[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I also agree that the best course of action to devoid scum of information would be to lynch Odd, but we should do some proper scumhunting before that and only resort to lynch Odd if we don't reacha consensus on anyone else.

I was actually scumhunting last day, I tried to scumhunt you and Demon for what seemed like a fabricated back and forth between you two CAVE. And yes, I was all about getting someone lynched, but then Demon revealed that he was Masons with Gourd, so I obviously cancelled my vote there as I believe his claim.

Also if I were scum I would've never missed the chance to vote on a CAVE bandwagon, even if it meant outing myself as scum.

Odd brought up earlier that mafia might've tried to frame him, I think Psy or Demon said the same before, but it's just as likely that mafia is trying to hide one of those Super Hero names as town. As for any leads for today, I don't like Shinan's sudden participation in the game. I will dare to meta-game and say that this is the first time I see him act differently and that leads me to believe that he might be scum.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Hrm, does lynching Odd really reduce the information that scum receives? To me it feels like lynching him gives scum more information, as now there is an asbolute certainty of what role(if any) and name is no longer out there.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
The "now" referring to the case that we should lynch him this day.
If they're PR hunting (and I think they are) they know that Odd is not one of the named PRs in their unmask attempt. If we kill someone today who is also not a PR, that gives them one less suspect, vs killing Odd, which gives them the same number of suspects.

If they actually do want to kill Odd eventually, it's now fairly easy to do so as they have 5 possible people he could be vs 9 for everyone else.

That said I think he's being set up.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i am not convinced by "I wouldn't miss the chance to vote cave." You were acting like I was your strongest scumread and then didn't have your vote on me at the end of the day in a game where, more than ever, scum benefit from not executing.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=OzzyTheOne
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
the chart allows for a possibility where is alive 9 town are alive. Oh I figured it out....JUST NOW. we would have to kill scum twice in a row while they killed nobody night 1. I forgot this could happen due to the lack of a traditional night kill. but you know who didn't forget: demonlord, and thats because he knows there's no traditional night kill, because it was in his role PM. and if he wants to rebuke this argument, I'm afraid the rebuttal will have to be at least 3000 words.
This post, I hate this post, it's so incredibly idiotic. Specially because of this part

I forgot this could happen due to the lack of a traditional night kill. but you know who didn't forget: demonlord, and thats because he knows there's no traditional night kill, because it was in his role PM.

Excuse me, but what? I don't know if you're joking in this post, but we can all read at the very start of the thread that there is no traditional nightkill. I really don't know what you're trying to imply here by saying Demonlord knows there's not traditional nightkill due to his PM, it's public knowledge that there is not traditional nightkill.

This post is the one that made me feel bad about the entire CAVE/Demon debacle earlier, this post is bad. And I am now deeply convinced that either one of CAVE or Demon is scum, or that both are scum and that them going at each other that early in the game was just for show. Because neither had a very good argument ont he other and knew that the hunt woudl quickly gravitate to other reads.

I'm gonna

#lynch CAVE_SCUM_IS_BACK

Burn in deadchat like the sucm you are.

what incredible conviction. this reads incredibly forced. would be weird if this guy didnt end up voting me. also, of course, he read that there was no traditional nightkill in his role PM. its basic science
If we mass-claimed right now we would have no room for mistakes we would have to lynch perfectly in order to win (so lynch scum; 9 town, 2 scum, unmask 4 leaves 5 town, lynch scum, 5 town, 1 scum, unmask 3, 2 town 1 scum for final day) we don't even know the super hero identities of two of the scum. If we do manage to whittle down scum it might become a valid strategy especially once they've narrowed down our possible identities a bit.

If the impersonator is town then they can stop DJ Hyperfresh every two nights, scum would lose their both their role stopper and their current spokesperson - meaning either scum withhold their unmasks or reveal another scum identity.

Also I want to check something with Jeroen but he'll be asleep by now, but it might be possible to use the name swithcer to our advantage if they've used their ability. It all hinges on whether it's:
swap Gourd Demon
or
swap Sailor Saturn Number 5
Yeah, uh, the mass claiming idea makes me uncomfortable. Fomar's analysis was helpful

I think killing an actual mafia member would be a lot better than killing odd even if he is town bc then scum has same amount of info and has gained no extra info from town lynch.

