2021 GAMING DIARY

Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Update:

I'm gonna take a rest for a while. Maybe a week or two. All because of the fact that DMC 2 is such a bad game that it bored me to death. Talk about literal tanks that sponge damage (and do no damage).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Update time!

Xenogears
Just got to the last save before fighting Deus. So, I won't be too much longer, here. I kinda feel I whipped through Disk 2 a lot faster this time around than when I was doing the LP. Then again, when the LP was active, I needed to write about what's going on, even when in summary, and would tend to take some time to ingest and articulate.

Fate/Extella - The Umbral Star
At some point, I should return to the Dawn Arc. At least until the next Side-Story unlocks, and I can ramp bonds there. Not that I haven't been using Medusa's Side-Story to ramp up bonds, (I really like how she plays, okay?) but, the cycle is starting to feel a little stale.

The Outer Worlds
I started a write-up of the LP yesterday. I'll see how much I can do of it today, but, Darigaaz, I just wanna get off Monarch and go someplace else, already. Or maybe slow down a tad. I dunno.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
author=Vaccaria
Gib specs plox.

Looking at DirectX Diagnostics: ~2.9 GHz processor, 8GB of RAM, 4GB of memory on my GPU. Best of all, I don't think any of it's integrated if I need to swap parts out in the future. It's a Dell G5 model, grabbed off their site for a little over $800 USD. Everything I've played on it works like a charm, and even basic apps work a lot faster. Heck, even fussed with a PS2 emulator because, quite literally now, I could.

Wasteland 3
Played more, got burnt out, played even more. Party's 12th Level on average. Just cleared the mission after Angela Deth radio'd into the squad. The way I've been running things, the Marshals and Hundred Families hates my rangers' guts, while the Refugees absolutely adore us and the Bizarre likes us. Doing the right thing is easy, but not without consequences.

Am about to get more Bizarre lub, as Brygo's douche-canoe buddy is planning to swarm the place, and I'm hauling my crew there to snitch. Meanwhile, I also have a Lv-1 rad-resistant chassis for my hull and am gonna grab those old tapes in the Monster Party's old bunker. When I'm done there, time I crack down on the first of the Patriarch's kids.

La-Mulana 2
Finally caved and looked up a hint. Turns out I'm not supposed to fight Nidhogg just yet. Turned Lumisa's sights on Fafnir instead, who was a lot easier by comparison. Was able to explore the Divine Fortress and Annwfn without too much help. Am at a point where I need to run a small gauntlet to get to a mini-boss, and that specific mini-boss is hard to hit with my weapons. I'll figure something out.

Dragon Quest 3
Not as much progress as I'd first wanted. Trying to grind Nazreen as a Thief, but doing it with a save state. I'm not convinced this is worth the hassle it's being, as she has less MP and isn't dealing as much damage with the Sword of Seduction as I want. I'll bring her to Alefgard and see if she can survive. My first stop is apparently Cantlin, as a late-game armor for Thieves is there and she's stuck with crummy Black Clothes for now.
Marrend
The update you never expected.

Heaven's Gate MZ
I'm not sure what possessed me to replay this game. However, I played through it twice, using the New Game Plus feature I built into it, and it was a fun-enough experience. Perhaps, one of these days, I will get off my lazy butt and make another game.

Okiku, Star Apprentice
Again, I'm not sure what possessed me to replay this game. The game feels a touch dated, because this was before I started putting in Yanfly's messaging system, and Tuskihime's resource-checker as standard scripts. Still, utilizing the Wand of Blasting is as fun as it ever was.

*Edit: Since finishing Xenogears a few days ago, I'm kinda itching to get into another game. I mean, I'm still very much chugging along with The Outer Worlds and Fate/Extella - The Umbral Star. Still, I think I want a game that I can play outside of my Steam account.

Part of that process was looking at my virtual memory cards on PCX2. For full disclosure, Suikoden 3 and Breath of Fire 3 were calling to me. However, it is occurring to me that I might want to spend some time with RPG Maker games for a change. I'm having non-zero thoughts of putting up a thread to have people throw their games suggestions at me in this regard.
Marrend
Small update.

Suikoden 3
Yeah, I picked this up pretty much on the 30th. I've completed up to Hugo's Chapter 1. Say what you will of the combat engine being simplified, but, I really like this game's story. Even if the backtracking can be a pain in the neck, sometimes.

