MISAOS

Pages: first 123 next last
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Some may notice there is now a main navigation link to view the Misaos over the years. The system has been updated to work with RMN3 and there are some new surprises with it!

First, you can now view your previous votes in the Votes section of your Account pages. You can see everything by year.

Second, the overall system for Misao voting has changed. I didn't feel like we were getting enough out of the previous system, so the staff and I (mostly the staff) thought up ways to change it.

Misao voting now takes place across the entire year. Throughout the year, there will be a quick button on every game profile that allows you to vote for that game in our specified Misao categories. This vote is saved until the end of the year, where the results are checked and displayed. A new round of voting then commences for another year.

But wait! What if you voted for a game in April for Best Graphics and then a game came out in July that knocked your socks off? Well you will be able to change your vote throughout the year at any time. You can easily change your vote to this new game whenever it shows up!

As a consequence of this tight integration with the website, the system no longer allows outside votes. I wanted to tune the system more into handling just the games here rather than dealing with a lot of outside data.

Now here's the big question: due to the redesigning of the system taking place over the course of an entire year and it being near the end of 2009, how should the system be activated? It was my initial idea to just turn it on now and let people fill votes out for the remainder of 2009.
i think we know what the real 2008 game of the year was B)
post=109900
i think we know what the real 2008 game of the year was B)

sonic and mario? Anyway, to be serious, 2008 was pretty terrible. Mainly because of how the categories were handled. I'm glad there's an approach to make 2010 or perhaps 2009 more structured and less controversial.
Great Idea I think this should get more of Rmn involved.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I say go forward and use it for this year, if it implodes violently we can try something else.
game of the year: chrono trigger
game of the year: rudra no hihou gaiden apparently
post=109931
game of the year: rudra no hihou gaiden apparently

Haha.
2009 is the Year of the Hero.
I am pro-Misao but anti-the name Misao
I want to vote for that monopoly game by that guy who acts like a real life Mad Hatter.
post=110024

Subliminal message endorsed!
post=110024

so much
I also have Liminal and Superliminal marketing strategies.
does superliminal involve shouting I AM A FUCKING HERO at loud volume
post=111798
does superliminal involve shouting I AM A FUCKING HERO at loud volume
...yes.
can i be chief marketeer
"Now you're asking for too much: go away, hippie!"

...Is what kentona should say. :P
NONONO!

To allow users to vote all year will make it so that games made early on have an advantage over games made later on. It will discourage the production of games shortly before Misaos happen!
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
1) You're seven months late to the party

2) You have it backwards. Games made later in the year ALWAYS have an advantage over games made early in it because people are more likely to remember something they played in November than they did in, say, February. Allowing them to vote all year means they can cast votes for games that impress them as they play them rather than trying to remember what they played in December, giving up, and putting all their votes on the last thing they played. It's a better system.

...in theory. This is the first year we're trying it, so I dunno how well it works.

Also, hey, this is a good time to remind everyone to do some misao voting! Don't forget those games you played in the first half of the year, guys! Remember, you can always change your votes later!
Pages: first 123 next last