STEAM DECK!

Pages: 1
My first thoughts when I saw the Steam Deck announced were, nice! I can get some playtesting done on the go. (as if I need to spend anymore time in Rpg Maker).

How many of you are thinking of getting it as well? If done well I think it could be pretty rad. There's also the bonus of being able to play other steam games as well.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Prinnyhero
My first thoughts when I saw the Steam Deck announced were, nice! I can get some playtesting done on the go. (as if I need to spend anymore time in Rpg Maker).

How many of you are thinking of getting it as well? If done well I think it could be pretty rad. There's also the bonus of being able to play other steam games as well.
I haven't had any desires of buying consoles or handhelds since the Wii era, but I am feeling positively excited about the steam deck! I may save up to buy the basic version, since anything bigger than that would be too unaffordable, but yeah, for the first time in many years I feel a bit hype. It would be kickass to be able to play any game I want from my library on the go, and who knows what marvelous loopholes people will find, how much it could be modded to support emulators from other consoles, and apps, and things!
The Steam Deck seems okay, but at lower price I could get one of them Oculus Quests. On the whole it seems Deck is the way to get hardcore strategy games portable since there is just a massive dearth of those on mobile even though in many ways they are perfect for it. But I'm not sure I have the money to spend to play Hearts of Iron 4 in my bed.
Yeah that price tag is a little hard to stomach, but like Mirak, I also have not been interested in any consoles for some time but this one seems pretty epic. The steam library I think is one of the most impressive and robust.. add also the possibility of rpg maker games on the go (even older ones) is where this shines the most.
I hope it will be a fine piece of hardware right away and no version two after a year.
Pages: 1