Fate/Extella - The Umbral Star
Finished the last main-line story mode, "Golden Poem" a few minutes ago. As such, I can call this "complete". Though, for full disclosure, there are side-stories I have not completed, I feel under no computation to complete them. Maybe if I find myself in a position to kill around 10-15 minutes, I might boot this up again.

The Outer Worlds
Taking a brief hiatus from the LP. I might try to start a session today, but, tomorrow feels more likely.
author=Marrend
Yeah, I picked this up pretty much on the 30th. I've completed up to Hugo's Chapter 1. Say what you will of the combat engine being simplified, but, I really like this game's story. Even if the backtracking can be a pain in the neck, sometimes.

?

I don't remember Suikoden 3 very well, but I do remember the combat system being exponentially more complex than both the games before it and even Suikoden IV (and arguably Suikoden V), with the pairing system, Rune casting delay times, the introduction of the Skill system, and all that jazz.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Wasteland 3
First of the Buchanan brats is apprehended! I took care of the Bizarre sidequests, recruited Scotchmo as a vet honorary ranger, and headed on out to Denver. Was gonna do a side-mission that came up but ehhhh... my team isn't ready for the Scorpitron yet. ._.

Quite a journey to get in the Gippers' and Machine Commune's good graces each. Though the Gippers are an obvious enemy faction, it requires a bit of reading between the lines (let alone knowing Wasteland 2's story) to realize the machines may not be as nice as they seem. So between fascists and commies (what a choice :v), my actions were somewhere in the middle. Holding God-President Reagan hostage at Ranger HQ means I've got the chuds on a leash.

Daddy Saul might not hate my crew's guts as much when I deliver his softer son to him unharmed. Well, not physically harmed. A lovely reunion will be had between father and son before long... in hell. >:3

La-Mulana 2
Ixtab doesn't joke around, but I played it safe. And managed to use up almost all my subweapons up till that point. Finding daddy dearest Lemeza's journals helped shed some insight into the game's worldbuilding, both for the impending doom that may occur and for explaining real-world mythology in the game's lore. Lumisa's hot on her dad and grandpa's trail.

Within the Immortal Battlefield, literally. That zone has been the most dangerous location I've found so far. I can't count the number of times I'd have to warp back to the surface to take a dip in the healing hot springs. Of course, it wouldn't be La-Mulana without a Chain Whip in the first lava area. Unlike the original, when you solve the puzzle to obtain the upgrade to the bullwhip? It only makes you think you're going to miss out on the item.

Seems Lumisa's got two boons over her father, both helping her get her better lash. First, her ability to crawl actually found practical use. Two, Elder Xelpud miiiight have given me a hint from beyond the fourth wall that she's more lava-resistant (if barely) than Lemeza was. Either way, new weapon get... and kinda surprised it gave me the Chain Whip so early. My other melee weapon is the Knife, which look kinda Egyptian on Lumisa's "paper doll" menu image. Neat.

Going Forward?
  • I know I still need to grind a Thief Nazreen upward in Dragon Quest 3, to see if the vocation change will be useful after all. If not, I'm probably loading the hard save when she was still a Priest, and continuing play from there.
  • Somewhere down the line, I've got some RPG Maker games in mind. The second scenario of Kainwork's Heroic Tale VALUE!, let alone GeaSaga. Both games seem underrated and under-acknowledged. I'm also interested in Frogge's Two Strangers series, let alone LavenderSiren's fan sequel.
  • For games to add to the list, I'm thinking The Dark Spire. It may be my favorite Wizardry-like, and I'd love to get farther. And make an RM game inspired by it someday. My computer should be able to handle Desmume without any issues.
Marrend
I personally feel the pairing system of Suikoden 3 was a peculiarity. Like, you're only inputting three actions across six characters. I appreciate the interaction of Unites with the pairing system. What I don't always appreciate is that selecting "Attack" (or "Auto") means, in some cases, that only one of a pair actually attacks while the other does nothing. Granted, for the most part, selecting "Attack"/"Auto" does what you expect, but, there are corner cases where that can happen.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but, the pair system sometimes comes off as annoying, and is taking control away from the player rather than adding a layer of strategy to the game. Which probably was the intent.

