[RM2K3] [RM2K] MIDI WON'T WORK IN RM2K/2K3 ON WIN 8.1?

Pages: 1
Hi, there!

I've been trying to get winmm - the default #0 windows midi synth to work on Windows 8.1; my attempts to use coolsoft's midi mapper have failed me, and I've found my way here.

Weirdly, RM2K/2K3 were working just fine not so long ago; I don't believe I've updated anything that would mess with winmm, but it doesn't work/render in winamp, either. Microsoft Synth does, however, so if I can just get windows to automatically point to that, it'd be ideal.

I've tried moving a working copy of winmm I use for Quake into sys32/sys64 but even with permissions temporarily granted (ownership taken) it won't let me? I'm at the end of my rope here, and any advice'd be appreciated, thanks!
Thank you kindly for the post, but as I'm sure you've noticed, I've already tried coolsoft's midi mapper (which is used with virtualmidisoft to replace the default midi device, but for some reason, doesn't work at all for me - with any soundfont!). I'd rather just replace the default midi 'codec' (though I don't think it's a codec, but rather an interpreter), winmm.dll.

Anyway, unfortunately, I actually - had all of those tabs open in a separate sessions, ahaha...

Thanks so much for trying, you were quite thorough. Hopefully someone with my same problem shows up, but I appreciate the lengths you went to!
Pages: 1