ENEMY TOUCH SYSTEM HELP

Pages: 1
OK, so I want to use the method where you touch a wandering enemy sprite to trigger a fight. The only problem I'm having is how to make them disappear after winning and then reappear after coming back to that map. Any ideas on how to do that without having to use a bunch of switches?
Erase event.

Read the help file on it.
Holy crap. It really is that simple! Shit, I've been using switches all this time and totally forgot about the erase event feature. Time to rework some monsters. >.<

Thanks Aten.
keep in mind that this won't work if you plan to have enemies respawn after a set amount of time on a given map.
Switches also let you control whether or not enemies reappear after you leave the map or leave the area (or after two maps, or whatever).

I think the best way to do it (in terms of giving you the most control) is to have a number of switches set aside for encounters in an area. When you leave the area, all these switches are reset. That way, you can reuse the same switches over and over for each area (lowering the number of requisite switches dramatically) while still ensuring you have lots of options (monsters reappearing after certain conditions are met, monsters staying dead when you leave the map, monsters staying dead if you have a menu/CBS that requires teleport to another map, et cetera).

Erase event is certainly the best way to go if you're not planning on doing anything fancy and especially if you are using large maps where the player won't be hitting teleports frequently, but otherwise I'd set aside 30-50 switches per area and use a common event to clear them that you can call when you leave an area/trigger some other reason they'd reappear.
Pages: 1