblocking ability. I couldn't think of anyone to target where it would be useful so I honestly just targeted Liberty in the hopes of proving I had the roleblocking power without messing up town's power roles.

As for the accusations, I can only conclude that either my power informs people they've been targeted (regardless of if they try to use their power) or scum has a way of watching who visits who and what they try to do (like fomar was claiming before he turned up as vanilla). I can only assume the mafia was watching fomar (who had been very suspicious at the end of day 1) in an attempt to find possible power roles.

My only other defenses are that I don't think blocking Liberty is anti town bc her role is useless and if I were mafia I would have to be playing like a dumbass.

I'm going to take a shower and then give some scum reads in a second.
Okay but...
Fomar claimed White Hat Hacker on day 1, before anyone had a chance to use their powers, before he could know for fact that Hacker is a term safe to use in this game. The only person who has the role name of Hacker is you. The only way he could have known, being a mafia goon, that that term was not only fitting for the game but also 'safe' to claim is by having someone he knew the role of.

You.

He knew your role, on day 1, before any powers had the chance to be used.

ALMOST like he has the ability to talk to you outside of the game OR SOMETHING.

Also, no, my role is not useless. It's been super useful to town so far, I'd say. Not only because claiming it let people know that there was a confirmed role-cop role already existing, thus pointing out that the chances of there being two role-cops is low (thus thrusting more suspicion on Fomar and helping to see him lynched) but I've also outed you as a Hacker, and the likely second scum.

So tell me again how my role is useless for town? What use has your so-called role done for town? Pretend-blocked your ally night 1 and then stopped an investigative, sure-confirmation process from working on night 2.

Yeah... somehow I'm gonna call bullshit on that.
And why would scum be watching Fomar anyway? HE WAS SCUM! What, he was watching himself, was he?
I dunno about the rest of you but I think this goose is well and truly stuffed. Time to put it in the oven.
*I also targeted Liberty on the chance she is a scum lord I realize I didn't say that earlier.

author=Liberty
So tell me again how my role is useless for town?

From my perspective it's being used to get a town power role harassed and possibly lynched.
author=Liberty
And why would scum be watching Fomar anyway? HE WAS SCUM! What, he was watching himself, was he?

To find power roles like I said.

Please, let get this straight though you think that I:
1. Gave fomar my role to use as a fakeclaim (even though this would link scum to me)
2. Let fomar claim he was roleblocked (even though this would link roleblcoking to scum)
3. Proved I was roleblocker by blocking you even (even though this would prove I was the roleblocker and therefore link me to scum)

WHY WOULD I DO THIS
WHY WOULDNT I JUST BUS HIM

It feels grody to be the one making this argument but when I'm scum I try to fade into the bg as much as possible. Does this *really* seem like how scum Gourd would play? There's making mistakes as scum and then there's just playing completely counter productively.

Fomar claiming hacker is not that magnificent. It's called frequency mafia with role names like broadcaster etc. Saying "what if there were a role called a hacker to hack these all these things on frequencies" is not only a really easy thing to reach for scum it's also a theme we've played with on RMN before.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
jesus fucking christ frogge
@Libby Like for real, my theory only requires you believe I got unlucky and scum used their powers well.

Your requires that scum act completely nonsensically
Confirmed Town
cave, piano

Unconfirmed town
esby, cap, psy, demon, liberty, frogge

___

Town:
cave, piano

Probably town:
frogge

I read as town:
Demon

who even knows
cap, psy, esby, libby

From my perspective, Liberty has been acting anti-town.

Cap esby psy have been quiet and not particularly town while they posted. Not particularly scum either but these are the people I'm going to explore in my next couple of posts.

ESBY
extreme disappointment
you can add frogge to confirmed town since hex was town and it was apparently clarified in pm that they were the same alignment
Everyone can fuck up. You probably fucked up, especially having to try and cover for a new player who never had played scum before.

You're trying to make arguments against actual facts.
Fact: Fomar claimed a role he shouldn't have known existed, at a time that people didn't know the overarching theme of this game.
Fact: You are a Hacker, which was found out on night 1.
Fact: He claimed that role before I used my power night 1.
Fact: He claimed a role that was already in existence. A role that was confirmed to you.

Using those facts we can surmise he was in chat with someone who had a role of that kind, claimed an ability he didn't know already existed in the game.

I posit a question - if I were mafia, why would I have my scum mate claim a role that I knew already existed in the game and then call him out on it. Does that sound like something in the know would freakin do? I'd be crazy to deliberately throw a fellow mafia member to the wolves on night 1, especially when people were making noises about lynching me.

I'd like to think I play a better scum than that. So. Did you fuck up or did I sell out an ally on day 1 when there was no reason to? Especially given the facts we know.

And what mafia member would need to interview town anyway. If I were mafia I doubt I'd have a role that let me talk to any of the town members as that would draw too much attention to me from townies. Not only that, but outing myself as a role-cop to a townie, if I were a mafia member, would be incredibly dumb, especially as my job would be to find roles on the sly and I could pass off my power as just talking to people without letting them know I knew their roles.

Your argument makes no sense.
You're being ridiculous. I did not deny the facts. I gave you another possibility they might exist + pointed out that yours requires me to be acting nonsensically.
Or scrambling to cover your ass.
so:

Fomar's scum list was lacking but based off of the way he was interacting with everybody (I can quote posts to back up my conclusions if you guys want but of you just look back it'll be kinda obvious):

Townreads: cave and piano
scumreads: frogge, cap, gourdy

Fomar interacted with but basically ignored everybody else in his reads. If we assume that fomar was throwing shade on one of his scum partners knowing he was going to die then cap and esby are the only possibilities. It is possible that when fomar died he thought that his opposition to cap might help cap look more innocent. Cap has been flying under the radar pretty well this game which is something fomar also noticed and pointed out.

For the rest of the people on this I'm gonna have to assume fomar did not mention his scum partners which is probably more likely.
author=Liberty
Or scrambling to cover your ass.

Okay, don't engage w/ my point
author=Gourd_Clae
so:

Fomar's scum list was lacking but based off of the way he was interacting with everybody (I can quote posts to back up my conclusions if you guys want but of you just look back it'll be kinda obvious):

Townreads: cave and piano
scumreads: frogge, cap, gourdy

Fomar interacted with but basically ignored everybody else in his reads. If we assume that fomar was throwing shade on one of his scum partners knowing he was going to die then cap and esby are the only possibilities. It is possible that when fomar died he thought that his opposition to cap might help cap look more innocent. Cap has been flying under the radar pretty well this game which is something fomar also noticed and pointed out.

For the rest of the people on this I'm gonna have to assume fomar did not mention his scum partners which is probably more likely.

I'd like to add to my previous point about cap that cap did not scum read fomar until the very end of the day which reads like he may have been giving in when it was clear how the day was going to end
esby has been similarly quiet but has had even fewer connections to fomar. this is about where I'd expect a fellow mafia member to be if they were on the same team, but this is not definitive evidence by any means.
I have looked through psy's posts but there is nothing to indicate that he might be scum to me. He was grappling with kerfuffle yesterday and speculating on setup for most of the which, sure, could have been him avoiding reading anybody but the obvious people but it seems more likely he was just engaging with the topic at hand.

IMO cap liberty and esby are the best choices for today in no particular order.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
are you friends with a mermaid and a crab? because you're starting to flounder