KEYBOARD SPEED (WPM)

Pages: first 123 next last
What's your keyboard typing speed? I average at 50 WPM although I can go to 60 but accuracy suffers a bit. I used Mavis Beacon before but nowadays just guage it from writing up reports and stuff.

It'd be good to compare WPMs with other RMN users, I'm predicting an average of 40-50.

You can use this:

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

Don't know if it's effective but it's Google's 2nd result.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
83wpm, 1 mistake.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
80 wpm, no mistakes. Your prediction seems to be taking a hit.
Well we need at least half of our active members to post their WPM before we draw any conclusions.

Honest is key and I might have made a wrong assumption there. ;)
I got 71wpm first try then did it again and got 85wpm (no errors either time). Numbers tend to slow me down.
This is a gamer geek forum. WPMs will be high.

I did something like this recently and got 80s-90.
Your speed was: 4081wpm.

You made 102 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

An, author, ought, to, consider, himself,, not, as, a, gentleman, who, gives, a, private, or, eleemosynary, treat,, but, rather, as, one, who, keeps, a, public, ordinary,, at, which, all, persons, are, welcome, for, their, money., In, the, former, case,, it, is, well, known, that, the, entertainer, provides, what, fare, he, pleases;, and, though, this, should, be, very, indifferent,, and, utterly, disagreeable, to, the, taste, of, his, company,, they, must, not, find, any, fault;, nay,, on, the, contrary,, good, breeding, forces, them, outwardly, to, approve, and, to, commend, whatever, is, set, before, them., Now, the, contrary, of, this, happens, to, the, master, of, an, ordinary.

Awesome. :)

(I think I misunderstood the instructions when they said "copy")
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Your speed was: 277wpm.

You made 1 mistake, your mistake is shown in bold text:

mraklsdnvlkasdnvlnasdlfvnaksdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkkddkdkkdkdsngklasdnvgklasdnglkasnglksndalgnaslgnoasnohgusnbadohnbsaohnbsarhynbsahlsajhnlsadhnlsadnglksadnglksdanglksadnhklgasdngklsdanfkhglsdanfklnsdalnfklsadngklasdngljkasdngljasdiglanbsdlgjknbsdalkgnbsdaklgnsdaklgnhaklsdgbklasdbgsdabgljsadnhgjlanhsdgljnasdfgdafhadfhadsfhafds
Your speed was: 3023260wpm.
hey guys this is funny the first time

not the billionth time
author=geodude link=topic=3985.msg80050#msg80050 date=1244826899
hey guys this is funny the first time

not the billionth time
I am a trend setter. you cannot fight this
I'LL BLAZE YOUR TRAIL >:(
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Seriously, check out the Typer Racer topic. It is way better than this website.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/forums/index.php?topic=3854.0
author=WIP link=topic=3985.msg80057#msg80057 date=1244828012

I also like Typer Shark, by PopCap.
I usually type around 95-110 WPM with no mistakes. Any higher and accuracy dies/fingers hurt.
Your speed was: 105wpm.

You made 3 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

author=ZPE link=topic=3985.msg80014#msg80014 date=1244824486
I'm predicting an average of 40-50.

:)
author=WIP link=topic=3985.msg80057#msg80057 date=1244828012

Hey that's a pretty good site. I got my predicted 52 WPM and yus I'm aware people here type faster but in the office, my speed is more than enough. xD
Your speed was: 93wpm.

You made 2 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

Holy shit, I didn't expect to do that well. It's probably a little higher since it took me a couple of seconds to find the "stop the clock" button. My e-penis feels massive.

edit: and my only mistakes were that I didn't capitalize impressions and ideas. Lame.
Pages: first 123 next last