SCREENSHOT SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

author=mellytan link=topic=3024.msg60886#msg60886 date=1233991862
author=nickad link=topic=3024.msg60736#msg60736 date=1233908205
An old project that I may or may not decide to go back to.

Nickad, that looks fantastic so far 8) I love the lights. I say you should go back to it ;)
Thanks you :).
I'm not too sure if I should go back to it... I'll have to redo all those light maps :(.
Man, my game is coming along so well. I can't wait to show some more things to you guys.

That's a really neat shot Feld!
Holy shit, that screen IS awesome, Feld! Wowza. It looks so...I dunno...I can't find a word for it at the moment, but I'll just go and say that it looks awesome. The color also adds to the atmosphere, and mkaes it even better. Ha ha.Wow. It's just that the area around that hole is very...good.

Great work!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Rei-: STAR WARZ

MOG: Nice. Just don't lose your eye, okay?

Also I am making a game playable entirely with a mouse, due to my perdicament. Note that my 'return topic' was aimed towards RPG making. I can't stand testing RPGs, but shooter/tower defense/rpg/puzzle hybrid games made in GM? Now that's what I call awesome.

If you can't tell, I'm reading the PvP archives right now.
Does... does this mean no more Demon Tower? :<
Craze
Go play Etrian Odyssey II.
You expected Craze to actually finish a game? I'm still waiting on Worldsong.

BTW I'm liking what I'm seeing there.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=3024.msg60942#msg60942 date=1234047718
Screen.
I like those chains. I also like the effect/tint you have going there. It really does capture a past event or the past itself. Though, it seems a little to red for my liking, but that is most likely just me.

author=Rei- link=topic=3024.msg60966#msg60966 date=1234059016
More screeeeeeens.
Nothing I can really say but that it is coming along nicely. Also, is the character and the 'Time Psi Distortion' going to have reflections too?

author=Craze link=topic=3024.msg60967#msg60967 date=1234060844
Screenz.
Those graphics are cute. Also, what is that line that is through the blue smiley square do?

Craze
The blue square moves on the white line (some levels it circles, some levels it zigzags, whatever). When you click, your currently equipped bullet shoots from the blue square towards your cursor. The bullet will always pass through your clicked spot, so the 'gimmick' is the timing/distance of shots based on the location of the Producer (blue square).

MODIFY:
btw there's a tiny pre-alpha hidden rather blatantly in the screen'd topic

Huh?
Rei that looks so awesome! Is it a rip from a star wars game? Anyways I love it! I wanna steal it! But I can't ya know. :)

Nice shot as well Feld. ^^
Craze
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=3024.msg61003#msg61003 date=1234117110

Huh?

In Rudras, when Sion encounters an uncovered Rudras Stone for the first time, he looses an eye.
New this update.
-Title Screen
-Projectile Magic (no collision detection yet)
-Game Over System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NXNCFWqid8
author=the_nackster link=topic=3024.msg61131#msg61131 date=1234262373
New this update.
-Title Screen
-Projectile Magic (no collision detection yet)
-Game Over System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NXNCFWqid8

Your game looks like it's coming along nicely. :) Nice to see RM games with ABSs that are at least... bearable. Keep uo the good work.
Hehe Ill take that as a compliment since it was probably meant as one.

TWO updates in one day ZOMG

In this update

-Collision Detection finished
:I Spent a great deal of time trying to determine how to make the magic hit its target. Well it was a pretty simpl variable operation of if monster x = magic x. But the problem was that I was hurting monsters on the other side of the map. So I went... hmmm I need some sort of code that makes it so you can only hurt an enemy within certain X amount of tiles close to you.

-So as a side effect of that, now you cannot attack or be attacked by an enemy unless said enemy is within 5 tiles of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ak6ofbSgwY

(Just uploaded this so it may take a second to show)
It was a compliment, Nack ;)
Collision detection can be a real bitch... It's hard enough coding it for the hero, imagine the warm time i had coding it for other party members as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Y-iM0Srkc
At least you have the benefit of scripting on your side. :'(
author=the_nackster link=topic=3024.msg61165#msg61165 date=1234285505
At least you have the benefit of scripting on your side. :'(

True, true.
You should think about jumping up to VX. Scripting makes things A LOT easier... seriously.
I first made that battle system in RM2k3 and it took me over a year to complete it, but making it in VX took a few months.