FINAL FANTASY IV (DS)

Pages: first prev 123456 last
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It wasn't a rumor, first of all. The game's director came out and said it. However, he never said they were putting that 3/4ths back into the game.

I'm not saying you can't criticize the game. Feel free. But don't compare its GRAPHICS to a game on far superior hardware. It's silly.

Also, I hope to god they never make another game like Crisis Core again. They shouldn't have made this game on PSP, because the DS has a stronger jRPG base.

What I am disappointed about in this version is the music. Total let down.
It wasn't a rumor, first of all. The game's director came out and said it. However, he never said they were putting that 3/4ths back into the game.

Why would he...why would he even say it then? "75% of the game was cut but YOU AIN'T GETTIN' IT" Maybe I'm missing something?

By the way, has anyone here heard about the FFIV sequel called The After? It's set about 18 or so years after FFIV, and it's about Cecil's son, Ceodore (named after Golbez).
author=Duke Feldshlacht von Moogleschtein IV link=topic=438.msg18794#msg18794 date=1212539580
Am I the only one who thinks the graphics are absolutely terrible?

I hear ya
I think the graphics look damn good! Better than FF7 anyway. I'm not sure what your guys's expectations are for the DS...it's basically a portable N64.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34788.html

Just watched this and was pretty impressed by it!
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=Work, Baron of Forever Progress link=topic=438.msg18908#msg18908 date=1212602377

I'm not saying you can't criticize the game. Feel free. But don't compare its GRAPHICS to a game on far superior hardware. It's silly.

Also, I hope to god they never make another game like Crisis Core again. They shouldn't have made this game on PSP, because the DS has a stronger jRPG base.

What I am disappointed about in this version is the music. Total let down.

He may have never explicity said they were putting the 3/4ths back in the game, but it was implied and all the fanboys ran with it.

It's fair to compare graphics on two handhelds of the same generation. It's fair to point out gameplay (where Crisis Core fell on its face).

It's also fair to compare graphics between the PS3/360/Wii. Nintendo has made some hardware decisions and they have to be judged by that. They made a conscience decision not to go for the graphic whores, but that doesn't remove that as a review category. However, developers can also make use of things like the dual screens, stylus, waggle, pointing and other forms of control immersion on these platforms where they are lacking on other systems.

Putting Crisis Core on the PSP was a no-brainer. It sold more than well enough to justify it. The PSP is doing extremely well in Japan right now, and you better believe a lot of those buyers have jRPG interests. (Less so in America, but, hell, even I bought it.)

I don't have a DS but I assume it has the standard Nintendo handheld problem of having terrible sound capabilities.
author=Sir Robert the Bruce, Keeper of the Crown link=topic=438.msg18952#msg18952 date=1212623654
It's fair to compare graphics on two handhelds of the same generation. It's fair to point out gameplay (where Crisis Core fell on its face).

It's also fair to compare graphics between the PS3/360/Wii. Nintendo has made some hardware decisions and they have to be judged by that. They made a conscience decision not to go for the graphic whores, but that doesn't remove that as a review category. However, developers can also make use of things like the dual screens, stylus, waggle, pointing and other forms of control immersion on these platforms where they are lacking on other systems.
Generally reviewers base graphics scores on the capabilities of the platform, not the capabilities of other platforms that the reader could've bought seeing as it's fairly likely that two games on separate platforms aren't really competing with one another.

Also, in regards to the earlier question about FF4: The After, it's for Cell Phones in Japan. I haven't heard anything about a port (it's an episodic game, so if they do port it it would probably be after all the episodes had run), but I wouldn't be surprised if they did a quick spit-and-polish and threw it on DS. There's basically no chance of the US getting the cell phone version, though--there's no market here.
Also, in regards to the earlier question about FF4: The After, it's for Cell Phones in Japan.

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.
author=Duke Feldshlacht von Moogleschtein IV link=topic=438.msg18992#msg18992 date=1212640590
Also, in regards to the earlier question about FF4: The After, it's for Cell Phones in Japan.

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.
I think you don't know the market for cell phone games in Japan.

Should I mention Final Fantasy XIII: Agito, or would that cause chunks to appear on the the Videogames forum view? Not saying that cell phone games are a good idea (even though they're leaps and bounds ahead of US cell phones; trust me), but it's a viable business strategy for the Japanese market.
I know how popular they are other there, but putting games on there basically assures we'll never get to see them.
WIP
author=Lady Trance the Demure link=topic=438.msg18997#msg18997 date=1212640897
I think you don't know the market for cell phone games in Japan.

Should I mention Final Fantasy XIII: Agito, or would that cause chunks to appear on the the Videogames forum view? Not saying that cell phone games are a good idea (even though they're leaps and bounds ahead of US cell phones; trust me), but it's a viable business strategy for the Japanese market.
Funny you mention this. Rumor has it that Agito has been shit canned.

Also, while mobile gaming is much bigger in Japan, Squenix is still not making very much money from it. According to their fiscal report just released a few weeks ago, they made more money of of Final Fantasy XI alone than they did all of their mobile titles. Their operating income was also down a gaping 41%.

Why they waste their time, I have no idea.
I bought and played this. I was looking for FF3 remake, but I messed up and bought FF4. There is hardly any difference in it from the classic version. The remake of FF3 though has a whole new storyline. I beat FF4 for DS about a month ago.
Pages: first prev 123456 last