I dunno I'm also uncomfortable with the "even if odd is town we can kill him!" thing since we shouldn't be lynching anyone unless we think they are scum anyway. Ideally we *are* acting for the optimal situation where scum gets no extra info and we hit a scum member

Oh, hey, yeah also heads up: An imposter exists and until they don't exist all bets are off re: dirty scum identities. Like let's say kittenfood is the scum-imposter... They could steal the real hyperfresh's identity, post all the unmasks under that ID, and we'd all be thinking KF was provably innocent.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
well, in that specific instance, we know hyperfresh wasn't impersonated last night.
author=psy_wombats
Oh, hey, yeah also heads up: An imposter exists and until they don't exist all bets are off re: dirty scum identities. Like let's say kittenfood is the scum-imposter... They could steal the real hyperfresh's identity, post all the unmasks under that ID, and we'd all be thinking KF was provably innocent.

But they also role stopped which the impersonator can't do.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
CAVE, if you pay close attention you will see that shortly after I made that post Piano claimed that you were masons with Demonlord so I cancelled your vote because I thought there was actually soemthing behind that possiblity. My next vote was on Gourd, with me still thinking that you were a mason, until Demonlord outed himself as masons with Gourd, by which time I cancelled my Gourd vote.

I was still in the mindset of you being town because after going back through your posts (with the mentality that you were a mason) I did start to see that you were probably town.

Unless you have more questions, I'm gonna try put some reads out there. I definitely think that scum was trying to hide one of their Super Hero names in the Odd unmasking attempt, I don't think that Odd is scum, more like unhelful town.

I'm gonna read back and see if there's any player that has been flying under the radar.
Ah, I did miss that, that's good at least. In my mind at least that makes scum-imposter seem less likely.
Ok so Jeroen wasn't asleep yet.

Let me explain, I clarified that the name switcher chooses his targets by our names i.e. Fomar0153 so not Number 5.

author=Jeroen_Sol
1x Name Switcher
During day phase/twilight, via PM, may target two town players. From the next night onwards, these two players will have both their roles and superhero names switched. They will remain switched for the rest of the game. 1-shot.

So the two people who will have been swapped would be confirmed town and could claim "swapped" without as far as I can see jeopardising their secret identities. Obviously scum could counter claim but then they will be drawing attention on themselves. The potential flaw is if they haven't yet used the name swap and then one or two scum could claim swapped but hopefully all the investigation power roles would investigate them.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

My thoughts on Odd, I'm not against lynching him if we don't find a better candidate as I'm not convinced he's not scum and he only has four to six combinations left (12 supernames, take away 1 as he can't be Endlight, take away 3 scum identities, take away the four guesses if legit, add one if impersonator is town, add one if Englight is scum). But we should all remember everytime someone dies we all lose a combination.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
It feels weird to me that you would have such a strong townread on me as to not vote me when voting me avoids not executing. I don't think there's anyone in this town, even though I definitely read some people as town, that I wouldn't execute, besides the masons.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm really not liking kittefoods posts nor votes. She voted on every major vote train with her votes on Alaskan Emily and Gourd being fairly early on. Didn't give much of her own opinion on anything and just went along with everything anyone else said.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Fomar0153
Ok so Jeroen wasn't asleep yet.

Let me explain, I clarified that the name switcher chooses his targets by our names i.e. Fomar0153 so not Number 5.

author=Jeroen_Sol
1x Name Switcher
During day phase/twilight, via PM, may target two town players. From the next night onwards, these two players will have both their roles and superhero names switched. They will remain switched for the rest of the game. 1-shot.

So the two people who will have been swapped would be confirmed town and could claim "swapped" without as far as I can see jeopardising their secret identities. Obviously scum could counter claim but then they will be drawing attention on themselves. The potential flaw is if they haven't yet used the name swap and then one or two scum could claim swapped but hopefully all the investigation power roles would investigate them.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

My thoughts on Odd, I'm not against lynching him if we don't find a better candidate as I'm not convinced he's not scum and he only has four to six combinations left (12 supernames, take away 1 as he can't be Endlight, take away 3 scum identities, take away the four guesses if legit, add one if impersonator is town, add one if Englight is scum). But we should all remember everytime someone dies we all lose a combination.

too many ifs right now, and i dont like plans that hinge on scum having/having not done something. don't see how we could confirm this either.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
by confirm this i mean. our investigation roles don't seem capable of gleaning info about this.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oddrabbit i am going to, at some point, before heat death of the universe, want thoughts about what is happening in the game.
@ozzy Yeah, once cave was confirmed to not be a mason, you should have been willing to cote for him.

Fomar, sorry if I missed it, but can you tell me any reads that you have? So far I haven't seen much from you but game theory and bandwagoning. I don't necessarily think this is a scumtell for you but I'd still like to hear your opinions