SCREENSHOT SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

author=the_nackster link=topic=3024.msg60389#msg60389 date=1233698387
@Darken: Yes this is in fact the general consensus I have been getting. But the question then is, what would make it fun? What exactly would it take to make it more fun for you? There is only so much I can do in the way of AI...

Make the hero go backwards when he's hit. This will make it look less weird. Make the hero's swinging range greater than the monster's or less depending if the monster is some crazy dude with a big sword long sword who can only be hit from behind. Play some classic action games and notice how the games prevent themselves from being mindless button mashing.

-The monster could have a charge attack that you must dodge. After the monster has charged, he will have a small after-delay allowing you to attack it.

-The monster could be shooting projectiles at you in which you must use a shield or dodge to prevent it from hitting you. Using a dodge or shield however will slow you down as you try to get in range of the enemy. The monster in question could also have a movement pattern in the way he shoots.

-The monster could shoot a poison gas or some kind of Area of Effect that the player must dodge and has to wait a moment before he can pass it to attack and prevent the monster's next AoE.

There are a lot of other ideas that come to mind. But I doubt that'd be possible in RPG Maker. If you can pull stuff like this in RPG Maker, you'll shake the RPG Maker scene as we know it. But if not, you're better off with GM or AGM.

author=Darken link=topic=3024.msg60413#msg60413 date=1233703229
There are a lot of other ideas that come to mind. But I doubt that'd be possible in RPG Maker. If you can pull stuff like this in RPG Maker, you'll shake the RPG Maker scene as we know it. But if not, you're better off with GM or AGM.

Anything's possible in RM.

Here's a video of my ABS in it's early development. I shall soon perfect it!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Y-iM0Srkc
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=3024.msg60447#msg60447 date=1233721414
author=Darken link=topic=3024.msg60413#msg60413 date=1233703229

Anything's possible in RM.
Not without scripting, it's not. I would personally never attempt an ABS in RM without scripting a pixel-based movement/hit detection system. IMHO, RM's default tile-based movement just doesn't cut it.
author=Anaryu link=topic=3024.msg59872#msg59872 date=1233464161
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVE6b8SMp8

Now on to actually designing the levels at last!

Despite the video title, it took me a while to realize that it's a Lost Universe fangame! :D I was already pretty impressed by what you have so far, but now I'm really stoked. That show was part of my childhood, lol. And your game is looking good, so now I'm really looking forward to the release. Good job, Anaryu, keep on working!
@Darken: I actually put your ideas on a sticky note next to my comp so I would remember them ^_^

I've been at it like a mad scientist, I cant stop trying to make it better... In an attempt to make enemies less predictable I am giving them their own special moves.

-Trying out a new character gfx I found
-You can now walk and attack at the same time
-If you get hit from the slime in a certain position, your character will autoface him so you dont have to walk away to get him
-Added blood when hero gets hit.
-Slime goes underground, you cant harm him until he reeapears.
-If he gets you on the way up, its a 5hp penalty (vs the 1 if he hits you normally), so its important to use the terrain to block him from getting to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlWkwPTW4g

MORE TO COME!
I like it now, it offically doesn't look boring and looks kind of neat! I wanna hack up some fresh slime TODAY!!! ;D
@iamnot: I am not (haha) sure why, but the robed character in your screen looks like it is sticking out. Quite a bit really.

Maybe it's just me.

Other than that, really nice use of a common chip set!
That looks great, Anaryu. How well does 3D run in Game Maker?
author=brandonabley link=topic=3024.msg60651#msg60651 date=1233854567
That looks great, Anaryu. How well does 3D run in Game Maker?

Well so far, I haven't gone too far yet, most of my models are pretty simple. All the complex robo-thingies I've been making seem to work well with a half-dozen on screen, so not too bad.

You need good culling methods (not drawing and processing things outside of your view), but I only got GameMaker to lag up once when I first made about 1500 small cubes on the map (no culling at that point either).

I guess you'll see when it's ready though. :)
Nothing amazing this time, just a new hud.

Also I just hired an artist so soon all the ugly grafix will be replaced ^^.
If possible Nack, do you think you can have a image besides the magic meter?

:o Real Men Network SERIOUSLY Needs Some Monopolo Movies!!! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kg2FQH0kkM

"The last 2 player match you will see, in a couple of days, your going to see 4 walk across the ea...I mean board!"

And for something I found on the internet!
Which might explain what happened to the ORIGINAL Mr. Monopoly. Before his son took over the business. :shady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b93mTVukuiE&feature=related

(Lol, doesn't count. But it sure is funny)

---

Hey! It's been like...2 months since I've shown something. I'm almost ready to show a 4 player match, but I couldn't resist showing SOMETHING! Enjoy! :fogetsmile:
An old project that I may or may not decide to go back to.

- At the gates.

- In the forest.

That is all.

author=the_nackster link=topic=3024.msg60693#msg60693 date=1233880373

I can't see your avatar OR that image. :(
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Nickad: Chrono Trigger: Gaiden, Schala's Revenge?
author=Anaryu link=topic=3024.msg60777#msg60777 date=1233936690
author=the_nackster link=topic=3024.msg60693#msg60693 date=1233880373

I can't see your avatar OR that image. :(
Click the quote button and copy/paste the link. Worked for me.
I like it. Nothing too fancy, but it's clean, easy to read and doesn't get in the way. Nice.
author=iamnot link=topic=3024.msg60607#msg60607 date=1233817881
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/266/mjesty2lm1.png
Get rid of the overlay here.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=iamnot link=topic=3024.msg60607#msg60607 date=1233817881

Who's that chick meeting with Shadar? :)
author=harmonic link=topic=3024.msg60799#msg60799 date=1233950495
Nickad: Chrono Trigger: Gaiden, Schala's Revenge?
Completely different :P.

author=nickad link=topic=3024.msg60736#msg60736 date=1233908205
An old project that I may or may not decide to go back to.

Nickad, that looks fantastic so far 8) I love the lights. I say you should go back to it ;)