WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

post=95909
Did you think the Alchemist was mindless for all the religiousness of it?

I didn't love the book, but I thought it was a nice little story.

No, actually I think its nice too... just I don't like it when lot of the story is based on coincidence. Maybe its just me, dunno.
Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote. I loved Breakfast at Tiffany's. Hear this is one of his lesser works (his first novel), but it ought to be a good read all the same.
post=96079
post=95909
Did you think the Alchemist was mindless for all the religiousness of it?

I didn't love the book, but I thought it was a nice little story.
No, actually I think its nice too... just I don't like it when lot of the story is based on coincidence. Maybe its just me, dunno.

Well, using the philosophy of the book, it's not coincidence. I think that was central to it all.
Currently reading The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks. It's a book my friend is lending to me for a while. It's pretty good so far. After finishing the series I'll probably start reading one of the (many) other books I have that I haven't read yet. School has pretty much killed my love for reading ;_;
This doesn't really count, but I just watched IT by Stephen King and I'm considering reading the book.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Bring your brown pants.
Other Voices, Other Rooms was supposedly about accepting homosexuality. I only got that after I read a quote by Capote pertaining to the subject. Wat. Definitely nowhere near as good as his other stuff. His images were all too crazy and abstract, long trifling paragraphs with too many metaphors. In the long run, it had more description than story.

And the Hippos Were Boiled in Their Tanks by Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs.
Into the Wild, forget the author, go google it you lazy punk
post=96735
Bring your brown pants.

That scary?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. Good stuff so far.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=98154
post=96735
Bring your brown pants.
That scary?

* Chaos nods slowly.

King is a fantastic horror writer.
the hobbit (but really it's an audiobook)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just finished reading Batman: Dark Victory. It was delicious!
post=98355
CALVIN AND HOBBES.
Me too! I have the hardbound 3 volume anthology.
Reading two more Murakami. Why is it the only thing I can read these days. There's only a few more books to read, and then I'm fucked.

On Afterdark right now. After the Quake, and his first two books are left.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Reading "Ark Angel" by Anthony Horowitz it's apart of the Alex Rider series. Also reading "Pendragon: Raven Rise" the second to last book. DJ MacHale is an awesome writer because he managed to keep me reading even after the eight previous books.
post=98161
Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. Good stuff so far.

I remember reading this when I was like 10, I loved it, even from a person who never really reads most american comics.
post=98373
post=98355
CALVIN AND HOBBES.
Me too! I have the hardbound 3 volume anthology.

I started collecting them a few years back and now I can proudly say that I own every single strip of Calvin and Hobbes.

All 3 Treasuries
All 4 Collections
And this one Homicidal Snowman book with strips that didn't appear in any of the other books.

YEAH.
Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

EDIT: Okay, maybe not. We've gotta read a non-fiction book for english. Going with On Writing by Stephen King, because it's one of the few non-fiction books I both own and am interested in.