A OR B (SPRITING QUESTION)

Pages: first 12 next last
Hello everyone! I've been spriting out my characters, and I've been having trouble with one in particular.
Her name is Dahlia. She is not a main character, but is with the party for a long time. She is a high priestess (healer) within one of the churches, and is on a pilgrimage to find a lost holy relic. This is what she looks like.

I just CAN NOT decide between these two versions! I know it seems silly, because the differences are subtle, but maybe you guys can help me.
I think I like version A better, but the braid and ribbon may be too... Shall we say "Aireth-like" and why the hell would anyone who can't fly wear a cape? I just kinda figured that if version B was the normal version, if she were sent on a quest, maybe she would put her hair up and maybe don a cape for some reason?

Let me know what you think of her. (She can take your criticism, she knows she's beautiful on the inside)
Thanks for the input!
Just take the hair from B and put it on A.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
A appears more formal, while B is more suited for travel.

Just use both when appropriate. It's not like RPG heroes have to wear the same outfit at all times or anything.

And ftr, I doubt anyone would mistake A for Aerith. It's not pink enough.
I thought some sort of disney princess hair myself.
Yeah, agree with Chaos........

It never came to me that she can be Aerith until you said it........
post=119145
A appears more formal, while B is more suited for travel.

This is backwards! You wear long hair up when you are worried about sticks and whatever getting stuck in it and down when you want to look good. Also, you wear a cloak to travel, not to stand around looking good. Kids these days. Who would wear a dress that shows that much shoulder when going traveling?

I would go with A no question for the reasons I just listed. Overall it looks like a better sprite and it has more detail (and therefore graphical character).
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Questions of why a priestess is wearing a cleavage-baring gown in the first place aside, I am going to be the dissenter here and say I like B better. A is far more generic looking as far that style of sprite goes, B is much more distinctive looking. They're both good though, and chaos' suggestion of using both where appropriate is not a bad one.

Questions of why a priestess is wearing a cleavage-baring gown in the first place aside, I am going to be the dissenter here and say I like B better

Though at first I thought she was some princess or something.

How is A more generic when it's the same thing as B but with her hair tied up and cape (it's also darker).
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
There are a lot of sprites like that floating around with similar capes. Without the cape her fairly unique outfit stands out more.
Yes, except she has a ponytail (uncommon) and it's a cloak, not a cape!
I'd find a use for both, personally. I think A looks more adventure and travel-oriented while B is more settled, as though in a town or anywhere that doesn't involve adventuring.
You should use both, A for plain wear and B for formal (like a dance or something.) I don't know.
I'm glad no one is feeling the Arieth vibe. I know I frown on Final Fantasy references in RM games (and FF7 references make my blood run cold)

post=119147
I thought some sort of disney princess hair myself.

Love it.

post=119152
Questions of why a priestess is wearing a cleavage-baring gown in the first place aside,

I'm glad you noticed. It's a sex tactic to hook the kids into going to church.

post=119157
except she has a ponytail (uncommon)

I'm glad you think it's uncommon. For some reason I leaned toward the long hair JUST because I thought a pony tail was trite and cliche.

I think I agree with the general consensus. Cape bad. I decided to go with the hair up and the cape in the fireplace. And totally cleavage all the way.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
and why the hell would anyone who can't fly wear a cape?
A cloak/cape can serve a miriad of purposes, especially during travel. Such purposes include shielding yourself, keeping yourself warm, and wrapping things in said cloak/cape. As such, I can't help but ask why she wouldn't wear a cloak/cape if she's on a long, arduous journey and had the choice.

As for the hair, I say pony tail. I don't see priestesses sporting pony tails that often.
I would wear a cloak like you wouldn't believe if I was going on an adventure!
Yeah, I probably would too. If for no other reason then for having an extra blanket. Tents don't restore HP and MP if you have you sleep on the cold ground!
Agree.....
And despite the fact that she is a girl......

Of course, she need something when she sleep.....

: )

( >O_________________o)>

Not to be stupid.....
But how do you pronounce your name???

de-may-kru-sa-yus?????
post=119173
As for the hair, I say pony tail. I don't see priestesses sporting pony tails that often.

Okay, be honest: When is the last time you actually saw a priestess AT ALL?????
post=119196
Agree.....
Not to be stupid.....
But how do you pronounce your name???

de-may-kru-sa-yus?????

Very close. Dem-me-crew-say-us.
Demi is cool though.
Pages: first 12 next last