[RM2K] GW BUT ALSO OTHER ADJACENT COMMUNITIES BECAUSE WHO THE HELL USES RM2K ANYMORE CHAINGAME

Pages: 1
Hello all,

Me and a couple of people from another community (GamingW / SaltW) are looking for people who would like to participate in a Chain Game.

I'm about 65% done with my portion of it, and we have at least two others that would like to participate.

Engine: RM2k

Rules:

Time Length

Each person will be given around two weeks of time to work on their section of the game. The length of each section doesn't need to be that long. At the bare minimum I'm thinking about 30 minutes for each section of game.

Assets

Assets should be either public domain (opengameart or itch.io has some good stuff to use), you have the rights to it, or should be made by yourself / a talented friend / loved one. No FF4 / Super Mario Rips.

I'll put a list of assets that you can use here later.

Saving

Instead of doing save points, I'm just going to make it so that you can save anywhere. You can disable the menu / save during cutscenes if you would like. But for the most part it should just be turned on and available.

Combat

Combat is not a requirement. If you do put monsters in, try to make them balanced. I'm also going to put in an easy mode at max level for those who wish to avoid being murdered in random encounters. You could also just make your section a really long cutscene or a series of minigames. It's totally up to you.

Story

There's no real requirements as far as story goes. There's a basic outline:

Person is going after an item called the Maker's Mark which is kind of like an all powerful scroll that allows them to make any kind of world that they have in their heads. It's been lost in a series of underground tunnels called The Forums in a land called The Gaming World. Goal is to find the Maker's Mark so that you can bring the joy of creation back to the universe. Or keep it all for yourself. Or destroy it.

It's meant to be light hearted. It's okay if it's not Shakespearean in execution, just a game put together for the fun of putting together a game. Feel free to put in humor of any kind, but make sure that it abides by the rules outlined in server-info .

Participants:

1.) @dosmaen (Intro / Chapter 1 / QA / Ending)
2.) @pigeonade
3.) @Deckiller
4.) @CriticalFailure
5.) Pianotm (RMN)
6.) Bitmap Kid (GW Forums)
7.) Sidewinder (rmn)
8.) Ellie

Ragnar (also from GW) is doing music.

If you would like to be in the game, but don't want to make a part of the game feel free to make a sprite (https://jetrotal.github.io/EasyChar/) and post a line of dialogue. I'll throw you in somewhere.

Screenshots:

(title screen is subject to change, and may be worse depending on whether or not I can get Aseprite to not crash when I am trying to work with text.)
I've never done a chain game before, but I'm okay at using 2K's RTP.

If it's being made in the steam version, I might be interested in joining up.
The steam version is what we are using, yeah. :)

If you would like to join, let me know where you would like me to slot you in (later chapters or earlier).

Here's some more screenshots:

And an updated title screen
author=dosmaen
If you would like to join, let me know where you would like me to slot you in (later chapters or earlier).

Is chapter 7 still free?
are you resistins me?
author=Sidewinder
author=dosmaen
Is chapter 7 still free?

Sure, I can reserve that one for you.

author=kentona
are you resistins me?

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Fine, put me down for five.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'm just surprised there's anything left of GW.
Yo, put me down for number 4. Thanks!
author=pianotm
Fine, put me down for five.
Will do! Thanks for joining in.

author=halibabica
Yeah, there's a small gathering of people from The Olden Days over on a discord and we're trying to rebuild everything else but it might take a while.

If you want to stop by, it's discord.saltworld.community or https://discord.gg/W5WbAmMz.

author=TigerClawTV
Yo, put me down for number 4. Thanks!

Will do. I appreciate you join in on the fun. :)
author=dosmaen

Thank you very much.

I've got a general idea of what I want to do, would I be allowed to start making some RTP edits now? Or, will that not be allowed until it's my turn to go?
author=halibabica

refugees asking for chain game aid
author=Sidewinder
author=dosmaen
Thank you very much.

I've got a general idea of what I want to do, would I be allowed to start making some RTP edits now? Or, will that not be allowed until it's my turn to go?

Working on art / resources would be fine. Also a good time to come up with any sort of minigame that you want to include.

author=Darken
author=halibabica

yeah unfortunately not too many people in GW making RPG Maker games. but at least they are able to help out with some music and graphics, which is nice.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Darken
author=halibabica

click
clack!

click
clack!

That's the sound of a man, workin' on a chain...gaaaAAAAaaaame!
Chapter 1 has been finished and shipped off to Pidgeonade. :)

Here's the intro:

Just to let those interested know, the project has reached the hands of @Deckiller. So we're moving right along. Chapter 2 is very Earthboundy and has some awesome monster designs.
I still RM2k. People seem like they don't really get at what its' good at doing because 2003 up is a lot coined 'better'. >_> Those maps are looking pretty decent. Have you thought of adding shadows by eventing on the mountains? Or maybe making an event that has a sun effect as a battle animation that plays over everything as a parallel process? Ideas!!
I'm not 100% aware of the past of GW/SaltW outside of Barkley + cboyardee and his friends and how it was a huge hub for RM2k/2k3 nonsense and also people got into a lot of drama with GGZ but I'm sending you my spirit bomb energy if possible. Collaborative jokey efforts are super good and fun and great
i will post a big update soon as we've made a lot of great progress on the game, and it's almost finished. Thanks again to everybody here who joined in. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed participating in it.
Pages: 1