SIGHS" SORRY GUYS BUT ONCE AGAIN I NEED HELP....

Pages: 1
Alright let me explain to you what I'm doing. Ever since I discovered rpg maker for pc I"ve always wanted to make a Kingdom Hearts game. I made one on vx but I didn't release it on here because it looked so crappy with the 1st person battle system. Well now I have rm2k3 and am giving it another shot a long with another game I'm making that's my own Idea. I have all the battle charas set up except for one, the most important one, Sora. Both of the Sora battle charas on charasprojects.com say invalid color depth when I try to import them and no matter how much I change the color to pink or blue or whatever I try it still says the same thing. And once again yeah wouldn't ya know i can't seem to find any when I google it. Could someone give me a link to a new one or tell me what I need to do to fix the invalid color problem? Also my charas disappear after battle. Thanks again and sorry I'm still new to rm2k3 and for some reason windows vista won't let me open the help document.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Use Irfanview to solve your color depth problem.
Please heed my advice whoever you are, for I shalt tell thou true words of wisdom. Thou should not throw away thy toil by creating such a fan game, for a series that is already overflowing with cross-over characters. 'Tis much more productive for thou to create thy own dreams, and imbibe them within the engine of thy choice, and it shalt also be more entertaining for the peasants.

If your really must continue following your current path though, you need to change the color depth to eight bit. Google such things as Infranview and Gimp.
post=86251
Please heed my advice whoever you are, for I shalt tell thou true words of wisdom. Thou should not throw away thy toil by creating such a fan game, for a series that is already overflowing with cross-over characters. 'Tis much more productive for thou to create thy own dreams, and imbibe them within the engine of thy choice, and it shalt also be more entertaining for the peasants.

If your really must continue following your current path though, you need to change the color depth to eight bit. Google such things as Infranview and Gimp.

Changed it to 8 bits and it still didnt work. Even though u spoke in king james language i know what you're saying but I still wanna make one even if I dont decide to reease it. My only other option is to use the one charaset I found that works which is him in his kh1 outfit. Maybe I can put something in the story about it to make it acceptable. I have to do the same with Riku anyway cuz I couldn't find a kh2 battle sprite of him. I know this game will most likely get bad reviews if I release it but hey that just means people have played it. Plus no matter what I'll just be proud I made my own game. I guess I'll just have to make a killer storyline to make up for my lack of exact sprites.
Is it a .png or .bmp file? RM2K/3 only uses those files (and .xyz or whatever it's called). So if it's something else then it won't work. Also, check the size against others of the type. If it's ain't the right size it won't like it.
I gess it is too big or whatever cuz everything i do fails.
Tell ya what, post it here and I'll take a look-see what can be done. Then I'll let you know what the problem was so that you can fix it next time something like it happens, okay?
Whew I got it. Turns out after I edited it I wasn't saving it boy what a moron I am. Well anyway I got it now all I need is a KH2 battler of Riku and I'm good to go. Thank you all of you who helped me out I shall give you a special thanks in the credits if I release this.
Pages: 1