[RM2K] HELLO

Pages: 1
Hi. I'm Adanior. I'm a bit little weird so just bear with me.

MY BACKGROUND WITH RPG MAKER.
I've used RPG Maker on and off since I discovered it as a young lad circa 2003. I tried to make a ton of games with it that I never finished and are all lost now because I never backed anything up or released demos online as a kid. In my teens I kind of moved on afterwards to other, more advanced game engines where I also started but never finished a lot of projects.

WHAT BROUGHT ME BACK TO RPG MAKER
I can't remember the specifics. For context, I've been working on this hellish project since 2018 that would be the first game I ever finish and release. I started it on Unity and it has switched engine like 7 times and has had nothing but issues and setbacks, despite my desire to get it out the door and have at least one release to my name before I get too old. That ship is sailing though, and one day I decided to finally take a step back from the project and relax a little.

Then, earlier this year I learned about the EasyRPG project. At first I thought "who'd want to play RPG Maker 2000 games in this day and age", until I discovered LPs of games from the German RPG Maker scene, such as Unterwegs in Düsterburg, that actually amazed me with their quality. I remembered how much fun I used to have making RPG Maker games as a kid, in contrast with the misery I've endured for 5 years on my "A" gamedev project. So here I am.

WHAT I INTEND TO DO NOW
I'm going to fire up RPG Maker 2000 on Steam now and just make a game, and actually finish it. I already have an interesting world and scenario in mind and though it would take a lot of custom assets to realize it, it should be some much needed fun with gamedev before I return to my "main" project. Wish me luck!
Welcome to RMN.

Yes, making a simple game helps to build your skills and confidence before going back to a big project! I've done several small games. They are frequent game making events on this site to create valuable learning opportunities.

Choosing RPGMaker2000 or 2003 is a very good engine choice because EasyRPG allows anyone to play your game on modern platforms like Linux.
Hello fellow old fellow! Best of luck with rm2k/3
author=adanior
Then, earlier this year I learned about the EasyRPG project. At first I thought "who'd want to play RPG Maker 2000 games in this day and age", until I discovered LPs of games from the German RPG Maker scene, such as Unterwegs in Düsterburg, that actually amazed me with their quality. I remembered how much fun I used to have making RPG Maker games as a kid, in contrast with the misery I've endured for 5 years on my "A" gamedev project. So here I am.

Thanks for mentioning this. I like hearing about this stuff♥️. I like hearing about what gets people into rpgmaker,
or even back into rpgmaker. cool stuff here.
I have to get back to Dusterburg. It was pretty nice despite being really slow (on my computer?).
Pages: 1