[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

OK, I'm off to read Ozzy's posts and do an opinion.

I think I know what most others think, but CAVE, what are your thoughts on KF?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
mostly null. not going to consider voting them at all until hyperfresh is dead.
@Liberty: The only info scum gains by repeatedly unmasking Odd is who Odd is not. Killing town-Odd gives them another name that they know everyone else is not. What do you think scum's "plan" is here that killing him would stop?
OK, I did a reading. I'm not sure I think Ozzy was super over-the-top D1. I mean obviously a little, but given the surrounding context I'm not sure it's totally unexpected. At first I thought his Gourd vote had a smell, but reading back now it seems OK to me, his position was fairly consistent, and he was willing to put getting a D1 lynch first, too.

So at this point I am like only slightly leaning scum on Ozzy. Personally I think that Odd lynch is a better idea, but if Ozzy lynch is what we've got I guess I can go with it. Just based on behavior, I do think that both KF is more likely to be scum than Ozzy.

Also I'm probably missing something, but is there a mechanical reason that hyperfresh can't be Odd? I know it's kind of the oldest trick in the book to feint an attack like that, but still...
Psy, it gives scum more information if we lynch someone other than Odd.

Lynching Odd: Scum's possible secret identities for all guesses is reduced by one.
Lynching not-Odd: Scum's possible secret identities for all guesses is reduced by one, AND they know four identities which one of the surviving town is not.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=AlaskanEmily
Psy, it gives scum more information if we lynch someone other than Odd.

Lynching Odd: Scum's possible secret identities for all guesses is reduced by one.
Lynching not-Odd: Scum's possible secret identities for all guesses is reduced by one, AND they know four identities which one of the surviving town is not.

sounds like you know how odd's going to flip.
I have no idea how he's going to flip. I'm explaining the benefit of an Odd mislynch over other mislynchs, which is what the conversation was about.
Yeah I get that much but I don't think we'd exactly be interrupting the scumplan of "killing odd" by going ahead and killing odd. It doesn't make it not a negative action to kill him if he's town. I'm not sure if Liberty was being intentionally misleading by painting it as a "thing with upsides" vs "thing with not as many downsides". I guess it's probably nothing.
That was @emily's explanation of odd-killing. and I forgot but yeah there's nothing saying it wasn't Odd intentionally trying to unmask himself -- I think if odd is scum that is actually his ID

Also, I'm not sure we should actually prioritizing killing Hyperfresh when if they're the last scum alive we stand a decent shot of nailing them via massclaim. No guarantee we'll get that for the others.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm not prioritizing killing hyperfresh. I'm not voting catfood, who is confirmed not-hyperfresh, until hyperfresh is dead.
author=AlaskanEmily
OK, I did a reading. I'm not sure I think Ozzy was super over-the-top D1. I mean obviously a little, but given the surrounding context I'm not sure it's totally unexpected. At first I thought his Gourd vote had a smell, but reading back now it seems OK to me, his position was fairly consistent, and he was willing to put getting a D1 lynch first, too.

Until he cancelled on Gourd and then left us 1 vote short on Cave at the end of the day but would scum have missed an opportunity to lynch cave?

author=AlaskanEmily
Also I'm probably missing something, but is there a mechanical reason that hyperfresh can't be Odd? I know it's kind of the oldest trick in the book to feint an attack like that, but still...

DJ Hyperfresh can not be Gourd, Demonlord (masons), Kittenfood (put the name in) and we will find out if Cave is Hyperfresh in the next night phase. Odd could be Hyperfresh.

The final unmask was the weird one:
#Unmask - oddRABBIT Mumen Rider

They weren't aware of Paperinik (unless Paperinik is scum) so they guessed all three investigation roles. This would suggest that all three are town aligned but most of us (if scum) would use one of four unmasks to misdirect.
If the goal was to kill the investigation power roles then the fourth unmask should have been a different person e.g.
#unmask Fomar0153 Number 5
If the goal was to kill Odd then sure the 4th vote makes sense but then if they are just killing a townie why choose Odd, the masons are easier targets and we're never going to lynch them?
The only possible reason I can think of is that they wanted to get a town kill and ideally an investigation one, so they picked someone who wasn't a mason and didn't submit Number 5 (me), Sailor Saturn (Cave) or Cyclops (Psy) as we are less likely to be investigation types.
I don't think the last point is the case as they didn't demonstrate that level of understanding when they did the unmasking.

author=OzzyTheOne
An observation! I don't know how helpful it is, but Cerulean Spectre did not post at all last night, but all other heroes did, which essentially means that that's the one super hero name that no one has, due to the imposter not having a super hero name.