*Edit: Today feels like it's going to be busy. I might still try to start a session of The Outer Worlds, but, I don't know how far I'll get with it. That aside, I'm thinking about my post here, and playing more RPG Maker games in general.
AtiyaTheSeeker
So I kinda fell into quite the rabbit hole these past few days.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I remember getting the XBox 360 version at GameStop, during a midnight release. Fell back in love with the game on my PC. I have eighteen-and-a-half hours logged on Steam. I might have a problem. I might've burned myself out of the game for now. Time seems to slow down, and for someone with ISFP personality it's been a fantastical playground.

It's also been a blast to play as Raziya.

Right now I'm using like four mods, though nothing huge. All but one edit her Khajiit form in ways I like. One mod gave her rounded, big-cat ears. Another gave her better-looking plantigrade feet (and turned Fur Shoes into these weird spats when she wears them). The third overhauls all the dialogue prompts from her, making her speak in a very Khajiit fashion instead of the generic replies.

The only other mod is to give her that quarterstaff, fastened to her back by Vidja-Velcro™. The staves are made with firewood harvested with Woodcutter's Axes, and Smithing is required to unlock new versions. I wish there were tiered versions to find or buy, but I'd been plugging away at Smithing. Right now I have a steel-capped version, and can now make a moonstone-capped (AKA, Elven) one.

Balance-wise, I think they're pretty sound. Their base damage is slightly higher than any one-handed weapon, but much less than other two-handers. These babies swing at about the speed of a war axe, but have better reach than any vanilla melee weapon. Plus, the Skullcrusher perk for war hammers (the one that ignores some of a foe's armor) also applies to a quarterstaff!

Below will contain Raziya's current stats in Skyrim. Aside from the staves, I've used various weapons I've come across her claws to rip-n'-tear. I've played nothing else since last time, barring a game I've only played one session of for now. I don't have the DLC yet, but maybe eventually?

Raziya, Khajiit
Level 18 - Health 180, Magicka 160, Stamina 130 - Mage Stone

Imperial Legion (maybe), Bard's College, Companions (mayhap)
Quests Completed: 8 - Misc. Objectives Completed: 34 - Dungeons Cleared: 11
Days Past: 14 - Dragon Souls Vored Collected: 2

Combat Skills: Smithing 30 (Elven Smithing), Heavy Armor 32 (Fists of Steel), Two-Handed 42 (Skullcrusher), One-Handed 33.
Magic Skills: Destruction 26 (Dual Casting), Restoration 29 (Regeneration).
Stealth Skills: Light Armor 31, Sneak 38 (Muffled Movement), Alchemy 32 (Benefactor), Enchanting 35, Speech 33.

Weapons: Steel Quarterstaff (Superior) {ATK 20}, "Scepter of the Sun" Quarterstaff (Fine) {ATK 16, Fire Dmg +10}
Armor: Elven Helmet {DEF 18}, Leather Cuirass (Fine) {DEF 38}, Leather Bracer (Fine) {DEF 11}, Elven Boots {DEF 11}
Accessory: "Aura Ring" {MP Regen +13%}

Spells and Shouts: Flames, Healing, Fast Healing, Firebolt, Transmute, Unrelenting Force (FUS)

Marrend
Right! Let's have at a gaming update, then!

Breath of Fire 3
I think I started this Wednesday, and have been slowly hacking at it every so often. I'm at the McNeil manor, which has this...

...awesomely spooky track!

Suikoden 3
Up to Geddoe's Chapter 1 here with one recruit left in said chapter. I think I'm going to try to observe a reason why Geddoe would volunteer himself as the Flame Champion successor this time. Why he would want to bear that Rune?

Especially since he's been bearing the True Lightning Rune for 50 goodamn years!

The Outer Worlds
I'm getting really close to the end, here. The next post of the LP might be the last. I'm taking something of a breather from that, but, I hope to post in the thread by tomorrow? I guess we'll see!

In an effort to play more RM-games...

World Movers
I made some initial comments here, but, I ultimately think it's an okay enough game. I'm not a fan of missions being one-time deals, which makes the game a bit more of a puzzle than I would like. Still, it's a solid game.

