ANY ISSUES TRANSFERRING FILES FROM RPG MAKER VX ACE FROM RPGMAKER.WEB TO THE STEAM VERSION?

Pages: 1
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any issues transferring a game from the version of Rpg Maker VX Ace from rpgmaker.web to the version off Steam?

It's just that I'm starting a new project, but I'm beginning to put money aside to buy a new laptop. I didn't want to put all that effort in, and then find out that it has complications with the old project.

If it does have issues, I'll just make graphics in the meantime until I get my new laptop and then I'll make headway on the project.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
That's a first. What issues exactly comes up when you try to open stuff? Having a screenshot or anything would be a good start to what needs to be solved.
Hi Vaccaria

I'm not asking because I've encountered issues, this is more asking in advance if there are any known issues. Anyway, thanks for responding.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm only aware of this issue with the screen shake event command. Saying that, I've been effectively using rpgmaker.web's version of Ace since pretty much it's inception without issue. How much longer I'll be able to do so remains unknown.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Ah, I see, I see. I'll also point out what Marrend said about the screen shake—it's basically fixed so it's a matter of checking the versions of your scripts and whatnot once you import files. So far, not much has bubbled around versioning issues... so you're good.
The Steam version of VX Ace has Steam Workshop integration and that's pretty much the only major difference. If you don't plan to use the Steam Workshop, I recommend turning that feature off (Properties > Betas > Original Version) as it can muck up file management in a few ways and it tends to be aggressive about uploading your projects to the cloud.
Cool, thanks everyone for the info. :)
Pages: 1