ART STUFFS

Hey, very nice. From afar, however it seems to look like a mustache and not a mouth to me :x
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Yeah, I got that inkling too. Thankfully the resolution most people are going to see it at is 80px by 100px, since it's a menu faceset, and it doesn't look bad at that size.
Puddor
Puddor

Wow, I drew a picture of myself I actually like P:

It's for my new deviantID.
i think your boob is a bit too high up, looking good all the same(you i mean not your boob)

edit: but your boob probably looks good as well, gosh what kind of hole have i dug
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
In addition to what boobledeeboo mentioned, your elbow occurs at a really strange place in your arm. It's like you don't have enough forearm.
Use reference pictures when drawing shapes you don't necessarily have a lot of practice with. Google image search is your friend.
She appears to be missing a torso.

(to be more serious, I highly suggest using reference in the future, a lot of technical problems with this one.)
I remember when I used to draw people or caricatures, I would often drop their legs off the bottom of the page, of if doing a torso-up, their arms. It was an innate fear and laziness of drawing something as detailed as hands and feet =)

Technical issues aside, keep up the good work!
Puddor
I haven't drawn anything properly in a week because I hate drawing at my Mum's and I usually lose the images unless they're in my sketchbook, so I'll post a faceset that I drew for CC.

And the size it appears at in-game:
I think it looks better than the other girl you drew but I have some issues.

Firstly, the lips are really detailed next to the rest of the piece, which draws my eyes. It's odd. The rendering on the lips is also the best in the piece.

You also seem to have issues with shading shape and light. Look at a reference for light source if you need to, because right now it goes off everywhere..
Puddor
...But I did use a reference for this image D:. I couldn't get Kyer/Rinoa right so I looked at her original artwork from FF8.

(I was using the larger version, however)
And I shouldn't have shaded the lips so heavily, but sometimes I go overboard ^_^'
Puddor
I've been on a Squall binge for the last couple of days, which makes absolutely no sense because I've been playing Jak and Daxter. =/.

But anyway, this is the second drawing I've done since I returned from my Mum's that I liked. The other is also Squall but I don't like it as much as this one.

And colours with a blurred FF8 background:

Three things:

His arm is extremely long.

There are some weird things going on with that hand.

His skull is gargantuan.

Decent coloring, though.
Puddor
Giant heads are my specialty =D. Nah not really, I just have a problem with big heads/skulls. I'm trying to improve, the big-head issue was worse in a number of my earlier works.

And I realized the hand was screwed, but I wasn't really caring about it after rubbing it out several times and having to flip it when I realized the thumb was facing the front, which it definitely shouldn't be.

And I think I'll fix that arm, should only take me ten minutes tops.

Thanks for the comment on the colouring ^_^. I've found as I've progressed my colouring is beginning to look better than my linework, which is frustrating because I'm constantly sketching/practising yet I colour less often -.-

EDIT: Hang on, the arm looks alright in the other full-bodied picture I did (excluding feet 'cause I ran out of room, heh). He's about 7 and a half heads tall here, so I'll upload that as a comparison (it's almost exactly the same picture except a slightly different facial expression).
Puddor
Had to adjust the contrast so you could see it properly, but meh.

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Remember, the eyes are on the very middle of the head, from chin to the top of the skull.
Puddor
I'll keep that in mind. I'm generally not too bad with it though, and he is looking down here. I don't know if this is correct or not now that you've said that, but I always figured looking down meant more of a view of the skull and a slightly lower eye height.

I'm probably just really bad a portraying angled heads -_-.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Nice it's looking better already. I wonder why there isn't a master art thread for this stuff.
post=119829
Had to adjust the contrast so you could see it properly, but meh.

post=119918
Remember, the eyes are on the very middle of the head, from chin to the top of the skull.

I thought it looked fine.
When someone is looking down or up from the viewer's pov (that is, the horizon line), facial features get more compacted. Keeping that in mind will help you a lot.