SHOULD I BUY A PS3 TODAY?

Pages: first 12 next last
I kind of want a blue-ray player, and something to listen to music with for the living (I can stream from my computer or put it all on the harddrive, right?) I think I can also put all my movies on it right so I can watch them on the good ol' HDTV. It's a shame I couldn't find a way to record TV programs with it in Japan.

Anyways, are these good enough reasons to pick one up? I'd eventually get games as well, but right now the only game I'm interested in is Final Fantasy XIII and the Japanese is way too difficult in it for stupid old me.

Yes/No
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I'd get a backwards compatible one.

(Personally, I have no reason to move beyond PS2 until FFXIII comes out.)
That's fair enough, but I have no interest in playing PS2 games on it, so I'd be going with a slim.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
Yes get one......please get it now.

Once Versus comes out you'll need access to one as quickly as you can.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
No, don't get one just for Final Fantasy 13 or versus. That is a horrible idea. It would be worthwhile to get one for games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Demon's Souls even little big planet. But not for that hackslash reject Versus.
AFrenchDreamer
post=116017
No, don't get one just for versus. That is a horrible idea. It would be worthwhile to get one for games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Demon's Souls even little big planet. But not for that hackslash reject Versus.

ARK HOW COULD YOU!?

Versus is like Chuck Norris.....you don't mess with it...
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Yeah, if Chuck Norris had a dick in his mouth.
Honestly, If you want to buy a ps3 just for FF13 thats a terrible idea. FF13 looks awful. Take the advice of Ark and get it for better games like Uncharted or Infamous, etc. Also, get an older one so you can hack it if you are interested in those sorts of things.

But yeah, avoid ff13.
AFrenchDreamer
post=116021
Yeah, if Chuck Norris had a dick in his mouth.

Chuck Norris doesn't like it when people say things like that.....Chuck Norris will get very angry.

And you won't like him when he's angry...
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I am sure Chuck also doesn't like the paparazzi taking pictures of his lewd acts, either.
I don't want to buy a PS3 just for FFXIII, I'm not sure how you got that impression.

I'm not interested in hacking, if I was, I would definitely get an older one, so thanks for that tidbit.

FFXIII Versus doesn't have a release date yet, if I only wanted it for that, I would wait incase there is a price drop.

I really dislike games like Uncharted or Infamous. It'd be an unfair generalization to say that I hate all western made M rated games, but it'd probably be true about 95% of the time.

Oh, another question, is Fallout 3 similar to games like Uncharted or Infamous? It's quite cheap.

edit; please don't make me name 19 western M rated titles now.

post=116026
Oh, another question, is Fallout 3 similar to games like Uncharted or Infamous? It's quite cheap.

Fallout 3 isn't really similar to either of those games, but honestly it's pretty meh (I am saying this as a huge fan of the other Fallout RPGs).

Infamous is cool btw but I'd recommend renting it :p
Didnt say you were. I was just talking in relation to the thread. As far as the hacking thing goes, I was just being helpful, so you dont have to be snippy.

Fallout 3 is nothing at all like Uncharted/Infamous. I dont understand why you wouldnt like either (they are both solid adventure games) but I wont ask why.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=116028
As far as the hacking thing goes, I was just being helpful, so you dont have to be snippy.

He wasn't being snippy as far as I read. :P
I said that I wanted a PS3 for non-game reasons. I didn't mean to sound snippy, I was actually trying to sound nice. I may've failed though.

Genre preferences are genre preferences. Ofcourse it doesn't go for all games, but I can't remember playing a triple-A western mature title that didn't bore the shit out of me. Thinking mainly of games that were inspired by GTAIII or Medal of Honor.
infamous is cool

Yeah infamous is really cool from what I played. Uncharted 2 plays like a movie in most parts and looks amazing, and the gameplay is a huge step up from the first.

LBP yeah is also a given. I liked the Burnout on ps3 also, its pretty good
post=116031
I said that I wanted a PS3 for non-game reasons. I didn't mean to sound snippy, I was actually trying to sound nice. I may've failed though.

Genre preferences are genre preferences. Ofcourse it doesn't go for all games, but I can't remember playing a triple-A western mature title that didn't bore the shit out of me. Thinking mainly of games that were inspired by GTAIII or Medal of Honor.

My apologies then :)

But yeah man, try Uncharted 2, you might love it.
I've been watching a playthrough of "Infamous" and it's pretty awesome. Much better than that crap known as "Prototype".... >.>

From what I've seen, I'd give "Infamous" a 8 out of 10...but that's just off the top of my head.
Well, due to all the answers about whether I should buy a PS3 or not today, I've decided not to. Maybe I will tomorrow, but more than likely not.
Pages: first 12 next last