Karma Flow - The Prototype
I already said this in my initial commentary, but, Darigaaz, this is a well put-together game! The Marty Rivers infomercials are a unique spin of the tutorial concept, plus, I love whatever song that is that plays during them! When it all comes down to it, I'm not at all surprised that it was featured!

Trash Planet
I had some initial commentary here, but, my overall impression is that it's an okay game. I absolutely enjoyed the humor. While I'm not a big fan of how scare items and money are, it's literally part of what the game is about. As it is, it's probably not for me, but, I would likely recommend it to people who enjoy a good challenge.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
1. Crusader Kings 2
I finished my game and let me tell you, these last few days were crazy. I was rushing to finish it and ended up playing way too much and thinking about the game constantly. I still have my head full of names of provinces and characters and I plan possible modifications for my next game in the are, which I would like to make an AAR of. Also, I might want to export this one in Europa Universalis. Fortunately, I don't have that game right now and it has 16 expansions plus cosmetics and I think I need at least five of these expansion to play happily. I'm going to write a post about my campaign at Paradox Plaza forum and maybe scout for some ideas, but I should take a break from CK2 for a month or two.

2. Dusk Child
A short and mildly frustrating metroidvania made in Pico-8. The good thing is that you can play it in your browser and if you support the dev, they give you a whole lot of cool extra materials. I appreciate the care and the game's small scope is quite inspiring for me. That being said, there are better platformers to play. Controls can feel a wee bit clunky and jumping with up is far from intuitive, especially with instant death. Graphics are a combination of cool statues and worse smaller objects. I think the game could be more polished in both ways. You can try it here.

3. Low Knight
Pico-8 demake of Hollow Knight. It's very pretty but extremely difficult to play. I adore the devs for trying to incorporate more complicated fighting combos but executing them is hell.

4. Minivania
A Minimalistic browser metroid clone without fight or anything exciting to hook you. It has solid presentation, but I got bored in about 3 minutes.

5. Signs of the Sojourner
I loved both the world-building and the soundtrack in this (I could listen to it on its own. It's ambient and captivating). It was a pleasant change to play a game in a dying world without Mad Max like marauders and extreme violence. Individual places you visit all have their unique atmosphere and they're filled with quirky characters. I could imagine a tabletop RPG based on this game being a very enjoyable one. The story is very captivating and although I wasn't able to uncover everything in my playthrough I was extremely excited every time I found out more about my mother or the world. There are some weaker or slightly repetitive dialogue, but that's caused by the nature of this game and its gameplay, which revolves around playing cards to advance dialogues and to get rewards. ​

I also downloaded The Disrupted Monarchs and I'd like to finally finish off WaUTaH. I'm was in the final dungeon, but my life led me away from games for a while. I'm also considering starting playing one of the games from my bucket list, but I'm super unsure if I really have time. But listening to a tabletop roleplaying podcast earlier today got me hyped to explore a proper fantasy realm. So, maybe it's time for Banner's Saga.
Marrend
Update time!

I totally forgot to mark my LP of The Outer Worlds as complete on this thread. This has been fixed.

Breath of Fire 3
About to go the the power plant, and eventually get Pico. I was missing the "Reverse" gene, but, I was able to backtrack to get it. I knew it was pretty close after getting "Defender", but, the exact location was a bit fuzzy. Like, I got "Thorn" after the rocket incident at Momo's Tower, and was like, "Wait, where the hell did 'Reverse' go?" XD

Suikoden 3
Currently in Chris' Chapter 2. After the events in Iskay, I'll have one character left to recruit. I really appreciate Chris' "bemused" smile the facial animations in this game, sometimes.

Borderlands 2
I played the original, and maybe a bit of this game, on PS3. However, I never quite managed to finish Boarderlands 2 for whatever reason. However, during the holiday sale on Steam last year, one of my brothers let me know that the Handsome Jack Bundle (which included this, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and a mess of DLC), was selling for about 10 bucks. Yeah, I totally snapped that up!

Anyway, I'm playing as a Siren. I'm still in the beginning of the game, so, my equipment probably isn't much to talk about. However, I'm liking the sniper rifle and pistol combo I've got going. The idea being to take out who I can with the sniper rifle, then switch off when things get into more close-quarters combat.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Alright, update time!

