YOUR ARTISTIC TOOLS

Pages: first 12 next last
What programs or tools do you use when your making you art/music/videos/ect?
Art-
Photoshop
Vista's New and improved Microsoft Paint (Pretty good actually)
iDraw3 chara maker

Music-
Anvil Midi Studio
Garageband
Fruity Loops
Reasons
Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer

Videos-
iMovie HD
Sony Vegas
Adobe Premiere
FinalCut Pro
Pinnacle studio

ETC-
Like what?
Sketchbook Pro, Photoshop, Painter. Occasionally Illustrator.

For video, I use Premiere Pro. I also use Pencil.

Also, Wacom Intuos 9x12
Wacom Tablet and Photoshop.

Does anyone here have the new Manga program (I forgot the name)? Is it worth putting on my Christmas list?
Paint Shop Pro
Photoshop
Sketchbook Pro
Artrage
Animation Shop

Wacom Tablet too. ^^
wacom graphire 4
mechanical pencil 0.5
sketchbook A3 given by my art teacher as a souvenir :o
Open Canvas
SAI (too bad it expired)
Photoshop 7.0

MS Paint for pixels
Imageready for animations
author=ankylo link=topic=2516.msg46652#msg46652 date=1227501898
paint, brushes, canvas

No programs at all sir?
MS Paint for pixels

You're doing it wrong. ;)

Even for pixel-art I think MS Paint is awful. ^^
author=Ody link=topic=2516.msg46985#msg46985 date=1227629977
MS Paint for pixels

Considering I really liked your pixel art, which of those programs do you use for it? Also, do you pixel-artists use your tablets when doing so?

This is something I know next to nothing about and would like to try getting into. : D
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Art:
Photoshop CS3 for regular coloring and digital image stuff. I actually don't use Photoshop very often because I don't like waiting for programs to load up.

Graphics Gale for when I need to layer something in a pixel art piece, need to use semi-transparent stuff, or want to zoom in more than 12x.

Character Maker 1999 is my main pixel art tool, I use this all the time. I love it, and I carry it everywhere. If I don't have my flash drive with me, I have it on my site. The palette on the bottom is incredibly helpful, as is the square/rectangle selection (all you need to do is right click on a space to copy your image, can't get better than that!)

Considering I really liked your pixel art, which of those programs do you use for it? Also, do you pixel-artists use your tablets when doing so?
Nope, I use a mouse for it. Go with a laser mouse if you have one.

On a blue moon, I'll use a mechanical pencil and a drawing pad and do drawings by hand.

Even rarer still, I'll use oil paints on a canvas and actually paint something. I think I'll try this sometime again, but it takes hours to finish a piece, so it's not something you can finish in a day.

Music:
For midis, I use Rhapsody. It's a very old program but I'll really familiar with it so it works nice enough for me.

Synthfont for converting to mp3.
author=Ocean link=topic=2516.msg47020#msg47020 date=1227641001
Music:
For midis, I use Rhapsody. It's a very old program but I'll really familiar with it so it works nice enough for me.

Yeah i've just started using this myself. It's quite easy to use and understand.
author=Ody link=topic=2516.msg46985#msg46985 date=1227629977
MS Paint for pixels

I use paint all the time,
I never ever used anything else ever again.

I used GIMP, Photoshop, Imageready, PaintShopPro, Character Maker, graphics gale, mtpaint, etc. etc. etc.
I hated all of them they are making things too complex for me, paintshoppro almost won but with 1 undo no thank you.

I just love paint, it's easier for me to do stuff. if I have to use layers I just copy paste it in imageready.
Yea I use paint for pixel art as well, to me it is extremely easy to use. iDraw3 chara maker is pretty good for pixels as well, but can only open certain types of images, which sucks.
which of those programs do you use for it? Also, do you pixel-artists use your tablets when doing so?

I use PaintShopPro 9, with a mouse (easier to zoom in and out, more precise...). I think there is no pixel-artist using a tablet. :P

paintshoppro almost won but with 1 undo no thank you.

Hu? ^^" Paint Shop Pro = 150 (default) undos, and you can configure it to have unlimited undos. PSP9 (9 because it was still a Jasc Software product, after the company was bought by Corel and it became more Photoshop-like) is great for pixel-art (and other types of creation) because it is really "light" (quick loading, installation needs 100mo), the tools are really useful (you can put an overall grid, markers, useful for chipset making!), the color pick is easier than in MS Paint, you can test various color changes... To sum up, PaintShopPro allows you to do more things (advanced pixel-art) and more quickly than MS Paint. In fact you're more productive. But of course, it needs a few time to get into the software, you have to learn the basics before.

By the way I find Photoshop too "heavy" for pixel-art, and many other softwares too light (if you're pixel-arting a lot you may find useful to have layers, etc.). It depends on what you want to make, of course.

PS: I always forget to write it but, if you find some very big mistakes in my posts, I will really enjoy if someone could just tell me about it (I'm trying to improve my english ^^), thank you!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Paint Shop Pro

Fruity Loops
Hardware
Nikon D-50
Pen and paper

Software
MS Paint
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Premiere Pro 3.0
Finale NotePad