[MAFIA] GAME OVER - FREQUENCY MAFIA

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Liberty
especially as like, three people have talked in that time. four? maybe four. Shouldn't you have waited until more people had popped in before being all "VIEW APON MY GENIUS PLAN MUAHAHAHA"?
:squints:

I was at school ans every minute that passed by i risked cave getting falsely hammered, also im impatient
author=ESBY
jesus fucking christ frogge
author=Gourd_Clae
Confirmed Town
cave, piano

Unconfirmed town
esby, cap, psy, demon, liberty, frogge

This is a pretty funny/telling way of putting together a readlist.

Frogge the ploy would've worked a lot better if you'd gotten reactions from everyone /before/ declaring it but w/e.

The only acceptable response from Gourd to me would've been "I targeted someone else" but that doesn't seem to be the case. Targeting Liberty is anti-town in that if he had targeted literally anyone else, we'd be able to clear them from having submitted the nightkill, which is the actual point of the PR in town's hands.

Not seeing any reason to go after anyone else.
Frogge
author=psy_wombats
author=Gourd_Clae
Confirmed Town
cave, piano

Unconfirmed town
esby, cap, psy, demon, liberty, frogge

Frogge the ploy would've worked a lot better if you'd gotten reactions from everyone /before/ declaring it but w/e.

Once again, I got scared that y'all would hammer him while I was away and we'd essentially waste a day, and probably another once you found out he was town and then went after me, and mafia would be laughing their asses off that I'm basically doing their job for them. Which I'm fairly sure they've already done a couple times.

Anyway i finally actually read up on what was being read and you're right, I've changed my mind about the possibility of Gourd being a town hacker. Targeting Libby makes no sense, and it makes even less sense that he'd try to give a reason as to why he did it when we were suspecting a role that can redirect night actions might exist.

Still not lynching anyone before we get more discussion done since I'm not fed up with us running around blindly just yet (and now we don't have my broadcast to distract us as I have heard the fair amount of constructive criticism).
Frogge
That being said it does feel weird that Gourd would kill Hex since he could essentially just block him from getting alingment reads (I think? I dunno, seems like every time Hex used his ability Odd responded almost instantly so I'm willing to think maybe he'd have to be pretty early to block him), making me think someone may have FRAMED gourd (oooo detective work but not really i'm probably just overthinking)
Frogge
Also i finally have my computer and looked at our chat with Hex and literally the last thing he said before he died is that he thinks my idea of making cave appear scum was good but that i shouldn't reveal i lied too early and i basically went against his dying wish
Frogge
(I should also mention that he died after 69 posts which means our quick topic will basically stay at 69 posts for the rest of forever unless odd decides to say something and that's amazing)
He'd murder Hex vs roleblocking him because if Hex turned up tomorrow saying "hey I got roleblocked" that wouldn't look too great for the known roleblocker

(also I think the votecount before your reveal was gourd:2, cave:0 haha)
Frogge
author=psy_wombats
He'd murder Hex vs roleblocking him because if Hex turned up tomorrow saying "hey I got roleblocked" that wouldn't look too great for the known roleblocker

(also I think the votecount before your reveal was gourd:2, cave:0 haha)

...this is fair and something i should have considered
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Frogge
(I should also mention that he died after 69 posts which means our quick topic will basically stay at 69 posts for the rest of forever unless odd decides to say something and that's amazing)

Oh, of course, that's the main concern here. Frogge's chat room stopping at 69 posts.

psy_wombats

The only acceptable response from Gourd to me would've been "I targeted someone else" but that doesn't seem to be the case. Targeting Liberty is anti-town in that if he had targeted literally anyone else, we'd be able to clear them from having submitted the nightkill, which is the actual point of the PR in town's hands.

Not seeing any reason to go after anyone else.

Gourd being straight-up with everyone is scummy? You DO realize that you're on a lot of people's scumlist, including mine, right?
What do you think about Gourd is "straight-up?" I thought the list was amusing because he had the heading "unconfirmed town," which, yes, they would be unconfirmed town rather than unknowns if Gourd were scum haha.

And no I don't care what scumlists I'm on because I think the game's basically solved and it's not like I'm bringing anything to the table.
pianotm
So, let's go over this.

Gourd asks about no-lynches, which elicits a joke vote from AlaskanEmily and a follow-up vote from Fomar. Psy comes on and one of his first acts is to lay a third vote on Gourd. I found this triplet strange and when I pointed it out, psy was annoyed that I hadn't FOSed anyone in that list. I was convinced that one of the voters was scum, and I was right. I just didn't know which one. It became apparently Fomar later in the day, but Emily disagreed with the scumhunt, resulting in her taking heat when we could have and would have had another day one scumlynch. When psy complained about my no FOS, I decided to tell the truth and say that I thought he was the most likely scum in the list because Emily and Fomar both genuinely seemed like joke-votes, and there seemed to be little reason at the time for psy to put an honest vote on Gourd. Psy didn't really point to anything specific either, simply finding Gourd's behavior strange.

