[RM2K3] THE DREADED MAP TREE ERROR, BUT WITH SOMETHING ELSE...

Pages: 1
So this is the second time I've received the map tree error on the same game. You'd think I'd have learned to make backups but unfortunately I didn't this time around. Anyway, I followed the instructions on this site like I did last time: I replaced the corrupt .lmt and created the same number of maps as I had and then moved them all into the game folder. This is what I did last time to fix it.

This time I ran into an issue with what seems to be the database. Basically, the entire database is blank. No characters made (arrays all at 1) no enemies, no tilesets loaded. The resources are still there but it appears my entire database seems to be absent/lost. All the maps are intact but have no chipsets loaded so they are all black fields.

I know I didn't replace the .ldb file so I'm wondering what caused this and if my .ldb was somehow corrupted along with the .lmt. Am I screwed?

Edit: the game has also become unplayable when accessed from the RPG_RT launcher. Error states it is attempting to access a file that does not exist.
Sorry to hear, that sucks.

I've had an error like this on two separate occasions. One was when I preemptively closed the laptop while rpg maker was in the process of saving data. The other was when the battery of my laptop died and the maker was open.

@Eliminator
Do you still have a copy of the game before you tried replacing any files, while it's still corrupted? If so, I might be able to still help you. I have an old program Cherry made a while back then for fixing map tree errors. PM me, and let me see if I can help you :)
author=KoopaKush
@Eliminator
Do you still have a copy of the game before you tried replacing any files, while it's still corrupted? If so, I might be able to still help you. I have an old program Cherry made a while back then for fixing map tree errors. PM me, and let me see if I can help you :)

I made a copy as a backup but after the error occurred. As I mentioned, I no longer can play the game when I opened my laptop. I don’t have a copy before this occurred but I do have a copy before I started messing with trying to fix the map tree error. I do believe that the cause was my laptop battery dying when I forgot to close the maker. Would you still be able to help me?
author=Eliminator
I made a copy as a backup but after the error occurred. As I mentioned, I no longer can play the game when I opened my laptop. I don’t have a copy before this occurred but I do have a copy before I started messing with trying to fix the map tree error. I do believe that the cause was my laptop battery dying when I forgot to close the maker. Would you still be able to help me?

I'd be willing to give it a shot, I just might be able to fix it :)
author=KoopaKush
author=Eliminator
I'd be willing to give it a shot, I just might be able to fix it :)

Sweet! I’m not at a place where I have Internet on my laptop, but when I get home in the next day or so I’ll PM and try to send it over.
Here is the problem I'm having. This is after the map tree error has been fixed:

https://imgur.com/a/2a50GsL
Well, if anybody was paying attention...

I was lucky enough to find a backup I made years ago. I happened upon the exact thumb drive that contained the backup, which I was able to salvage from a computer which no longer runs. I took both the ldb and lmt files and replaced them in the corrupt folder and everything was fixed.

Even more fortunate is the fact that I hardly lost any progress from doing so. Just a few lines of dialogue and a scene.

Both ldb and lmt in this case were completely corrupted. Even with the map tree break (lmt issue), the ldb was the reason my entire database was deleted. If I didn't have this thumb drive, I would not have been able to get the ldb and lmt which is all I needed. Not having the lmt is cumbersome but fine since I'd have to fix the map tree break the hard way. But not having the ldb would have meant my game was forever deleted from existence.

Thank the Heavens!
I'm so glad you ended up saving your game my friend! Must feel very good and but also more aware now to always be backing up your files weekly or so :D
Pages: 1