So, pretty much finished Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. Looking back now, I think that SK2's lukewarm reception was a bit too... over-the-top. While I could argue about how lazily implemented the whole 2.5D perspective of the game, it was the better game overall compared to something like Shinovi Versus. There was more stuff to go on, there was a lot more mechanics (as well as hidden mechanics like dash-jumping), and it nearly playing like Devil May Cry 3 on Turbo Mode.

If anything, I'd want to finish this game completely (100%) more because it has a lot more content to deal with (Special Missions and 'Yoma's Nest'; the Bloody Palace of Senran Kagura). And that's not to say the ton of stuff that SK2 has compared to Shinovi Versus (yes, let's ditch the whole demon concept AND THEN mechanically devolve the characters to just bland look-alikes in game).

Not only that, the game pretty much felt like it was worth it. It's a 3DS game that one can expect, but it gives a lot more than just physical fanservice. If anything, it felt like it was more heartfelt than what SV is overall. Oh yeah, how about we just assume that SV is just bad overall because of how much it drained EVERYTHING just for the sake of, say, the developers giving in to fans that Yumi's timeline is canon, instead of the one they intended. FOR CONTINUITY'S SAKE.

Talk about getting lambasted to non-canon timeline, yikes.

Demotivated. But I'm going to finish it either way. Least I'm not gun-spamming. Maybe.

I'm going to continue along with the Senran Kagura series and finish DMC 2 before the year ends. Speaking of which, I might as well put my Japanese studies here as a sort of 'side-dish'.

Or not. I'm struggling already on the basic expressions. I can read the characters but not the tone yet. :P

Oh and I also finished Kyonyuu Fantasy but let's assume I didn't say that, okay?
Marrend
Borderlands 2 is kicking my butt. The fight against Boom Bewm was hard enough, but, I must've respawned at least five times against Flynt. Probably more like seven, but, the fact that I lost count is bad enough. I think my latest attempt was the closest to getting him, and I think what aggravates me the most is that I probably could have gotten him if I noticed earlier that the weapon I was using at the time was running low on ammo, and I needed to use something else.

I'll give the game another shot (pun intended) eventually. Still, I'm starting to wonder if difficulty might have been the reason I dropped Borderlands 2 when I played it on the PS3. ;_;
AtiyaTheSeeker
Ahhhh maaaaaan, there's a link picture on the header nowwwww. I actually feel like I need to updaaaaate this. D:

I shall do so tomorrow. I don't like double-posting even if it's probs okay here. Been mostly playing Skyrim, but I can comment on some Wasteland 2 and other games I've played?

EDIT: Vaccaria, holy cow, those are some awesome ways to present the games you're playing. I might have to up my ante but for now, I adore those images you made. <3
I've been playing a lot of Valheim lately. It's a lot of fun. 37 hours so far, it's only been out like one or two weeks.

Other than that, I rotate around 7 Days to Die and Stardew Valley - depending on which friends are available.
Marrend
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Ahhhh maaaaaan, there's a link picture on the header nowwwww. I actually feel like I need to updaaaaate this. D:

I know, right? XD
AtiyaTheSeeker
Time for a big old update. Hang on tight!

Dragon Quest 3
I'd decided trying to turn Nazreen from a Priest to a Thief wasn't worth it. As such, went on down to Alefgard with my team as-is. Thank goodness I only tried to grind Thief Naz with a save state. I got lost after buying some new swag from Ludatorm (I prefer Tantagel, the English localized name), so trying to find my way from there. It's cool to see the Silver Shield from the first Dragon Quest is pretty high-tier in the prequel game.

Wasteland 3
Not as much progress as I'd hoped. Got sidetracked from reporting in to the Patriarch after successfully capturing Valor unharmed, let alone screwing over the Gippers and not surrendering their god-president AI to the Machine Commune. I'm currently tending to a distress call from someone calling themselves Morningstar. He's trapped in the basement of a place overrun by melee-happy cannibals. Clearing out the welcome wagon, I got one of them to surrender and shanghaied him into the Rangers as a sign of mercy. Fish-Lips doesn't seem such a bad guy after all, and I'd love to replace Scotchmo with him as my melee companion.

Now granted, I did pull off the rescue and did some stuff after. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter. Not only did I forget to do a hard save when I ended the game session, but apparently WL3 doesn't auto-save by default. I lost at least an hour of progress, with my last save being a quicksave right before rescuing Morningstar. I don't wanna spoil the surprise of who the hostage is, so I won't. At least, not yet.

