SLIPPERY ICE?

Pages: 1
I'm using rpg maker 2003, and I'm currently making an ice cave dungeon but I can't get of a simple way to make slippery ice.
I want it that when you step on ice, it starts moving you in the direction you're facing, untill you are out of the ice again.
The way I have in mind is to have an invisible event on the ice border that turns on the "ice" switch. and have another event on parallel process check whenever the switch is on, to move constantly in the direction you're facing. but the problem is to turn it off, because I would need another invisible event in the ice border that turns the switch off, but when you move to a tile by event, instead of by manually getting there, the touch events don't work, therefore the switch gets never turned off, and you keep on slipping forever...
Is that a relatively simple way of doing this, that doesn't involve making separate events for all the possible conbinations or directions and amount of tiles to move?
What you want to do is harness the power of your Terrain ID in your Tileset tab. Give your ice tile a unique ID, and then put a single Parallel Process event somewhere on the map that checks the Terrain ID of the hero's current tile and, if it's ice, move him forward a square.

There's a little more to it than that but that's the basic gist.
Yes, there is a simple way to do this involving your friend, and mine, Mr. Terrain ID!
Alright, so here's how you go about it!

First off you want to set the ice tile to a certain terrain id number. Any number will do as long as it isn't being used. In this case I used '12'. Then you want to check both the X and Y co-ordinates of the hero. Easy done using variables to keep track of it. Check the ID of the current terrain by checking what tile you're stepping on via those X/Y positions, then add a fork to see if you're stepping on the right terrain number.
Input your movement command and finish it off with a Wait 0.0 and resetting of the variables.

Bingo! Done and dusted.

EDIT: You ninja'd me, brickroad.
Agh, I forgot about the get terrain ID event, I thought it was supposed to be in conditional branch, and when I didn't see it, I thought that wasn't aviable...
Thanks a lot guys! That was really easy and fast, now I can continue with my dungeon :)
I remember that Befuddle Quest map....
A lot of people don't but I love slippery ice puzzles, but I've never made one. I've never even thought about it, but If I do, I know where to find this topic.

...Whoa! Befuddle Quest puzzle idea, coming to me.
Thanks for the help, I managed to have a nice ice maze now, my brother just tested it and it''s nice enough :)
post=85469
Arrows are far easier
how creative and origional.
Pages: 1