[RM2K3] WHITE OVERLAY ON BATTLERS :(

Pages: 1
Hello,

In a 2k3 battle scene when one of the heroes is selected there is a white flashing overlay on him as a visual feedback. This overlay disapears when the player select attack or spell or whatever else.

But if the player choses to use the auto battle or if one hero is controlled by the AI since he will attack immediately the frame after he is ready the white overlay stays displayed on the hero.

Hard to explain but I guess this issue is well known by some people, here's a screenshot of it:

On the left, this is how it looks. On the right it is how it should look (no white overlay).

I'm using the unofficial 2k3 version so I don't know if the official one as the same issue.

Is there any ways to fix that?
I was thinking about a plugin since I'm using DynRPG because all I tried within RPG maker didn't work. (I even tried to make the attack command as a spell but strangely if a hero is under AI control it can still use the basic attack command even if it's not even available for him in the database.)
Hi Boulon ♥

I checked this out the other day for ya, and it seems like the white overlay, is something that's added to rpgmaker2003's BattleScreen Interface Type B and Type C by default.

You may want to ask Cherry if there is possible to fix, if not in DynRPG, maybe rpgmaker2003.
Thanks!
I've already asked Cherry stuff for my game by the past and he was very kind to help me but I'm a little concerned to ask him a favor again since he seems very busy since he started to work for the official version of 2k3. Ah well, I should try still..
An attempt to fix the problem. Let me know if it helps. Just drop into plugins folder.

{Link removed}

{EDIT: Didn't work}
OMG it's awesome! :o
I'll check this as soon as I get home and update you.

I just wanted to tell you thank you so much for your quick answer!!
Aww damn it doesn't seem to work. :(

I've dropped the dll file into the DynPlugins folder and tried auto battle. I see no difference. The overlay is still there.

I've tested with auto AI (database) and auto battle command too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqxjibdeerhpdsy/RPG_RT_FixBattlerFlash.ips?dl=0

If you have DynRPG v0.20+: Put into DynPatches folder. If not: Apply with Lunar IPS.

(Delete the plugin that I gave you before.)
This time it worked like a charm!

Thank you so much!! Seriously, through all these years you helped me several time with critical issues. I owe you several thanks for the end game credits. :D
... oh oh? Worked? Isn´t a better seen WHOSE turn is? Oh...
Pages: 1