[RMMV] PLAYTEST STOPPED WORKING

Pages: 1
I use windows 10. The playtest randomly stopped working, along with testing battles. If I click on it, nothing happens. I don't get any error messages, it just does nothing. No matter how many times I clicked it won't work, I have reloaded the program and reloaded my project. Playtest has been working up until a few minutes ago. This has happened before. Is there any way to fix this without re-installing?
Is this a legal version?
Do you have the most recently updated version?
Have you installed any suspect/new programs on your PC that might cause any issues?

You might just need to reinstall.
The playtest button does nothing if the game is already running in the background.
But on the other hand you can press F5 in the running game window to reload after saving in the editor.

If you can't find the running game window, look in task manager (it's possible for the game to still be running with no open windows, though rare to hit this bug)

If none of this works, try restarting windows.
Yes, it's the legal version. No, I checked with 'Task Manager' and there was nothing there. Like I said, I already quit and restarted the program many times. I even checked after restarting my computer.

Could reinstalling mean losing my character generator parts?

I could just reinstall it, this happened before. I want to find out if I lose any of my generator parts first. Should I copy the folders and paste them back in?
Yes, any generator parts you added to the program would need to be added again after reinstallation. Because they are stored in the program folder itself, rather than your projects.

(Except steam DLC parts, which are added automatically if you're using the steam version)
author=coelocanth
Yes, any generator parts you added to the program would need to be added again after reinstallation. Because they are stored in the program folder itself, rather than your projects.

(Except steam DLC parts, which are added automatically if you're using the steam version)

Okay, why did it delete the install file? Where would I get another one?
Will I need to insert my product key again?
Pages: 1