I know Cave didn't like this but part of me feels, yes this was obvious but you would say it in scum chat if you were scum. At the same time though I don't know why any town would say it?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
yes. scum would absolutely not want to hammer me there with how eager everyone was to kill me day 1, because of the fact that nothing from d1 would be resolved and might just repeat itself day 2, because of the fact that you kind of look *worse* if you vote town out of the game, and because of the fact that they lose an unmask attempt by killing me.

so far i'm seeing a lot of people with minor hesitations about voting ozzy but no actual cases on other players. the only actual cases that exist are 1. kf (not an option) 2. ozzy (me) 3. ae (me) 4. odd (planning for failure.) ozzy is the most compelling choice. make a really good case on someone else or put a vote down somewhere because we absolutely can't not execute.
author=psy_wombats
@Liberty: The only info scum gains by repeatedly unmasking Odd is who Odd is not. Killing town-Odd gives them another name that they know everyone else is not. What do you think scum's "plan" is here that killing him would stop?

No. They also get who odd is NOT. In a game where knowing who is and is not x mask, that information is vital to ruling people out as masks. The more they know about who odd isn't, the more they know about who everyone else IS.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
the mod has 15 posts and shinan has 7. in any just world he would be modkilled.
Sorry, I got bad news just now so I'm still a bit shaky and read that wrong.

The more they know about who anyone is, the worse for us. I also assume that masks don't get flipped through day kill since otherwise why would scum need to be so specific at night to call out the mask of the person in particular, though I'm just guessing that, I may absolutely be wrong.

Honestly, I'm happy with my vote on ozzy atm and I'm all for everyone lynching him. Not only do we take out a possible scum, but we also get to -1 unmask.
About to go to bed, here's my quick summary of my feelings; Psy and Cave are probably town and Odd is probably town as well barring 4d chess. I'm not feeling great about Ozzy, I just reread this:
author=OzzyTheOne
If I don't wanna vote someone I don't, I've also abstained on voting someone I was iffy on in previous games.

That really isn't how I remember my first mafia game (cave's game).

#lynch Ozzy

Piano is the other one I particularly don't feel great about, his votes changed constantly, I still don't like that he had time to update a chart but not to vote at the same time - I get accused of hiding behind maths, why does no one else find this scummy?

I also am not keen on Shinan, he needs to go at some point.

If the train builds on Ozzy and hammer happens before I am around tomorrow then a reminder to the impersonator, if you are town unless someone comes up with a better idea, DJ Hyperfresh should be your target as it should flush another scum identity out and roleblock their known power role.
author=Fomar0153
author=AlaskanEmily
Until he cancelled on Gourd and then left us 1 vote short on Cave at the end of the day but would scum have missed an opportunity to lynch cave?

Well...that is a good point. Contributing to the nolynch when he was around long enough to put in that cancel is not a good look, and as I said I'm hardly getting good vibes from him on any other point. I can get behind the Ozzy lynch.

I think the two main cases other than Ozzy would be Odd (although I think that's really best as a backup if we don't have any strong cases), and KF. I know CAVE is hesitant to lynch KF until hyperfresh is brought to justice, but I do think there is at least some reasonable suspicion there.

I think you've said this before, but I'd just like to confirm your reasons. Why do you specifically want hyperfresh dead? What does eliminating specifically hyperfresh do for us? I get that then to use unmasks scum would need a different spokesperson, but how is that better than having killed non-hyperfresh scum?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm not prioritizing killing hyperfresh. I'm not voting catfood, who is confirmed not-hyperfresh, until hyperfresh is dead.
OK, let's do a thing.

#cancel

#lynch Ozzy
Cave said before that he doesn't specifically want hyperfresh dead, he just wants to kill scum and mechanic ally kitten cant be hyperfresh. With that in mind lynching kitten has a statistically lower chance of hitting scum. I dont know why cave has to keep repeating that when he was the first one to even point that out. Makes him look pretty town to me. It's not a guarentee but there are players wh look much worse.

Ozzy isn't even here trying to defend himself. I still want odd and shinan dead but the case on him is strong.