QUICK QUESTION...

Pages: 1
When i compile a gamedisk using RM2K3, it does everything fine.
But when i try to use the install file its in like, gibberish. Does anyone know what the checkboxes mean?

Thanks in advance.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Before GOGP someone annoying says it, wrong forum.

I have no clue why you'd use the gamedisk compiler in the first place - just .ZIP the folder up and upload it for distribution. Easier and less buggy.
actually, one more question, is there an easy way to get all my resources into the folders without using the entire RTP?

And... right, sorry for the wrong forum :p
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
Everyone has the RTP- you don't have to worry about including it.
A handy tool to use for getting unused resources out of your folders is RMTool- which can be found here. It can purge a project of unneeded resources, which is a good thing to do before a release.

A good place to look for helpful RM-related tools and resources if Feldschlacht IV's Master Helpful Things topic in the Help forum.
What if I want to send my game to a friend who doesnt own RM2K3 and hasn't installed the RTP... is it impossible then?

And thank you for the links, they will be very handy :)
LouisCyphre
Simple. Make one ZIP with the RTP, and one ZIP without.
tardis
And, adding on to what CP said, once you've made your one zip with the RTP, run RMTool on it to clear out unneeded RTP files and cut file size down.
You also need to put the harmony.dll to the folder and tag on FullPackageFlag=1 to the RPG_RT.config file or whatever it's called.
Sample:
GameTitle=Muse
MapEditMode=2
MapEditZoom=0
FullPackageFlag=1

Muse is my game, but it would be your own title there, and the other two lines below it depend on something else, just ignore that. Just put FullPackageFlag=1 there at the end.
It's RPG_RT.ini

Also:

Thou hath now wandered into the correct kingdom, the realm of answers.
post=93286
And, adding on to what CP said, once you've made your one zip with the RTP, run RMTool on it to clear out unneeded RTP files and cut file size down.

Also I hate RMTool because sometimes it purges needed files for me... I am very wary of using it!
tardis
post=93340
post=93286
Also I hate RMTool because sometimes it purges needed files for me... I am very wary of using it!

As well you should be. :| Someone really needs to improve upon RMTool, for the good of the community.
LouisCyphre
post=93272
post=93336
Too late.
post=93397
post=93272
post=93336
Too late.
I doest believe that thou should re-recall my decree.

Notice that it does not mean wrong forum.
LouisCyphre
Verily, I hath erred.
Pages: 1