Below are the stats of my squad at the time of my quicksave. They're within screenshots, with some brief commentary below them.

I hardly get use out of the Ion Blade on her back these days. Plus it's easier to just vaporize foes with her plasma gun than waste energy cells on the Shrink Ray I still have. She's running low on cells for her Phase Blaster right now though, so I'd used a spare Army Revolver otherwise.

That crossbow on his back counts as an Automatic Weapon somehow. SMGs just seem better than assault rifles in Colorado than ARs were in Arizona and California (AKA, Wasteland 2). Hadn't used Rally as often as I used to.

Yes, he is baby-faced without a mask or helmet. His normal sniper rifle is a Red Dragon, but the damage from that Neutron Projector is obscene. For a sidearm he's got a Click 19, a handgun. Just like his WL2 version, I can shoot his sniper rifle and his pistol on the same turn if I devote his Action Points to shooting alone.

Her unarmed attacks aren't the same as before. I haven't used Shaolin Surprise in a long while, and 3 AP for her Sawblade Cestus has been noticed compared to weaker knuckles' 2 AP cost. Even so, the weak damage of each punch is terrible this far in the game. She's currently a highly-mobile medic and a body shield, and is pretty helpful at being both.

Though I may bench her for a bit to tag in Private Jodie Bell, she's been a mainstay and an asset to my team since the start. Built Lucia toward dealing single-shot damage with her revolvers, making her a beast at close range. She's also built to charge up her Strike Meter quicker, letting her do called shots for debilities and damage alike.

My sixth slot has been a revolving door. Kwon's ARs and HMGs fell out of favor, and the Marshals have hated my guts for a long time, so I swapped him out. Scotchmo hasn't been that useful lately, as his shotguns deal weak damage even to a group of enemies. What's more his melee fighting, boozed up or not, make him a liability in spite of my efforts. This slot is probably going to Fish-Lips, the melee-crazed cannibal that I mentioned earlier.

La-Mulana 2
Kujata, guardian of Annwfn, has bitten the dust! That big-ass cosmic cow has some body horror going on with it, and the fight took a few tries, but I won. Apparently in La-Mulana 2, the game quicksaves right when you begin a boss fight (but not for mini-bosses). It allows you to quickly try again if you get dead. Which I did. Many times.

Had been tracking down Daddy Lemeza's studies, with more worldbuilding given to the previous game and this sequel. Given the stronger Norse myth inspiration for Eg-Lana, it's strongly implied that the opening of Eg-Lana may bring about the end of the world. The otherworldly (and probably extraterrestrial) Mother, final boss of the first La-Mulana, was written with a lot more malice.

After some more mucking around Eg-Lana, finally found my way to the Shrine of the Frost Giants. Apparently my next step is to fight the boss of this new area. That said, the mini-boss is in two phases and seems to gate further progress. Eg-Lana feels much more linear than La-Mulana was, but there's still plenty to deduce within each area, and backtracking is still necessary.

Two secret weapons may come in handy. First, with more than 200 coins obtained recently, I was able to go topside and purchase the Pistol. This baby's a big eff-off revolver that deals obscene damage. However, this is offset by the fact that one can't find more ammo for it. You can only purchase boxes of ammo from the village, giving a max of twelve rounds at a time (and you need to reload from the inventory after the first six), and they ain't cheap. Second, there's a healing spring in the Immortal Battlefield. For 50 gold Lumisa can recover HP there, which also lets her "overheal" to temporarily gain more HP than her max would allow.

Below is a screenshot of Lumisa's paper doll, alongside all the goodies found and areas unlocked thus far.

Arsenal: Chain Whip, Knife, Shuriken (x24), Rolling Shuriken (x18), Earth Spear (x0), Pistol (Ammo 0:5), Buckler, Ankh Jewel (x1)
Relics: Djed Pillar, Glove, Gale Fibula (not equipped), Shell Horn, Holy Grail, Freya's Necklace (with only the healing fairy unlocked), Frey's Ship, Mobile Super X3 (1k Memory)
Bosses Obliterated: Fafnir, Kujata (Guardians), Ixtab, Cetus (Room Guards)

Played this for a week. Almost 28 hours, according to Steam. Did part of the main quest, getting up to High Hrothgar. Still not sure if I'm gonna join the civil war, but apparently I can get the Imperials and Stormcloaks to kiss and make up. Y'know, if I get that far in the main quest.

