OBAMA HATE TRENDS

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I just got done reading this shit today:

Link
... The comments are even worse:
Comments

Frankly, it's a shame that people like these are given the right to make a blog site about how much they hate a politician... For the most ridiculous reasons.

Anyway, what are your feelings about America's current president? I haven't really seen much of him, and I'm not buying into the whole "broken promises" bullshit. He hasn't even been in office for a year, and people acted like he was a god.
Before this gets really started, I'd like everyone to take a look at this.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
post=123978
Before this gets really started, I'd like everyone to take a look at this.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/

Heh, that just says it all. I still can't figure out why there are complaints about him.
BLARGH

I'm sorry, that's only part of the overall page I wanted to address. Here's the correct page, here

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Still though, he has a pretty good track record.
I guess some people thought he was some kind of genie, that he'd just snap his fingers and all of the problems would go away...not realizing that most of these issues were years in the making and will take years to fix.
Frankly, it's a shame that people like these are given the right to make a blog site about how much they hate a politician... For the most ridiculous reasons.

Um, why is it a shame again? How about that little thing called Freedom of Speech? No one said that you had to have a good reason for it. Frankly, I don't like the man either, and I don't have much of a reason, I just can't stand the guy. I think the majority of people voted for him simply because of his color. Guilty white liberals, trying to make up for something they didn't do. Ridiculous.
However, if his record stays as good as it has been looking, I could change my mind about the guy.
post=123988
I think the majority of people voted for him simply because of his color.

If it makes you feel any better, there are also a surprising number of people who DIDN'T vote for him simply because of his color.
Honestly, considering the alternative, why would anyone not want Obama?
If it makes you feel any better, there are also a surprising number of people who DIDN'T vote for him simply because of his color.

Oh, that doesn't surprise me, I live in Alabama. Shit, we own that kinda thing. And it doesn't really bother me, what I said before. I guess you could say I'm apolitical. I think that Democracy has turned into a joke.
I stay out of the voting booth, and mostly keep my opinions to myself. I'm of the "could give a shit less" party.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
It's people like you that make Democracy not work. You have absolutely no right to complain at all if you do not vote.
post=123993
It's people like you that make Democracy not work. You have absolutely no right to complain at all if you do not vote.

I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion. And actually, I differ on that. I DO have a right to complain, if I want to. Once again, it's that "free" thing.
I thought he bombed/derailed the debates and was a bit surprised when he got elected (of course, McCain's Senate voting history always made me a little nervous, and I am rather conservative, fiscally at least) . Now that he's in office I'm quite relieved that he's not doing terribly. I don't agree with a good number of his decisions, but I can't think of a President in my lifetime where this was the case :p

I don't love the dude, but I have to admit that most of the Obama hate I hear is pure fiction; people love to accuse Democrats of having all sorts of retarded agendas that, while they may have tried to implement in the past, the ones smart enough to any shot at the presidency have all realized that those issues hurt them every time they're brought into play (i.e. gun control). It's amazing how strong of a political opinion a person can form while actively avoiding the factual information typically used to form such opinions on.

But the link provided isn't even about politics, it's just a weak attempt to jab at the President that reflects more on the stupidity and desperation of the author than on Obama. I remember during G-Dubs' two terms every right-leaning Bush supporter was chanting "you might not agree with him but we have to support him because he's TEH PREZ a house devided etc herp derp". Now that the shoe's on the other party's foot it looks like they were just kidding!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=124000
I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion. And actually, I differ on that. I DO have a right to complain, if I want to. Once again, it's that "free" thing.

Democracy is about people electing representatives to state and act on their views. If you do not vote, you are only hurting yourself. You can use your free speech if you want, but it's empty if you don't actually do anything to further it.
Democracy is about people electing representatives to state and act on their views. If you do not vote, you are only hurting yourself. You can use your free speech if you want, but it's empty if you don't actually do anything to further it.

How does not voting hurt me? All of these people, the politicians, they're all the same. The tell you what you want to hear, get elected, then do what they want. Sometimes, what they tell you and what they want happen to be the same thing. It's a happy coincidence, that's all. And there has never been one, not one presidential candidate that represents MY views. So, instead of settling, of picking the best of a bad lot, I just stay away. Where is the problem there? As soon as we get a candidate that legalizes pot and prostitution, then I'll vote.
Maybe.
post=123993

By not voting you can complain about what the elected did wrong because you weren't responsible for it!
post=124013
post=123993
By not voting you can complain about what the elected did wrong because you weren't responsible for it!

I didn't tell the guy at Ft. Hood to whack all of those people, or the weather, but I can complain about those things too. I still don't see the logic in that argument.
As long as you're content having not even the slightest influence on proceedings that can and do affect the quality of your daily life, then not voting isn't too big of an issue. It just makes our votes count for more :p

also this site is a breeding ground for terrible analogies but man, that Ft. Hood bit takes the cake.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I am actually glad he doesn't vote in a skewed sense.