Psy, upon learning that Libby was an indie, spent a significant portion of day 2 arguing for a policy lynch, and even goes as far as to say that he doesn't believe her win condition. I mean, I guess that's fair. There was no reason not to believe it, but of course, it would be silly to accept it at face value. I hate policy lynches of indies. I understand why it's a good idea to lynch them, but this early in the game, all that does is take time away from scum-hunting. We would have been on day three and Fomar would have still been alive and we still wouldn't have hit actual scum, unless Libby's lying, which she isn't because the only scumhunt on her was a weak, half-hearted one and nobody was looking at her seriously when she claimed. If she were scum, she wouldn't have claimed at all.

Now, all of a sudden, someone using a power on the indie is anti-town?

#cancel
#Lynch psy_wombats
pianotm
psy_wombats
What do you think about Gourd is "straight-up?" I thought the list was amusing because he had the heading "unconfirmed town," which, yes, they would be unconfirmed town rather than unknowns if Gourd were scum haha.

And no I don't care what scumlists I'm on because I think the game's basically solved and it's not like I'm bringing anything to the table.

I did, in fact, wonder about that. I've done screwy things like that, too. I've been lynched for it! And I've flipped town in those circumstances. When you're looking for scum, stuff like this isn't the gotcha moment you're looking for. Scum's more careful than that. They make different mistakes. I'm not saying Gourd's not scum. I am saying that you're looking for the easy scumhunt instead of actually working for it.

And you know what? That's in character for you. You always do that, so:

#cancel
Only time I want to kill Liberty was when she was claiming that everyone was a miller.

Gourd's targeting is absolutely anti-town. Let's say he decides to target I dunno, cave, a vanilla town, with the roleblock instead. This accomplishes:
- proves cave did not submit the nightkill, and in a 2-scum game, clears him as town
- if cave got a PM about being blocked despite being vanilla, explains how fomar knew he was roleblocked despite not having a night power

But instead, he targets Liberty, which:
- deprives us of a rolecop result
- does not clear anyone
- leaves the question that if fomar was vanilla, how'd he know he was blocked?
I don't consider the "unconfirmed town" thing a scum-strike for Gourd by the way, I just thought it was funny.
pianotm
psy_wombats
Only time I want to kill Liberty was when she was claiming that everyone was a miller.

Gourd's targeting is absolutely anti-town. Let's say he decides to target I dunno, cave, a vanilla town, with the roleblock instead. This accomplishes:
- proves cave did not submit the nightkill, and in a 2-scum game, clears him as town
- if cave got a PM about being blocked despite being vanilla, explains how fomar knew he was roleblocked despite not having a night power

But instead, he targets Liberty, which:
- deprives us of a rolecop result
- does not clear anyone
- leaves the question that if fomar was vanilla, how'd he know he was blocked?

Thank you. These are much better points to make. I don't know where this is going, but I was comfortable with my vote on Gourd, and I guess I can be comfortable with it again unless someone else ends up looking more scummy.

#Lynch Gourd_Clae

Libby, I'm vanilla town. Maybe question psy, tonight?
Way too early frogge. Also you forgot one important fact, scum would have known that was a gambit and let others make a case like I ended up doing.

I still think it extremely strange that fomar was the first to say the term hacker, on day 1, before any claims. I can get behind gourds why would he do this because the circumstances are odd, and I can only assume mistakes were made. Gourd, I don't remember, did you say your power blocked the head, or was the head just randomly in your role information. If the former them we can at least be sure libby isn't scum in a 2 scum game.
author=psy_wombats

I was talking more about town as a collective rather than town vs scum but I agree that was a goofy way to put it lol
The argument that this is a freudian slip would make more sense if liberty wasn't on the unconfirmed town list tho
author=demonlord5000
Way too early frogge. Also you forgot one important fact, scum would have known that was a gambit and let others make a case like I ended up doing.

I still think it extremely strange that fomar was the first to say the term hacker, on day 1, before any claims. I can get behind gourds why would he do this because the circumstances are odd, and I can only assume mistakes were made. Gourd, I don't remember, did you say your power blocked the head, or was the head just randomly in your role information. If the former them we can at least be sure libby isn't scum in a 2 scum game.

It says my power can direct the person directing the nk who I assume is a head of some sort!