Still plugging away at Smithing, and can't wait to make and improve Scaled Armor. I've used heavy armor (let alone unarmed attacks) very little after I got Fists of Steel for Raziya's claw strikes. Whoops! Mostly sticking to her staves, Fast Healing, Firebolt and Unrelenting Force for fighting. Now and again I do stealth, and have sniped with looted bows before to start fights. I'm tempted to make / keep and maintain a bow of her own. Am eager to learn more Shouts. Apparently I'm leveled enough to handle Dawnguard now, so I may pick that up sometime?

As for quests themselves, been sticking around Whiterun and Solitude. I have found Morthal and wanna hang at Riften, but wanna worry about the Solitude quests first. No clue if I wanna bother with Windhelm, but Winterhold may be fun to get better spells from the Mage's College? Raziya had also gotten an invitation to the museum at Dawnstar, so I may as well stop by sometime, no?

As this entry's already huge as-is, I won't give her stat block below this time. But I did make this for r/SkyrimMemes.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
February, part 2:

6. Simmiland
This is a neat card driven god simulator from Sokpop. Sessions are short and figuring out things is pleasant. It's an easy game to pick up and play for a while. There's a good balance between advancing your civ and getting your peeps too religious. Basically, if they build a church, you can't progress any further. I hope I'll manage to play more strategies and games from Sokpop in upcoming months as they're usually full of fresh ideas and have heartwarming presentation.

7. Deep Sky Derelicts
The game is overall average. Hand management is far from tight and despite a good amount of character customization, the flavour is bland and the setting looks like a missed opportunity (dialogues are the worst part. There's nothing grabbing about them). The game lacks a personality and the presentation could be way more better with nicer UI and a bearable font choice. Overall, spending few hours with was fine, but I had no need to finish the game or to continue after my first (very random) game over screen.

8. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2: Retribution
I played some matches with a friend of mine and the game's as fun as it used to be years ago (I played without the expansion back then). RTS is focused on your troops and upgrading them instead of on building an infrastructure. This shift in focus results in individual skirmishes being quick and thrilling. I also played two campaign missions and got bored there quickly. I probably will return to this to play more multiplayer with friends.

AtiyaTheSeeker
Dragon Quest 3
Finally got back into this! Explored south Alefgard, finding the Cave of the Crags. It was a maze, and not much useful stuff was found. A free Wizard Ring for Maia is also helpful, but I also found two cursed items that I ultimately sold: the Sword of Destruction and Demon Armor. I'm told the svord can be a high-risk, high-reward weapon, but it was hardly better than Jengo's Demon Axe. I also stuck with giving Raziya a Frost Blade soooo...

...I did get one of the things needed to fight Zoma though. In a swamp shrine, I was given the Rain Staff, as well as cool backstory clarification for Raziya. I think there's a cave there in DQ1, so I dunno how it became a sinkhole dungeon in that time. Eh. Interesting Hauksness / Domdara isn't in ruins yet, and I found a chunk of Orichalcum in the stables. Everyone's lazy due to dread in Mercado, but I did find the guy who'll make them a Golem in the future.

My main task from here is to sail to the east of Alefgard and get to Kol. More than one hint was obtained. But before I venture, had to stop back at the topside world. A dancer apparently ran from Ashalam to Hauksness (not my first pick for moving out). Telling her old boss at the dancing parlor that she's safe, we got a Magic Bikini that gives a surprisingly high DEF to girls. Seems Maia's gonna be teasing Raziya from here on out. :3

Also, Raziya can now cast HealAll, and Maia can cast Firevolt. Both are incredibly potent!

La-Mulana 2
Did some backtracking, including finding the Mantra app! Chanced it by fighting Nidhogg, and managed to cheese him with the Pistol. Three direct shots ended him, though I missed with one of the rounds. Welp, now I need to save up 500 more coins for extra ammo. I'll live.

