MULTIPLE LANGUAGES

Pages: first 12 next last
What are some languages you know besides english.

Discuss!

I myself know ASL if that counts as a second language.
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=2331.msg40416#msg40416 date=1225169755
I only fluently speak English, but I understand some German, and I know how to say "I do not understand (name of language)" in many languages.

Such as me no hablo espanol.
Or non parlo italiano.

I think that will suffice. I also am knowledgeable of archaic English, including the many curses.
Also, I do know multiple programing languages.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
I know some Spanish
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I know scheißekopf.
I know spanish ...
I wouldn't say I know english ... yet ... I always use google translate
A bit of Japanese. XP Well basically, I can only read it and type it...
English, that blasphemous Frankenstein language, is my first language. I do not envy anyone who has had to learn it as their second for any reason. You fluent non-native English speakers are my heroes.

My German is not so good anymore because I have no chance to practice it (my school does not offer it in the curriculum).

Also, it's been 4 years since I've taken a Latin class and that is slipping.

My French is basically gone.

I can count to ten in several languages, and say yes and no in a few.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
A bit of several; Urdu, Sindhi (you could call it a variation of Urdu), and I studied French at school for a few years. Additionally when I lived in Saudi Arabia and Iran I had to take in a bit of Arabic and Farsi, respectively, but I've forgotten both almost completely now. :(
In fluency order:

English > Bengali > Old Arabic

Also trying out Japanese for video games but the basics are like x100 harder than any of the other languages I've come across.
My mother tongue is french and I've spoken english for a long time (I come from a region of the french-speaking Quebec province bordering the english-speaking Ontario province, in Canada). My spanish is not too good, but I've been re-practicing it recently. I have a basis in german that I will eventually give more time and right now I'm completing a certificate in asian studies at university, where I'm learning chinese (northern dialect) and japanese.

I aim for russian and modern arabic too.

The game I'm working on will have a french version and an english version.
author=TwomRPG link=topic=2478.msg46736#msg46736 date=1227558324
I can also understand people who have pimples on their tongues and can only mumble and do hand gestures. :P
That's truly an awesome skill, I wish I could too,
Learning some french.
I can also understand people who have pimples on their tongues and can only mumble and do hand gestures. :P
Learning Spanish. I'm going to Spain and France on a school trip (though it's not technically school sponsored, so we can drink) in 2010 or so so I've gotta be prepared for the Spain portion of it.
English is my 3rd language and my second fluent one.
French is second and first fluent.
Kiyawanda was the language I learned first as a young lad,

but after 9 years in the USA I soon forgot it all.

My spelling in english and french is an abomination.
Yet I speak them without much of an accent.
French > English > Spanish :p

I only speak a few words in spanish. :p
I'll make a video of me speaking english one of these days, I need feedback about my accent. ^^
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I speak some Samoan, as my mother is and I'm half. Other then that.. English!
Learning French, German and Japanese. Will be taking Mandarin Chinese at Uni. I feel like learning another language now, though XD. Something exotic like Finnish, Korean, Arabic, Tagalog or maybe even sign language.
Pages: first 12 next last