A WEIRD THING I NOTICED ABOUT VTUBERS

Pages: 1
What's up with V tuber girls hyperventilating so often when playing games.

I've been watching normal female let's players like Lucahjin and MasaeAnela for years and I can't recall a single time where those girls started breathing heavily.
Yet V tuber girls hyperventilate all the dang time. Am I right that this is odd or is hyperventilating while playing a game more common than I think it is?
Different people have different reactions to games. Like, are they playing horror games and got jump-scared? It'd be weird if they hyperventilate while playing a minigolf game vs being terrified of a horror game or laughing their ass off when playing with friends or reading chat comments.

Context really matters.
I rarely watch people play horror games. The one I just watched was a V tuber named Irys playing Megaman X. She was fighting a boss. The person I've noticed it most with is Pikame I'm pretty sure she's had that rapid breathing reaction while playing various Mario games. But I've definitely seen other V tubers hyperventilate as well. Like although I don't watch Ironmouse much I for sure recall her doing that as well, I believe it was while she was interviewing someone.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
It's good to remember virtual youtubers are human entertainers playing anime characters, and so they play anime character tropes too, one of which is performing like if their emotional output reflected over 200% what they are currently feeling, much like any of the most "effervescent" youtube personalities out there.

They need to entertain a specific audience and hamming up reactions to stimuli is only one of various methods they have for achieving this (so in a horror game for example, a jumpscare that would commonly elicit a reaction like "aHH how scary!" becomes "AHHH SO SCARYYYYYYY! *gasp gasp gasp* WAITWAITWAITWAIT AAAAH TOO SCARY TOO SCARY LETS RUN AWAY LETS RUN!" because that is more interesting to watch from a show perspective). Vtubers shouldn't be your main go-to for let's plays if you're looking for genuine human reactions. Not saying they cannnot be found in the vtubing scene, but it will always be attached to and be subjected to the characters personality traits themselves so if you're watching someone like pikamee, subaru, pekora, etc. it's expected you'll hear a lot of loud shrieking, high pitch screaming, "energized" reactions and exaggerated emotional outbursts because that's their character.

If you want less of that but still want to watch a vtuber, try watching one of the ones with the "calm" personality trait, like Okayu, Noelle, and uhh those are all I know sry.
Pages: 1