Beyond Nidhogg's arena is the Icefire Treetop. However, an icicle blocks the ice path within, and I ain't swimming through lava yet to see the fire path. I also think there's a pool of either freezing water or "poison lava" (yes, apparently that's a thing) at the start of the ice path. So I think I'll leave that be for now.

I forget where, but I also picked up the Birth Sigil? I do recall exploring the Immortal Battlefield and finding new stuff, so maybe? Looking elsewhere to find untapped Birth Seals, I found more mantras and explored more places. Good news is that, with aid from a healing fairy, I was able to beat the Shrine of the Frost Giants' mini-boss. She starts as three different projectile-spewing witches, then combines into a big monster. Once I stopped going aggro, I figured out her attack patterns and beat her by keeping safe.

Sadly, there's nothing useful beyond her boss room for now. As far as I can tell, I have to fight and kill Jormungand in the Divine Fortress. I know where he is, but not totally sure how to get to him. That's for next time.

Also, enjoy a screenshot I found in the Shrine of the Ice Giants. There are big ol' yetis and little snow-pluff monsters. Skeletons say the darnedest things, no?

Interesting little session! Raziya has a canon birth date, March 10th, but I dislike the birthsign she'd have in Elder Scrolls. Thus, bumped her over to Hearthfire (September) instead of Rain's Hand (March). The Lady is a birthsign I liked from Oblivion, anyway.

I say this because I'd picked up the game in 9th of Hearthfire. Cleared out the crypt for the Burning of King Olaf quest during the 8th into the 9th. Found it funny that an Expert locked door guards a Master locked chest within. Luckily, I think whoever drew the lock model made subtle hints to help players pick locks. The various dents and smudges on the lock itself make useful "starting points" when you break a lockpick and try again. Makes deducing the sweet spots easier for me.

With the ruined missing pages of the poem found, I went back to Solitude and, on her birthday evening, she officially became a bard. Her silver tongue let her convince Viarno to BS some of the poem, thanks to my good Speech rank. I had her persuade him to consider the corrupt Olaf and the wicked dragon Numinex be one and the same in his rendition. Because the true words were lost to time and mold, a little artist liberty is acceptable, right?

I hope that Black Briar Reserve she drank for her birthday wasn't needed for a quest. One bottle of potentially-quest-related booze here? A bottle of spiced wine for the Burning of King Olaf Festival there? One drinking contest with Sam Guevenne after? At the end of the day, Raziya's got one hell of a hangover in Markarth to deal with!

Her stat block right now is below, for any interested.
Raziya, Khajiit
Lv 23 - Health 200 (230) - Magicka 160 - Stamina 160 - Mage Stone - Bard's College

Factions: Bard's College; am considering Companions and Dawnguard
Quests Completed: 11 - Misc. Objectives Completed: 45 - Dungeons Cleared: 15
Days Past: 24 - Dragon Souls Collected: 3

Combat Skills: One-Handed 34, Smithing 42, Two-Handed 51
Magic Skills: Destruction 31, Enchanting 37, Restoration 34
Stealth Skills: Alchemy 37, Light Armor 40, Lockpicking 45, Sneak 45, Speech 41

Weapons:
* Elven Quarterstaff (Superior) - ATK 25
* "Scepter of the Sun", Quarterstaff (Fine) - ATK 17, Fire Dmg 12
* "Faithless Pole", Steel Quarterstaff (Superior) - ATK 21, Magicka Dmg 10

Armor:
* Scaled Armor (Superior) - DEF 53
* Scaled Bracers (Superior) - DEF 17
* Ring of Recharging - Magicka Regen +40%
* Gauldur Amulet Fragment - Health +30

Spells: Flames, Healing, Fast Healing, Firebolt, Transmute, Oakflesh
Shouts: Frost Breath (Fo; still locked), Kyne's Peace (Kaan), Unrelenting Force (Fus-Ro), Whirlwind Sprint (Wuld)

Upcoming Games?
With this coming event, I wanna play more RPG Maker games and write reviews of them. With that, I know I wanna complete the second half of Kainwork's Heroic Tale VALUE!. I'd completed the main scenario, which the original Heroic Tale contained, but wanna do the second adventure added in the remake.

Heck, I might even get around to Corfaisus' Tales from Zilmurik. I have it purchased from Steam, but haven't delved into it yet. If Parasite Eve is around the same playtime, then Zilmurik shan't be a hassle.