THE MOST MUST-HAVE RPG FOR THE PSP

Pages: first prev 123 last
I dunno, the plot wasnt that great but it was solid, zack was a good protaganist imo, and the gameplay was really cool.

people dont complain about kingdom hearts' gameplay and its essentially the same thing.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I dunno, it's pretty silly, but it's not a gamebreaker or anything. A weird feature, at worst.

It certainly broke my game. Level 70 by Hollender? (Who is level 37) No thanks.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
What Chaos said, also take in the fact it was supposed to explain/explore the events prior to Final Fantasy VII. Yet in relation to the original makes no sense whatsoever.. Well less sense I should say as FFVII wasn't the most straight forward game. Zack is an idiot, Angeal has no saving features about him, infact that goes for almost all the characters in the game, their bland and pointless.

Gameplay wise the game is just corridors and button mashing. You do the same thing from start to finish through out the entire game, even in the 300 side missions which are ALL the same. I seriously doubt there was an experience bar somewhere in their as I would sometimes level up twice from just 2 battles then not again for a long time.

People do complain about Kingdom Hearts gameplay.. Quite often actually.
post=116001
It certainly broke my game. Level 70 by Hollender (who is level 37)? No thanks.

That's an issue with the difficulty, not the slots system itself. Besides, at least the player has all of the option missions to put those high levels to good use.

What Chaos said, also take in the fact it was supposed to explain/explore the events prior to Final Fantasy VII. Yet in relation to the original makes no sense whatsoever..

How doesn't it?
I seriously doubt there was an experience bar somewhere in their as I would sometimes level up twice from just 2 battles then not again for a long time.

There is a hidden experience factor, the game's code has been pulled apart and tested many times. The reason why you may have leveled up twice/not at all is due to chance, but there IS an experience factor that does average you out to where you're 'supposed' to be.
You cant doubt a fact man, there is clearly an exp factor in CC. But to each his own, if you dont like it, ill respect that.

Tau
RMN sex symbol
I always had the feeling it had nothing to do with experience but more through your actions during a fight, certain amount of magic uses, etc. Also can't believe someone went to the trouble of finding that experience bar.
post=116008
I always had the feeling it had nothing to do with experience but more through your actions during a fight, certain amount of magic uses, etc. Also can't believe someone went to the trouble of finding that experience bar.

There is an hidden experience bar, and every enemy does indeed have a certain amount of experience it gives you. However, unlike conventional RPGs, getting a certain amount of experience doesn't automatically mean you gain a level. Due to the slots, there IS a certain amount of chance to it, but even that chance steadily increases the more you gain experience, so you don't go TOO long without gaining a level.

The bigger gap there is between the experience you have and the level that experience gives you, the better chance you have of the reel giving you a level up.

And as for going through the trouble to find the EXP bar, people have been digging and decoding game mechanics since the original Final Fantasy. Hell, people do it for all video games nowadays.
I ended up going with Half Minute Hero. I might get Final Fantasy II also.

On a side note, Half Minute Hero = Liquid Awesome.
The only PSP RPG I know is Final Fantasy Tatics. (bad spelling)
ps1 version is better, you heard it here first.
Crisis Core is the best rpg I've played for the psp....imo

Zack was a likable character and for those who didn't play FF7(like me) the ending of the game would make you sad(Hell, I heard people cried and stuff o.o)

post=115881
Crimson Gem Saga. That's Astonishia Story 2, isn't it? I thought that looked pretty bad from first impressions. Was it actually alright, then?

It's not bad. The PSP is full of RPGs that are just "not bad" rather than RPGs that are really exceptional though. The reviews were pretty positive. The Metacritic average is not very good because there are a small number of reviews but it's at least a good place to find a list of them:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/crimsongemsaga?q=crimson gem saga

The strangest thing about the game though is that you move your character with the dpad on pre-rendered backgrounds that are generally placed at isometric 30 degree angles . . . but your character moves straight up and at 45 degree diagonals. So the dpad is not shifted to match to angle that the environment is drawn in like it is in Final Fantasy games using the same art style.

ALSO, about Crisis Core and it's "random" leveling up:

This is a problem with the interface with the player. It is not really random, but it seems random and does its best to appear like it is random. The game convinces you that it is random but that you have generally good luck that is not exceptionally good luck. The end result is the same as other RPGs; e.g., you fight battles and gain levels. However, the player does not really feel like the mechanics are very solid.
Crisis Core is the best rpg I've played for the psp....imo

Zack was a likable character and for those who didn't play FF7(like me) the ending of the game would make you sad(Hell, I heard people cried and stuff o.o)

Crisis Core is a pretty cool guy, eh kills monsters and doesn't afraid of anything.

Crisis Core is a convoluted and embarrassing mess on par with Dissidia. Brandon pretty much hit that on the head, and by the way...

This is sad, Zakk was just a hyperactive douche.

Can someone explain what makes Jeanne D'arc so great? Maybe FFT just spoiled me; but I never could muster the motivation to even finish.
what's wrong with dissidia
Fucking Nightblade, don't link that. Major spoilers.
Pages: first prev 123 last