ENMXDEV & USING OUR GAMES

Pages: first 123 next last
This may be a topic that's been brought up before, and I'm slightly new to putting games up on the site, but has anyone else on here noticed their games being used by a developer called EnmxDev? They're taking games off this site and then putting them on the Android network (Google Play), with ads, to try and profit off our work.

While I understand nothing can really be done seeing we put our games up here to download, and they're free to play... just find it wrong that someone would go to that level. Guess it's the world we live in, unfortunately.
Could you link? Devs can at least report the games as stolen. Even if they're free, that doesn't mean permission is given to rehost them elsewhere.

To those whose games have been stolen, I highly recommend reporting the games and getting in touch with the dev themselves (their email is here: enmxdev@sofreenet.com - I have no qualms about sharing it here as they've got it up on each game for anyone to find). I'd also recommend calling them out on social media (make sure to @googleplay when you do!) and leaving comments where possible that lead back to your original game pages.

List of the games stolen:
- Chosen
- The Perfectionist
- Chelsea
- The Last Summer
- Millitibus Elements
- HEARTBEAT
- Once Apon the Woods
- Two Clusters: Kain
- Around Me
- Fear Society
- The Ledge
- Nightmare Traveler
- Hide Heart
- The Abyssal of the Opera
- The Rock and the Rose
- Abyssal Shine: Nevermelt
- Traum
- Bhavacakra Grace
- Turtle Head
- Until Daybreak
- Flatwoods
- The Maker of Dreams
- TWIDAIABOY
- Noah
- Finding Chibae
- The Sculpter
- Azurael's Circle
- Antadin
- Tales of Yuria
- I Object!?
- Moop
- Sins of Daisy
- Dreams of Sword
- Willistoria
- Creaking
- Hazmat
- Prey With Gun
- When Yandere's Cry
Thanks Liberty! I agree. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talesof.yuria

You can report it pretty easily right through the Google Play App store. If you go to your game page and scroll to the bottom, there's a link under "Report > Flag as Inappropriate" You can then take steps to report it to Google Play.

I also found my game on www.game-game.com. Which they turn it into a flash game with ads along the top. No credit given to the creator.

If you do create games... try doing a Google search for the title. You'd be interested in how many sites actually take our games and put them up. Kind of flattering, I guess LOL :-)
For those who want to have their game removed from EmmxDev's googleplay store. Fill out this form

You'll need a google account to fill it out.
But in the form, they give you a chance to provide a description, screenshots and a url of your copyrighted work.
It may take awhile, most likely a week (I think?) for google to process this issue but rest assured it works.

But yeah, unfortunately, only the original creators can fill out this form.
We can't fill out this form on your behalf to help get the content removed.

EDIT: for those curious, here's EnmxDev's Googleplay Store
If your game is on there. Fill out the form.

EDIT2: ...o shit, they got Flatswood. vistorfromdreams! u readin' this?! muthafuckas tryin' to steal ur gam!
Jesus… First we had Garnudo Games doing this kind of shit and now this idiot. Great…!

It’s really quite sad to see some people resort to doing something like this. I know that times are tough and all that and making a game is quite a lot of work for some, but how you do feel pride in yourself by ripping off someone’s hard work like this??? Either way, it’s a scummy tactic. And I worry that if this kind of shit continues in the future that a lot of users are going to think twice about uploading their games on sites like RMN because it might have a high probability of probably getting stolen and sold off for money, even if it was attended on just being freeware.

I guess the best thing to do is to just take them down one at a time and keep our heads up.
Indra
YOU ARE BEING TOO AGGRO
Just reported our two games (Abyssal Opera and Abyssal Shine). Got an email receipt that mentioned takedowns don't get a message response from google (they'd remove it and that's it) and that repeat offenders may get banned (we can but hope).
For anyone who wants to report: you'll just need the link to the stolen game, the link to the legit game (rmn page) and a screenshot. There's a space where you have to add a description of the "item" stolen where you can write as you like (i took the chance to write it all out).
To start the report process from PC, go down in the app page and select the link under Report: "Flag as inappropiate" and follow along.
I saw that Maki tweeted about this and retweeted, and also tagged itch.io (as at least one of the games on that list was cross posted on itch).

Also,
author=Arcmagik
Utterly despicable.
LOL Glad I posted this now :-)

I was sitting at home bored and was like, "Let's Google search my game and see what comes up. Maybe I got a review on another site, or perhaps Markiplier discovered me and did a Let's Play." :-P

Low and behold I see a nice, large picture on Google highlighting it to the right. I'm like... "OMG! I'm famous! My game's gotten so much notice that I'm officially famous..." And then I see the "developer's" name and am like... "WTF?!?! Who's EnmxDev?!?!"

I immediately review the game, give it 1 star and proceed to email the developer. After about 5 minutes fuming, and sitting at my desk, bitching to my friend about it... I then calm down and it officially hit me... "Did I just give my own game 1 star?!?!" :-P
I’m sure it was painful, but when he read the review it must have had him running sacred.

AeroFunk80: “Hello Thief.”
EnmxDev: “- OH SHIT!!!”
AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
Ah shit! Here we go again.

Well... all the devs can do to prevent something like this (at least on MV) is to compile the game's source code to binary that nwjs can read. It can be a pain in the arse to do every time you update the game, but it can be automated with scripts (I even wrote an app for this).

In any case, this thread can be a good start to research:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/safeguarding-your-assets-from-getting-stolen.93803/#post-849810
Be warned that I just checked my email box after giving a few reviews pointing out that these games had been stolen only to have it inundated with spam. This is my normal rmn email account (where I tend to send all my rmn-based inquiry emails and not my mian account), but this fuckhead seems to have forgotten that nowdays it's dead easy to just hit a few buttons to forever consign email spam to the depths of hell.

So, yeah, this guy is retaliatory in the way he does shit.
Well...I just reported it. Thanks for posting this.
Pretty unfair to developers. I just hope they take that account down someday >_>.
author=LordBlueRouge
EDIT2: ...o shit, they got Flatswood. vistorfromdreams! u readin' this?! muthafuckas tryin' to steal ur gam!

Bastard didnt steal the one game I was actually proud of, time to bring the thunder!
My game has been taken down off the Google Playstore. Took less than 24 hours. :-)
Both Hazmat and Flatwoods have been taken down in a matter of hours, from the play store atleast. Not much we can really do about those other more sketchy sites.
Some of the other sites have ways to report. One of them has linked their report button to their facebook page, for example. Look in the footers of places like that for DMCA info.
Thank you Libby, I've gone through and contacted all those site with my games on as well.

What an asshole.
author=Liberty
Be warned that I just checked my email box after giving a few reviews pointing out that these games had been stolen only to have it inundated with spam. This is my normal rmn email account (where I tend to send all my rmn-based inquiry emails and not my mian account), but this fuckhead seems to have forgotten that nowdays it's dead easy to just hit a few buttons to forever consign email spam to the depths of hell.

So, yeah, this guy is retaliatory in the way he does shit.

Doesn't exactly sound like we're dealing with a genius mastermind, here.

EDIT: Looks like he's retaliating by uploading more games. I know the dev who made Craig so i'll let them know of the theft. Keep on him!
Pages: first 123 next last