PLAYING A GAME WITHOUT THE PROGRAM

Pages: 1
I know this may sound like a silly question but I need to know this for a friend of mine. Can someone play an RPG maker vx game without having RPG maker vx itself?
This should be in game discussion as well. (i love mini modding)

Anyway, no i don't think you can. You usually need the RTP installed.
There are certain games that allow this, but it's up to the maker to include all of the necessary files in order for anyone to play the game. A practice I recommend more people start abiding by.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Actually, there is a way to Play VX without needing to install the RTP. This is only possible if the creator compresses the game data and have it include the RTP.
author=Jakester link=topic=2755.msg51798#msg51798 date=1229929421
Actually, there is a way to Play VX without needing to install the RTP. This is only possible if the creator compresses the game data and have it include the RTP.

Do you know how to do that
author=Vivi21 link=topic=2755.msg51800#msg51800 date=1229929567

This tutorial might help you. It's for 2k3 but it should work with VX.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/tutorials/10/
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.

Yes, but I don't think you understood me right. If you do, then my bad. If you don't, let me try again... The creator who made the game would have to compress the game data and include the RTP. Meaning, yes you are able to play without the need fo VX RTP, but if he/she/creator did not choose to include the VX RTP, then there is a more likely chance you will need VX RTP to play it on your computer.

Or if you asking me how to compress the data for your game, go into VX editorial and click on File. After clicking on File you show see Compress Game Data and the rest is explanatory.
author=Jakester link=topic=2755.msg51802#msg51802 date=1229929883

Yes, but I don't think you understood me right. If you do, then my bad. If you don't, let me try again... The creator who made the game would have to compress the game data and include the RTP. Meaning, yes you are able to play without the need fo VX RTP, but if he/she/creator did not choose to include the VX RTP, then there is a more likely chance you will need VX RTP to play it on your computer.

Or if you asking me how to compress the data for your game, go into VX editorial and click on File. After clicking on File you show see Compress Game Data and the rest is explanatory.

So basically all I have to do is compress the RTP with the game itself and the'll be able to play it without vx. Thanks alot man I really appreciate itXD
Pages: 1