RMN V2

Tagging resources was a brilliant move, WIP.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Update:

I haven't worked on the site in a couple weeks, as I've been focused on work and getting a game ready for Release Something!. A family member is also staying with me on the previous launch day, so I'm going to push the launch back by eight days.

That means January 12th will be when the new site opens up. There have been some additional ideas given that I want to include as well.

1) Makerscore rebalancing. Games won't be worth as much as they are now.
2) Games require two screenshots to be accepted on the site. Now, you won't be able to submit your game until screens have been uploaded.
3) A big idea is versioning for games. As games go through development, different versions of games are made and continually updated. All content attached to games will now also be attached to a version, so people can see which reviews, screenshots, etc... are attached to what. Each time you upload a new game download, you will have the option to bump up the game's version. You do not control the version yourself.
You should count the number of words in reviews and if they're less than 250 deny them.

Just out of interest, this site is written in php right? (I am assuming so cause you're probably using SMF's SSI functions).

I wouldn't mind discussing some of my ideas with you as well if you'll grant me an audience, WIP.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Eddie link=topic=419.msg6633#msg6633 date=1198276930
You should count the number of words in reviews and if they're less than 250 deny them.

Just out of interest, this site is written in php right? (I am assuming so cause you're probably using SMF's SSI functions).

I wouldn't mind discussing some of my ideas with you as well if you'll grant me an audience, WIP.
There's actually supposed to be a review check in there, but I disabled it while testing and never turned it back on. Whoops!

The site is written in Python using Django. I did the SMF integration myself.

I'd be delighted.
author=WIP link=topic=419.msg6634#msg6634 date=1198277226
...The site is written in Python using Django. I did the SMF integration myself...

I noticed that whole SMF link at the bottom of the page, and I downloaded it. I feel stupid now, because I thought it was a nice, simple forum creator. I was quickly proved wrong.
This looks awesome. Signing up to games is probably the main feature i am looking forward to. With this kind of thing you should expect more and more people to sign up to the site. Well done WIP. ;)
Looking forward to it, WIP! (Even if I'm a lazy bastard and still have nothing to show)
Sounds awesome. The site is decent as it is right now but these new features will make it that much more amazing. =) Can't wait.
WIP
I had a couple week break on it, but am now back in action.

http://wip.rpgmaker.net/images/rmn_new_layout_11.png

This is the current page for a graphical resource. On the right you see tag links to browse other resources with the same tag. You can see my name currently attached to the resource as its currently labeled CUSTOM.

Only custom resources show author names and can be commented on.
Wow, I can't wait. Is there an estimated release date? (if so, you probably posted it and I probably forgot).
last i heard it was January 12. Is this correct?
author=WIP link=topic=419.msg6604#msg6604 date=1198262660

That means January 12th will be when the new site opens up. There have been some additional ideas given that I want to include as well.

author=demondestiny link=topic=419.msg7266#msg7266 date=1199889698
last i heard it was January 12. Is this correct?
It used to be correct.

Now it's TBD.
WIP
Yeah I got busy with some other stuff and won't be around on the 12th. Expect it the week after.
Awesome. Will anything be lost in the process? Such as profiles? I should imagine not, but I'm somewhat excited, and so I ask.
WIP
Nothing will be lost in the upgrade process.