BEST RM SERIES TO PLAY ALL THE WAY THROUGH?

Pages: 1
Been messing around with RPG maker games since 2020. I realized i really enjoyed playing games that were a part of a series- watching the dev get better and better at their craft in real time felt neat.

I rally enjoyed the way and legion saga. Laxius power/laxius force felt pretty mid tbh.

Any other RM series worth knowing about? Most interested in JRPGS if possible instead of horror, puzzle, etc.
It's difficult for me to recommend a game because there are so many hidden gems and the best is subjective.

There are options to narrow your search and help you find a game you may be interested in.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You might consider reading over the "Series Master" articles written by sbester on this point. Though, those were written almost 10 years ago, the interview style and insights provided therein about developing a series might be useful/interesting.

For full disclosure, I participated in one of those interviews. However, the games mentioned were certainly among the earlier games I've made, before I really got my footing as a game developer. The gamedev journey of one of my showcase games might be more interesting.
Darken
The Way

I'd have to second this if only because it's the only RM series I've played the entirety of. That was ages and ages ago but I remember it being very good.

I should check it out again tbh.
Legion Saga
The Way
Befuddle Quest (puzzles!)

Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Befuddle Quest 7 is my favourite.
Also Princess Princess
author=Dyluck

*cries*
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
author=Dyluck

It was featured at one point, actually, so it must be a very good game.
A Blurred Line.

Sadly it never got its promised sequel, but it shows off the passion of earlier rpg makers.
Pages: 1